Author Topic: Cannot reinstall CVA beta  (Read 12411 times)

Offline UncleDoug

• Comodo's Hero
Cannot reinstall CVA beta
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »
Several months back uninstalled CVA beta troubleshooting a problem with another program.
Back then and now I am unable to install the current CVA beta because it says it is already installed.
see attachment.

I used find in registery editor for Comodo Vulnerablity Analyzer   and it found severeal keys which I deleted, but the same message keeps coming back.

Thanks
UncleDoug

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rahul

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Cannot reinstall CVA beta
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:15:17 AM »
Several months back uninstalled CVA beta troubleshooting a problem with another program.
Back then and now I am unable to install the current CVA beta because it says it is already installed.
see attachment.

I used find in registery editor for Comodo Vulnerablity Analyzer   and it found severeal keys which I deleted, but the same message keeps coming back.

Thanks
UncleDoug
Hi UncleDoug,

The issue is due to a key not being removed by the CVA un-installer prior to version 1.1.4.30.
You can manually delete the following key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\12".

Hope this resolves the issue.

Rahul

Offline UncleDoug

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »
Thank You Rahul !

How foolish I feel, that I could not find the answer on my own  :-[

You can manually delete the following key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\12".

Install and uninstall tips like this should be found with each software in the faq page.

Did notice that several software that CVA showed there was new updates. After I downloaded it the files, dates were the same with the installed version?. 

Two of which were JKDefrag and Process Explorer,  another I did not even attempt to download was
Open Office, the reason was that the File Hippo "Update Checker" only had one item in its updates for my system and that was Nvidia Forceware update, which was not in the CVA list.
Open Office is one that it does list new updates for.

Also it showed PowerDVD has an update,  glad I read the fine print.  The Free version I now use would have been over written with a 30 day trial.

Again Thank You for the easy tip !  :-TU

UncleDoug
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:49:53 PM by UncleDoug »

Offline Rahul

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »
Thank You Rahul !

How foolish I feel, that I could not find the answer on my own  :-[

Install and uninstall tips like this should be found with each software in the faq page.

Did notice that several software that CVA showed there was new updates. After I downloaded it the files, dates were the same with the installed version?. 

Two of which were JKDefrag and Process Explorer,  another I did not even attempt to download was
Open Office, the reason was that the File Hippo "Update Checker" only had one item in its updates for my system and that was Nvidia Forceware update, which was not in the CVA list.
Open Office is one that it does list new updates for.

Also it showed PowerDVD has an update,  glad I read the fine print.  The Free version I now use would have been over written with a 30 day trial.

Again Thank You for the easy tip !  :-TU

UncleDoug

Hi UncleDoug,

Glad to help you. Can you please let us know the versions of the products you had mentioned. A screenshot would be great. We'll look into the issue.

Thanks
Rahul

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek