Author Topic: A free online file verdict service “Valkyrie” is formally released today!  (Read 285342 times)

Offline rogerg2

• Comodo's Hero
  • If It Is Not Broken, DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT!
I believe this new "Valkyrie" AI system kind of goes in hand with what I was mentioning in a previous post concerning the effectiveness of a group mentality with "WOT". As I believe I had stated previously, you cannot thoroughly and effectively do anything positive with a group mentality because they will all grouped together with a "lemming type" attitude, and the only way to do anything positively and/or correctly is with a AI-based solution and this Valkyrie is precisely what I was getting to.

It's implementations can be endless on what it can do and be used on.

Thank You,
Roger :-)
Windows 7 Ultimate/Asus Crosshair V Formula/AMD 8350FX 4.4xx GHz/CD 31.1 /CIS 7.0.315459.4132/Norton DNS/Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Offline Budda

• Comodo Loves me
Lets say that comodo makes a good use of what VT has to offer.

Regards,
            Valentin N

They are not using VT they are what appears to be copying.  

Edit by EricJH: removed the link to a well known image hosting site

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:43:32 PM by EricJH »

Offline rogerg2

• Comodo's Hero
  • If It Is Not Broken, DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT!
I believe this new "Valkyrie" AI system kind of goes in hand with what I was mentioning in a previous post concerning the effectiveness of a group mentality with "WOT". As I believe I had stated previously, you cannot thoroughly and effectively do anything positive with a group mentality because they will all grouped together with a "lemming type" attitude, and the only way to do anything positively and/or correctly is with a AI-based solution and this Valkyrie is precisely what I was getting to.

It's implementations can be endless on what it can do and be used on.

Thank You,
Roger :-)

Now that I have taken a moment to see what this new release really is, I believe as I had previously stated that with more work this can be implemented in so many useful and working ways.

Roger
Windows 7 Ultimate/Asus Crosshair V Formula/AMD 8350FX 4.4xx GHz/CD 31.1 /CIS 7.0.315459.4132/Norton DNS/Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Offline vv5204

• Comodo Loves me
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:57:30 PM by vv5204 »

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Boris 3

• Comodo's Hero
I'm confused. What are the differences between CAMA, CIMA, Comodo File Intelligence and File Verdict Service. Is the last a mixt fo the 3 former?

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
I would trust VT so report it as malware

I wouldn't. The first file I uploaded got a false positive!
AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50 GHz - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM - nVidia GT610 Graphics
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
CIS 7.0.317799.4142, CCE 2.5.2421

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
They are not using VT they are what appears to be copying.  

they aren't copying anything but use something that other than VT also uses. DACS is there to inform if tha process is safe or not and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Lets take AV... do all Av companies copy the first vendor because they want to deliver AV protection... no.

Regards,
            Valentin N
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:44:25 PM by EricJH »

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
I wouldn't. The first file I uploaded got a false positive!

where did you upload it? and for the record I expressed my opinion.

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
I guess V gives verdict as potential safe or malicious. I think there is a thread in the forum started by Chiron if I remember correctly where he mentioned that a service which will tell the user whether the apps/files in question are potential safe or malicious should be implemented in CIS to help the average user make decision with the popup. I think this can be implemented that way. Lets see how Comodo implements V in CIS.
Are you referring to this wish? ;)

Offline meeee2

• Comodo Member
How do the AI-engines work? I'm a bit confused by these results:

http://valkyrie.comodo.com/Result.aspx?sha1=53B95B6BF84C8C537A5996BD9C826190AF166743&&query=0&&filename=file.exe

Detector 2 says it's malware, while Detector 12 claims it's safe. The others say unknown. While there are only 2 results, which are contradictory, Valkyrie still claims that the probability of the static verdict is 90%.  :-\

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
okey :) sorry if I was rude before

I didn't take it that way. No problem. Comodo's heuristics have always been abysmal. I always turn heuristics off on my friends' computers because of the false positives. I would have thought that they would have improved it by now, but they haven't. If Valkyrie gave us a choice to disable heuristics, I would be more trusting.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
How do the AI-engines work? I'm a bit confused by these results:

http://valkyrie.comodo.com/Result.aspx?sha1=53B95B6BF84C8C537A5996BD9C826190AF166743&&query=0&&filename=file.exe

Detector 2 says it's malware, while Detector 12 claims it's safe. The others say unknown. While there are only 2 results, which are contradictory, Valkyrie still claims that the probability of the static verdict is 90%.  :-\

I want to ask as well.
How detector checks that file is safe?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek