Author Topic: ***SOLVED*** ERROR: could not read Auth user from stdin  (Read 32138 times)

Offline trench3

• Comodo Family Member
***SOLVED*** ERROR: could not read Auth user from stdin
« on: January 11, 2008, 11:30:51 PM »
I'm getting consistent connection failures - and the above line is at the bottom of the log file. If I'm reading it correctly, then my login credentials are not accepted ? I don't understand - I verified the same id and PW at the trustconnect website. Am I missing something here ?

I tried uninstall and re-install - but still no connection. My firewall shows that I'm connecting to 75.127.65.172 (https) .. but TC crashes before it can connect to a second ip address. The login prompt pops up again  - but subsequent attempts also fail.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thnx.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:13:29 PM by trench3 »

Offline trench3

• Comodo Family Member
Re: ERROR: could not read Auth user from stdin
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
Still playing with this ... no connection yet. I am using version 1.0.3 on WinXP Pro SP2. TrustConnect installed the virtual adapter "Local Area Connection 5 (TAP-Win32 Adapter V9)"- it shows as ready but unplugged.

(1) I tried right click > connect as administrator ... no success either.

(2) I went into my router and verified that VPN settings are enabled for IPSEC, PPTP, and L2TP

(3) My software firewall settings ALLOW openvpn.exe  (OUT port 443) and TrustConnect.exe (OUT ports TCP 80, 443 and UDP 53).

(3) I installed HotSpot Shield - which is also based on openvpn.exe - and it connected.

I'm stumped.

Offline wraithdu

• Comodo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 04:07:56 AM »
You can use TC with a normal OpenVPN install.  Can you try to install 2.1_RC4 from the OpenVPN website and connect with that?

You just need to put the TC config and ca.cert in OpenVPN's config directory.  Then connect from OpenVPNGUI.

I've not had a problem with OpenVPN, so this could narrow it down to either your PC or Comodo's build of OpenVPN.

Offline trench3

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 05:24:10 PM »
You can use TC with a normal OpenVPN install.  Can you try to install 2.1_RC4 from the OpenVPN website and connect with that?

You just need to put the TC config and ca.cert in OpenVPN's config directory.  Then connect from OpenVPNGUI.

Thanks wraithdu:

I installed OpenDNS 2.1_RC4 and moved the TC config and .cert files into the config directory as you suggested. Unfortunately, I continue to get AUTH_FAIL messages - not much different than when I was using the Comodo TC client.

I am starting to think my credentials are being rejected when I attempt to login to the server. I going to try to create a new Comodo TC account, and see if that works.

Offline trench3

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »
wraithdu:

I noticed on another thread that you were having similar connection problems about 10 days ago, and they corrected themself later. It may have been due to problems at the Comodo servers end.

Is there any possibility that the servers are down NOW ?

Offline wraithdu

• Comodo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
Well, not a timely response I suppose ;)

But as of RIGHT NOW, the servers are working.  I've noticed they seem to go up and down during the day.  Could be problems, could be maintenance.  There's no network status info in the account pages, so there's no way to know for sure.  That would be some nice info to have though....

Offline trench3

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »
I never could get a connection - even after creating a new login ID / Password pair. Since the servers are up, the problem is somewhere in the authentication process, or some unknown conflict on my system.

I'm going to try TC again after it comes out of beta. Thanks for your assistance wraithdu !

Offline vadim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »
Any advice would be appreciated. Thnx.

Hi.
 It seems like some issue with your login/password.
  Can you  connect to Accounts Comodo System ?
  https://accounts.comodo.com/account/login

--
Vadim Lvovskiy
Development Manager
COMODO Group Inc.

Offline trench3

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 09:19:28 PM »
Can you  connect to Accounts Comodo System ?
  https://accounts.comodo.com/account/login

Yes - which is what makes this a frustrating problem.

I discovered something on my system that might be causing the problem. My ThinkPad laptop uses IBM proprietary software called "Access Connections" to manage networking instead of XP's native software. I've discovered some VPN settings there which might be configurable for the connection to Comodo's TC servers. I'll play with it in a few days, and report my findings here.

Thanks.

Offline trench3

• Comodo Family Member
Re: ERROR: could not read Auth user from stdin [RESOLVED]
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 06:31:44 AM »
SOLVED !!

My TC connection problems were fixed after I configured VPN connection settings in IBM Access Connections.

Thanks all. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:22:12 AM by panic »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek