Privacy information

When using Trust Connect do you keep logs of IP addresses visited? If so, how long are these logs retained?

Yes, logs of all connections are kept for a period determined in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. government.

So…this log of all my ip connections I make over your vpn…how long does the US Government mandate you retain this log?

Currently, the logs are kept for 3 years.

Just out of curiosity - I keep seeing ads for VPNs that claim they don’t keep logs or only keep a minimum amount of connection information. It appears that this point is a big “selling” feature as to why you should give them money. How do they get by with this if the government requires they keep 3 years? These are allegedly US based servers so I assume they are subject to the sames rules and regulations you are.

Very interesting, I can’t see how this would be legal so think they’re telling porky pies? Please give some input staff to clarify this as this is surely what it seems.

Can always be sure that Comodo will always be transparent and tell you how it is!! :-TU

Sorry, we cannot discuss the policies of other companies. We can only say that in fact the logs are kept in any VPN system, at least for debugging purposes.
Comodo TrustConnect keeps you and your information private, secure, and out of the hands of criminals during your online session, it’s the main purpose of service.
On the other hand, we can not allow our service to be used by someone for criminal purposes. Therefore, we’re keeping logs of connections, but we will provide them solely to the proper authorities upon request in the manner prescribed by law.