New CIS Complete using TrustConnect in US, now getting EEA Updates

I am a new user of TrustConnect. I live in the US. My connection choices seemed to be one in England and two in the US. After trying the England based portal, I have now been notified of a new update from Windows entitled "Microsoft Browser Choice Screen Update for EEA Users of Windows 7 (KB976002).

I am assuming that I received this because of the ip address routing through England. I will hide the update and not install it, but will this be a regular issue with TrustConnect and connections around the globe?

That’s actually funny; not something I would have thought about that would happen.

Websites may think you are from the UK because of the IP address of the Comodo proxy server. That may be of influence on web sites.

What do you means by “That may be of influence on web sites”. I am not concerned about websites but I am concerned about what inappropriate Windows updates may run through my computer.

Just doing a search of the KB update, it appears that many people that received the update weren’t happy to have it. So if someone has automatic updates running on their computer and have connected through the Comodo proxy server by way of Europe, then they could be surprised to wake up and find something on their machine that might not belong there. Worse if uninstall is not an option.

More importantly, today I experienced not one but 2 BSOD after having my monitor drivers updated by a Comodo technician. Looking at the error code and again doing a search, it appears to trace back to Comodo. I have already had to uninstall and reinstall Comodo for non-monitor related issues. I hope that I don’t have to do it again.

[quote author=kama50 link=topic=87245.msg627902#msg627902 date=1349747428]
What do you means by “That may be of influence on web sites”. I am not concerned about websites but I am concerned about what inappropriate Windows updates may run through my computer.

Just doing a search of the KB update, it appears that many people that received the update weren't happy to have it. So if someone has automatic updates running on their computer and have connected through the Comodo proxy server by way of Europe, then they could be surprised to wake up and find something on their machine that might not belong there. Worse if uninstall is not an option.
This is the first time I see reported that using a Comodo proxy server has an effect on Windows Update. I hope that this reassures you that it has very little influence. If more updates were there because you "changed country" they would have shown up by now I think.
More importantly, today I experienced not one but 2 BSOD after having my monitor drivers updated by a Comodo technician. Looking at the error code and again doing a search, it appears to trace back to Comodo. I have already had to uninstall and reinstall Comodo for non-monitor related issues. I hope that I don't have to do it again.
It is unfortunate that updating drivers makes things worse. It happens but luckily not often. You mentioned monitor drivers. Are you sure it weren't the drivers for your graphics adapter? Monitor drivers are basically nothing but a text file telling Windows about the scope of the monitor specs.