Author Topic: Wishlist for CMS [merged topic]  (Read 54203 times)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Wishlist for CMS [merged topic]
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »
Although it would be a non-independent comparison chart, maybe Comodo could see some features wishes at http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-mobile-security#tab1 as they have released their mobile app recently as you.
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline JJKTP

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 09:23:44 PM »
Although it would be a non-independent comparison chart, maybe Comodo could see some features wishes at http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-mobile-security#tab1 as they have released their mobile app recently as you.
Woow!! That is some serious free mobile security.
Hope Comodo can better that.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 09:55:45 PM »

looks very impressive. Lets see if comodo can compare once its released
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CFW | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 10:15:15 PM »
forgive me but they definitely have a lot to do to compare and go beyond Avast.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
  • Twitter: Eljo_M
    • GooglePlus
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 04:02:34 AM »
A road-map for upcoming releases would be great  :-La
My questions and remarks will not always point to below mentioned machines!
Windows 8.1 ASUS A75DE, AMD A8 4500M, 1.9Ghz, Radeon Dual HD7640G, HDD 500GB, Ram 8GB,  CIS8.x,

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 07:42:35 AM »
forgive me but they definitely have a lot to do to compare and go beyond Avast.
John, they didn't develop the code from the beginning. The quick speed process of releasing the app was due that they acquired IT TheftAware company and got the software almost there.
It's hard and time consuming developing from the scratch and many companies decide to buy any other with a good product.
Recently, I've saw Blue Coat (of the very good K9 webprotection and parental control) being acquired by Private Equity Firm Thoma Bravo (http://www.bluecoat.com/company/press-releases/blue-coat-agrees-be-acquired-private-equity-firm-thoma-bravo and http://www.scmagazine.com/blue-coat-acquired-by-equity-firm-for-13-billion/article/218802/). Hope K9 program survives...

Back to topic (sorry), maybe Comodo can acquire the technology of some other company and speed up the process.
I'll post again with a list of features I'm collecting into Mobile Security reviews in the internet.
avast! team member

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »
I read that yes.
I tested that app last night.
I will say features comparisons to date with Comodo I prefer Comodo.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 06:35:47 PM »
Which feature you want/need most?
avast! team member

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »
The features included so far with CMS I want and do use.

Remote security would be great.

I would like to see a startup manager to compliment the app manager.

I am waiting to see what remote options will be included before I add my suggestions to the list.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:13:47 PM by John Buchanan »

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Everything in life comes to an end, exept life
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »
  • A nice feature i would like to see in this upcoming product, is a warning from CMS that you will see when you installed an app with a certain permission you do not want (because for example you just click without looking on the permissionlist or you download from unknown sources...). Or the possibility to block installation of apps with certain permissions. And review the permissions of installed apps.
  • Maybe to track activities of running apps in memory and visualize them to you.

I hope they can make a security app, that needs as less cpu power as possible to function, because the big issue of security apps for mobile platforms is that they consume battery. And there is not enough batteryjuice to compensate for the cpu extensive tasks of security apps for mobile platforms.. Smartphones are not a full pc! at least not for now.... ;)
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
the solution is simple. only run modules as needed. draws little cpu power that way.

Offline Erythnul

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
Crossposting this from my other post in the main section with my main idea, as the others have all been mentioned here before.

Now I realise this may not be possible, as not every device has been rooted (maybe something like unrevoked/z4root?) but what I would like to see (after anti-theft ;)) is a hassle-free way to root (temp-root?) for less savvy users, so they can use the security suite and its features fully without compromising their own security/risking phone problems.
Now I also realise that integrating an exploit into a security suite sounds weird, but it sounds like a good idea to me :P

Offline HarpGuy

• Comodo Family Member
  • Little is that which a Blues Harp can't improve.
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »
See my posting here:  

See here for more info

Mod edit : Obfuscated link replaced with clear text and user readable link as per forum T&C
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:21:36 PM by panic »

Offline rovali

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
Hi!

I think it would be nice if you add an option to update the virus database automatically.
It does so now, but only if I manually open the application. The updates could also be an option for scheduled tasks so it can update before scheduled virus scanning  ;)

Also I would like an option for ignoring some apps marked as dangerous. I.O.W. the app marked one of my applications as dangerous, and alerts me every day (because of the scheduled task) of it's existence. However, I don't feel like deleting the app, as it seems safe for me and it's an awesome app!  ;)

Thanks!!! And keep up the good work!

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »
I think it would be nice if you add an option to update the virus database automatically.
It does so now, but only if I manually open the application. The updates could also be an option for scheduled tasks so it can update before scheduled virus scanning 

+1 and add auto CMS update  :-TU

Also I would like an option for ignoring some apps marked as dangerous. I.O.W. the app marked one of my applications as dangerous, and alerts me every day (because of the scheduled task) of it's existence. However, I don't feel like deleting the app, as it seems safe for me and it's an awesome app! 

What is this app?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek