Author Topic: Comodo Mobile Security (CMS) v1.3.20180.7 with Traffic Monitoring is released.  (Read 46534 times)

Offline patrice58

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
No problem don't worry it was a silly misunderstanding. Welcome to the forums. :)

I do sometimes come across as a bit harsh but I am the first to admit it if I am wrong. In this case I was wrong. So I am sorry.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
The settings icon is still not showing for me tho. I have pressed my menu button but nothing happens or changes. Honest.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
The settings icon is still not showing for me tho. I have pressed my menu button but nothing happens or changes. Honest.

Hi, patrice58, do you mean you press the menu button on the ulitities page and the setting is not shown? Could you please tell me which phone are you using?

Thank you very much.

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
I know with the new version of CMS you have moved the settings menu to the main menu but I don't see it and or can't bring up that menu to me there is no differrence in the first page with the health check option as the last update (0.4). Yes when I press the menu button the settings menu is not displayed. I am using a Huawei blaze with android 2.3.5. It's unrooted.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:01:13 AM by patrice58 »

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
Are you going to include memory card scanning in CMS?

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
Are you going to include memory card scanning in CMS?

Hi, Patrice58, yes. we will include memory card scan in the further.

For the problem of setting button, we will try to find the reason. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank you.

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
The backup of data and apps is a nice feature in CMS. Would it be possible to also include the configuration of an app in the backup? That would be awesome.

:)
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
 :embarassed:
Hi, Patrice58, yes. we will include memory card scan in the further.

For the problem of setting button, we will try to find the reason. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank y

That's ok and memory card scanning would be great. Will you have s web shield or a link scanner included.

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
:embarassed:
That's ok and memory card scanning would be great. Will you have s web shield or a link scanner included.

They may be included in the further. We are now working on some other features.

Thank you very much.

Offline Magician

• Comodo Member
On your traffic monitoring screen, top right corner, Settings.
The option to disable the icon is the first setting.

Thank you for replying, unfortunately the first setting in the Traffic Settings settings is to enable or disable the Traffic Monitoring Service.  As I understand it, setting that to Off would indeed remove the icon from the status bar, but it would also turn off the traffic monitoring service itself, not quite the ideal choice.

I was hoping for a setting that removes the status bar icon but leaves the traffic monitoring service running.

The only other options available in the Traffic Settings screen is to set my billing date, my current usage, my alert limit, my daily usage limit and to reset the data. Nothing about turning off the icon.
-----------------------------------------------
There is no magic, only onions
-----------------------------------------------

Offline franky.liu

• Comodo Member
Thank you for replying, unfortunately the first setting in the Traffic Settings settings is to enable or disable the Traffic Monitoring Service.  As I understand it, setting that to Off would indeed remove the icon from the status bar, but it would also turn off the traffic monitoring service itself, not quite the ideal choice.

I was hoping for a setting that removes the status bar icon but leaves the traffic monitoring service running.

The only other options available in the Traffic Settings screen is to set my billing date, my current usage, my alert limit, my daily usage limit and to reset the data. Nothing about turning off the icon.

Hi Magician,

If you want to remove the status bar, you can open cms and switch to utilities, then tap ’Menu' button from your device and tap 'Settings' and now you are in 'Settings' page, Off the 'Show icon on Task Bar' items and you get what you want ;D

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
Hi Magician,

If you want to remove the status bar, you can open cms and switch to utilities, then tap ’Menu' button from your device and tap 'Settings' and now you are in 'Settings' page, Off the 'Show icon on Task Bar' items and you get what you want ;D

In this case, all CMS related icon will be disappeared.

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
Still only showing today's traffic. Additional bug is the total for the month is also just today's traffic. I have the month start date set to the 24th as that is when my billing month begins.

Samsung Galaxy s II
CRv6 Revo HD
Siyah kernel
GB 2.3.6

Hi, John,  can the "this month" data shows a accumulate results?  When a day passes, will the "Today" becomes zero and re-count again?
Thank you very much.

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
Hi, John,  can the "this month" data shows a accumulate results?  When a day passes, will the "Today" becomes zero and re-count again?
Thank you very much.

Yes other does.
Please note to I have traffic monitoring turned to off as I do not wish the icon displayed (security reasons).
As a follow-up test for you I will re enable it and report back.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
Yes other does.
Please note to I have traffic monitoring turned to off as I do not wish the icon displayed (security reasons).
As a follow-up test for you I will re enable it and report back.

Hi, John, I think it is a bug when the service is switched off. Actually if you swith off the service, as design the traffic monitoring will not record and data any more. I think what you really want is that traffic monitoring still records data but the traffic bar is not shown on the notification, right?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek