Author Topic: Comodo Mobile Security (CMS) v1.3.20180.7 with Traffic Monitoring is released.  (Read 46533 times)

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
Another bug: it is only showing me today's traffic.
It should also be showing me yesterday.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline patrice58

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
The settings tab or option is not shown on the main menu for me at least.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline franky.liu

• Comodo Member

The settings tab is moved to Device Menu, you'd better tap 'Menu' button from your device to use it

Offline franky.liu

• Comodo Member
Another bug: it is only showing me today's traffic.
It should also be showing me yesterday.

Hi John Buchanan,

In my phone, yesterday traffic is displayed on the Column Graph , how about you?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Magician

• Comodo Member
I am liking this new version, it is quite excellent apart from (for me) one minor issue.

Turning on the traffic monitoring turns on a status bar icon and shows near real time usage in the drop down status bar menu.  I would really appreciate a way to turn this off.

I can remove the Comodo icon from the status bar, but the Traffic Monitoring functionality adds its own icon, which cannot be removed.

-----------------------------------------------
There is no magic, only onions
-----------------------------------------------

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Hi John Buchanan,

In my phone, yesterday traffic is displayed on the Column Graph , how about you?

Still only showing today's traffic. Additional bug is the total for the month is also just today's traffic. I have the month start date set to the 24th as that is when my billing month begins.

Samsung Galaxy s II
CRv6 Revo HD
Siyah kernel
GB 2.3.6

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:12:42 AM by John Buchanan »

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
I am liking this new version, it is quite excellent apart from (for me) one minor issue.

Turning on the traffic monitoring turns on a status bar icon and shows near real time usage in the drop down status bar menu.  I would really appreciate a way to turn this off.

I can remove the Comodo icon from the status bar, but the Traffic Monitoring functionality adds its own icon, which cannot be removed.

On your traffic monitoring screen, top right corner, Settings.
The option to disable the icon is the first setting.

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
Still only showing today's traffic. Additional bug is the total for the month is also just today's traffic. I have the month start date set to the 24th as that is when my billing month begins.

Samsung Galaxy s II
CRv6 Revo HD
Siyah kernel
GB 2.3.6

CMS Starts to record your traffic after you install it and what it records will be counted as the total for the first month. Because CMS cannot get your traffic before it is installed, so the first month you may try “set currently used" to make it more accurate.

BTW, what do you mean "showing today's traffic" ?  you mean the graph in the middle does not show the yesterday traffic?

Thank you very much.

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
The settings tab is moved to Device Menu, you'd better tap 'Menu' button from your device to use it

Hmmmmm I'd better huh? I think you need to watch your manners. Even worse was the fact that you tell me like I did not think to try that myself. Anyhow like I have said before the settings menu is not there on my phone.
Huawei Blaze
Android 2.3.5.
Unrooted phone
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero

CMS Starts to record your traffic after you install it and what it records will be counted as the total for the first month. Because CMS cannot get your traffic before it is installed, so the first month you may try “set currently used" to make it more accurate.

BTW, what do you mean "showing today's traffic" ?  you mean the graph in the middle does not show the yesterday traffic?

Thank you very much.

I installed this on Friday.
It should show me, since the install, Friday Saturday Sunday and today.
I stated and mean it shows today's traffic only!
As shown in the pic I took today.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Hmmmmm I'd better huh? I think you need to watch your manners. Even worse was the fact that you tell me like I did not think to try that myself.

Please consider that the respondent may not be a native English speaker.

I'm sure there was no offense meant.

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero

The Settings menu is found by pressing your phone's menu button, of which you do have and know where it is located.

Note you did not explain your problem and the steps taken to resolve it (ie as stated in the first post by Fanny it is moved from the main menu to the phone's menu button).

Hmmmmm I'd better huh? I think you need to watch your manners. Even worse was the fact that you tell me like I did not think to try that myself. Anyhow like I have said before the settings menu is not there on my phone.
Huawei Blaze
Android 2.3.5.
Unrooted phone

Please note that you did NOT state you tried your phone's menu button so the help offered is perfectly valid.
If you felt embarrassed over not trying the obvious before posting, fine. we all may have that happen to us at one time or another.
It is, however, no reason to get rude to the members offering you help.
Remember this is a "Global" community.

I would hope that you consider this seriously and offer an apology for your remarks.

Thank you.

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
The Settings menu is found by pressing your phone's menu button, of which you do have and know where it is located.

I do know where it is and what it does yes

Note you did not explain your problem and the steps taken to resolve it (ie as stated in the first post by Fanny it is moved from the main menu to the phone's menu button)

I was well aware of that and I did try all of that BEFORE I posted on here.

Please note that you did NOT state you tried your phone's menu button so the help offered is perfectly valid.

That is not the issue was about, it was the tone of the post, a tone that this post also has IMHO.

If you felt embarrassed over not trying the obvious before posting, fine. we all may have that happen to us at one time ory another.

Nope tried all that before posting but you are right nobody is perfect.

It is, however, no reason to get rude to the members offering you help.
Remember this is a "Global" community.

Was not being rude simply pointing out I did not like the way it was written.

I would hope that you consider this seriously and offer an apology for your remarks.

I can't do that, as it is something I don't believe I am wrong about. That is taking into account the way you have worded what you have written which in my mind says I am wrong for what I wrote but what he wrote was fine. Two wrongs does not make a right.

Thank you.

Oh btw I like the way that is takes 2 admins on here to deal with this problem. Fair play to panic tho as I agree with what he said as he could be a non native english speaker. As for you. I do like the way you have tried to dig into my posts and find fault which BTW is NOT how to make people less irate and after all that ask me to say sorry. If I was in a mood to say sorry after reading what you wrote what mood do you think I would be in now? Just something for you to think about.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:10:42 PM by patrice58 »

Offline xiaofeng

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
I installed this on Friday.
It should show me, since the install, Friday Saturday Sunday and today.
I stated and mean it shows today's traffic only!
As shown in the pic I took today.

Hi, John, we got your problem. We will try to locate the bug and get back to you later.

Thank you very much.

Offline franky.liu

• Comodo Member
Huawei Blaze
Android 2.3.5.
Unrooted phone

Hi patrice58,

Sorry that my English causes this misunderstanding. I did not mean to offend and just want to tell you to try the "menu" button.
I just join in COMODO forum for a short time and I sincerely want to make friends with all you.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek