Author Topic: Comodo Mobile Security 3.0 Release  (Read 33996 times)

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Mobile Security 3.0 Release
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2018, 12:39:33 PM »
That is great news :-TU. Looking forward to the release.

Any there any future plans to add more features? Would you consider maybe adding an ad blocker (or your own CAB) to CMS?

:)

The new version will be released this Thursday (14 June 2018). There are some bug fixes, and optimizations in general (many crash issues resolved). The db will be updated to 70 with this version.
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO (Rock-n-Roll) !
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2018, 08:59:52 AM »
We are waiting for a new version of the product)  :-TU

Comodo Internet Security v10.2.0.6526

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2018, 07:04:49 AM »
The product version has not changed?

Offline fatih.orhan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »
The product version has not changed?
Hi Megaherz33

We have released the update on 14th. We started gradually for 20% of all users initially, then increased to 50%, and today performed full release for 100%. 25% of the customers are already updated, but it's kinda slow because it depends also on Google PlayStore distribution servers.

It will take some time for full release to be updated on all devices. I also have 1 device not seeing the update yet. I hope you will be able to get it tomorrow.

We should have a post on the forum for release notes as soon as we have released, but we couldn't, I'm sorry for that. The team is new to forum, they are informed to share the release notes there as well. So, next time it will be shared with all forum users on time.

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2018, 04:57:04 AM »
Hi,

Call blocking does not work.
ZTE Blade GF3 (T320)

Offline peopleinside

• Comodo's Hero
  • Passionate Security
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »
Hi, happy to see an update of the Comodo Mobile App also if I do not see any improvements on functions and interface.

- If the scan is interrupted the status will show device is secure ... seems not very serious
- All major settings are disabled by default. Will be this really a good protection for users that use default settings?
- The Comodo app is, at the moment not tested by any independent lab. I heard from Comodo that will be soon, great to know.
- During the long scan if all settings are activated user cannot navigate settings and have to stay with the app open, unable to go on settings... this sound not very good. Maybe scan should also continue if user exist from app and should be possible to navigate in other screen, also settings.

I think there still be hard work to improve the mobile app.
I am asking also if this Mobile Security are protection against Android Ransomware and also URL monitoring during navigation with all major browser should be fundamental. Some private agencies send SMS or email with a link to infect and spy mobile device. Mobile protection app should protect from his.

Offline peopleinside

• Comodo's Hero
  • Passionate Security
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »
I want add another point at what wrote before.
Virus definition not gives a real information about virus definition last update and real definition date... the app show just a number: virus definition 70
I prefer antivirus that let you know what is the date of the last database updated... has no much sense say database 70 or 71 or 72 :) on my point of view.

BitDefender free take 1 minute to do a scan, Comodo take maybe 10 minutes or more.
For now maybe I feel more protected with  McAfee Mobile Security.

McAfee Mobile Security alert with a notification about suggest default settings to activate to be safe, Comodo simply seem turn all off... all option are turned off on Comodo.
Include automated scan, Comodo doesn't do any scan by default ... i confirm previous issue posted :)

Hope this can help you to improve.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:31:08 AM by Dennis2 »

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2018, 12:41:41 AM »
Unable to download Anti-Theft

Offline mightythor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2018, 05:01:30 AM »
It seems it was more or less just a definiton update (69->70) ... not really a new version.

I would suggest:
- if there are no plans to reactivate "anti-theft" --> remove the link.
- implement "peopleinside's"suggestions

That would be a good start.
I am really happy, that the app still get updates. However, the current version seems a little bit "unfinished"

Offline mightythor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2018, 02:48:28 PM »
CMS is fully alive again! Updates on a regular basis and anti-Theft is back again! Great! I'm happy!
And: I like the unobstrusive approach of the app! It's free, it's add free and it doesn't bother you constantly with unwanted notifications! Great! Keep it that slim! :-TU

Offline lyonel

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »
Wow CMS is reborn?!!!

Ok , i DL it again on my Android's
CIS, CMS, CCAV, COHE, CB   French Translator

Offline mightythor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »
Yes!  ;D
It haven't changed much, but this is - in my eyes - a good thing. Too much stuff and too much design fluff is not helpful.
It is as it was since its release.
The important thing is: now the database is updated on a regular basis again - and all the links are valid again (i.e. anti-theft).
It does what it should do - nothing more, nothing less.
If you want more "safety" e.g. during roaming through the internet or throug networks in general you should additionally use other solutions (e.g. VPN-clients, dome shield or something like that).

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek