CMS - V 3.0 Bug Report

Hi, everyone,
We are very pleased to announce that we have launched 4 new App.

1. Mobile Security - Always-on protection against known and emerging threats.
    Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comodo.cisme.antivirus

2. Find My Phone – Anti Theft - Comodo Anti Theft allow locates lost devices and helps you keep your device and the data inside it safe and secure.
    Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comodo.mobile.comodoantitheft

3. App Lock - Protect Your Privacy with app lock.
    Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comodo.cisme.applock

4. Backup - Always be sure your data are safe.
    Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comodo.cisme.backup

We will very appreciate if you can take your time to give us the feedbacks or report us the bugs you identify on CMS. We believe that with your concerns and under our continuous efforts, CMS would gets better and better.

Standard format is not required on a bug report. However, to facilitate our developers quickly making the reported problems solved, reporting bugs with bug format as below will be appreciated.

We appreciate a lot for all your efforts to help us improving Comodo Mobile Apps

A. Application Name:

B. The bug/issue

1. What you did:
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw:
  3. What you expected to happen or see:
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened:
  5. Is it a software compatibility problem?:
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware):
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):

C. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs:
  2. System log file:
  3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.

D. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used:
  2. Mobile phone models:
  3. Adroid OS version:
  4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link)
  5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link)
  6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS:
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed:
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time:

Thanks
Murat

There is a turkish translation problem in savungan. It should hepsi or Herhangi biri. Not hiçbiri

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bug Resolved: 3.0.1.0153

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi @graham1
Could you send us screenshots? We would like identify problem.
Which Beta version are you used?
-Did you uninstall 2.7.4 version?
Thanks

Yes, will do, as soon as I can work out how to take a screenshot. Sorry, can’t remember which beta version I used at the time. Yes, un-installed both the beta and 2.7.4 prior to installing 3.0.

:slight_smile:

Hi;
Actually To take a Screenshot is not same for all devices
-Take a screenshot: Press and hold “Power+volume down button”
Thanks

Installed the new version and like the simplicity, however, on the Google Play site the description says:
“Always on” antivirus and an on-demand scanner help keep your device clear of viruses and unsafe apps. One touch scans and scheduled scans are provided as well as a system “SCAN” feature that quickly identifies viruses, unsafe apps and potentially risky settings."

The only scan I can run is a one touch scan that just scans the apps, I can find no reference to a “system” scan which I assume scans all files including the SD card?
I also cannot find any way to scan my SD card, there is a tick box in scheduled scans but it doesn’t scan the SD card as far as I can see.
After scheduling a scan I wanted to turn scheduled scans off, but there is no way to do this, you are always left with at least one scheduled scan that will not turn off, which is annoying.
Phone is a Sony Z3 android version 5.0.2

Paul

Hi Paul;
Thanks for your feedback. CMS have general settings for Sd Card Scan. You may find under settigns. BTW we will improve schedule scan as upcoming releases. So you will manage Scheduled scan looks like “clock alarm” settings. so it will me more comfortable. On the other hand When you set a scheduled scan it will be scan acording existing general settings please disable SD Card scan under settings menu.

Murat

Murat,
Thanks for the reply, however, I don’t understand what you mean!
I have SD card scan ticked in settings but the problem is it doesn’t scan the SD card. How do I get it to scan the SD card?
What is the “System Scan” that is referred to in Google Play description?

Paul

Hi;
Please open CMS General settings and Enable Sd Card Scan. Please check it
thanks

I have enabled sd card scanning but it simply doesn’t scan the sd card!
I have uninstalled and re installed but nothing changes.

Paul

Some phones it is the Power+Home buttons

Screenshot added to my original post.

Hi;
Could you send us Log information for your problem.
Please use below link to get log

Thanks

Hi;
We released New Beta version on Google Play Store. @Graham1 could you check for your device.
thanks

Thanks MuratG. Scanning is now working :-TU.

i don’[t know if here is where i should post, so, if not, please move it where it should be. thanks.

A. Application Name:
COMODO MOBILE SECURITY

B. The bug/issue
CAN’T REMOVE RISKY APP

1. What you did: I SCANNED MY ANDROID.
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: THE SCAN FOUND A RISKY APP.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: I WAS EXPECTING FOR CMS TO REMOVE THE APP, BUT IT DIDN’T, IT SAID UNINSTALL UNSUCCESSFUL.
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: -
  5. Is it a software compatibility problem?: -
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware): APP CALLED MEDIATEKDATA
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: SCAN DEVICE AND “SYSTEM NEEDS ATTENTION” MESSAGE APPEARS, IF I PRESS THE APP TO BE REMOVED, CMS STARTS TO REMOVE IT, THEN IS SAYS UNINSTALL UNSUCCESSFUL.
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): MAYBE THE DEVICE HAS TO BE ROOTED? THAT;S WHAT I UNDERSTOOD FROM HERE, ALSO OPENED BY ME:
    https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-mobile-security-cms/risky-app-t111750.0.html;new;topicseen#new

C. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs: -
  2. System log file: -
  3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version. -

D. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: 3.0.1.0153, DON’T KNOW WHERE TO FIND DATABASE VERSION IN CMS.
  2. Mobile phone models: PULID F15
  3. Adroid OS version: 4.2.1
  4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link) ORIGINAL VERSION.
  5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link) ORIGINAL VERSION.
  6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: NO, NO UPDATES.
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: NO.
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time:MANY: ESET, AVAST, AVIRA, KASPERSY MOBILE, BUT I FORMATED THE PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING COMODO.

I’m pretty unhappy - Comodo Anti Theft is totally unusable at this point and impossible to uninstall. Comodo Antivirus installed and worked perfectly (installed just before this) so I thought I would give the Anti Theft a try. Please help!

Hi,
Sorry for inconvinience. We already solved G+ Sign In problem. We are going to release version soon.

Thanks

Just installed 3.0.1.0170 :

1. Without real time even full scan does not show on main (i.e. risks remains : no scan and no real time)
  2. Battery usage on scan is way higher.

!ot!
Any chance for CMS be present on AV-TEST so one can figure if it’s sufficient for real time ?
Another question (actually it’s rather general for most Android malware detectors / AVs) :

Why safe browsing only active on ROM browser ?