Author Topic: [CMS 3.5.3500] Manual Scan Bug (RESOLVED)  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
[CMS 3.5.3500] Manual Scan Bug (RESOLVED)
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
Bug Resolved: 3.5.3503

A. Application Name: Comodo Mobile Security

B. The bug/issue Manual Scan Bug / Scanning Very Slowly

1. What you did: Ran a manual scan
2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Nothing for a while, then started scanning very slowly
3. What you expected to happen or see: Start scanning instantly and scan alot faster
4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: No
5. Is it a software compatibility problem?: No. Previous version was ok
6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware): n/a
7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Happens on each scan
8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): No

C. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs: n/a
2. System log file: n/a
3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version. n/a

D. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: 3.5.3500, 60
2. Mobile phone models: Huawei Y550-L01
3. Android OS version: 4.4.4
4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link) Original
5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link) Original
6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: Yes
7. Other security and utility software currently installed: Comodo Ad Blocker and AppBrain Ad Detector
8. Other security software previously installed at any time: No
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:47:26 PM by Graham1 »
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (x64) | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere

https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
Re: [CMS 3.5.3500] Manual Scan Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:32:13 AM »
Bump ;)

Any news on this or what might be causing this issue?

:)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (x64) | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere

Offline stuartm

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:06:35 AM »
Have you enabled cloud scan? If so disable it then scan again. Not a great fix.

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:29:13 AM »
Have you enabled cloud scan? If so disable it then scan again. Not a great fix.

Hi stuartm

Thanks for the tip :-TU. For me, that is a good workaround as I would rather have some scanning (locally) than none at all.

Offline cohbraz

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 07:38:16 AM »
I hope Comodo is working on a fix for the slow scanning issue. They were very active in this Mobile Security forum for a while, posting product updates and sorting out bugs. It has been a month or so now since they have been active in this forum, and have not acknowledged the slow scanning issue.

Hopefully we will get an answer soon.

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 06:19:58 AM »
Bump ;)

Any progress on this? What I don't understand is that it works on my tablet but not from the phone.

Offline cohbraz

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
Bump ;)

Any progress on this? What I don't understand is that it works on my tablet but not from the phone.

Agreed. It has been over 2 months now since the issue was reported. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Offline ran_golde

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 06:25:29 AM »
 !ot!

Developing a freeware by a commercial company means resources are prioritized.
Users / (beta) testers should not invest (suffer) time more than the developer is, especially if the application is not taken seriously (not on av-test anymore, taken off play and restored after long delay ...) by it's developer.

I've used to be a beta tester for this one - now I've migrated to other product(s). :'(

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
Any update on this as it's been over 5 months.

Also, now that I'm on Android 5.1, shouldn't the firewall option be available? (added in 3.4.3205)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:39:35 PM by Graham1 »

Offline cohbraz

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »
Any update on this as it's been over 5 months.

Also, now that I'm on Android 5.1, shouldn't the firewall option be available? (added in 3.4.3205)

I think the firewall option was removed from the app due to a functionality issue.

For the slow scanning when "Cloud Scan" is enabled, I do not know why there has not been a fix released yet. It has been a problem since the last release in August.

I have also noticed an option in the "Accessibility" setting menu to turn on Comodo to help stop web attacks. There is mention of it on the Comodo Mobile website, saying that "As the internet has grown on mobile, so has the sophistication of millions of hackers, scammers, phishers and thieves. Comodo Mobile Security keeps you safe online by protecting you from web-based attacks." However, I have activated the option under the Accessibility menu, but have yet to see the feature do anything. What browsers are supported? What does it protect? I have tried but been unsuccessful in getting an alert from it.

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 03:08:51 AM »
I think the firewall option was removed from the app due to a functionality issue.

I see. At the moment I'm using "NoRoot Data Firewall" (from Simple Good Mobile) which seems to do a good job.

For the slow scanning when "Cloud Scan" is enabled, I do not know why there has not been a fix released yet. It has been a problem since the last release in August.

6 months and counting...

I have also noticed an option in the "Accessibility" setting menu to turn on Comodo to help stop web attacks. There is mention of it on the Comodo Mobile website, saying that "As the internet has grown on mobile, so has the sophistication of millions of hackers, scammers, phishers and thieves. Comodo Mobile Security keeps you safe online by protecting you from web-based attacks." However, I have activated the option under the Accessibility menu, but have yet to see the feature do anything. What browsers are supported? What does it protect? I have tried but been unsuccessful in getting an alert from it.

Yes, it would be interesting to hear what this feature does. I would guess it is somehow linked to their DNS service .

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
Re: [CMS 3.5.3500] Manual Scan Bug (RESOLVED)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »
Bug resolved :-TU

Offline cohbraz

• Comodo Loves me
Re: [CMS 3.5.3500] Manual Scan Bug (RESOLVED)
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »
Yes! Finally!!!  :-TU

Now, if we could just get clarification on how that web protection is supposed to work...

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek