CMS 2.5 is released!!!

Hello everyone!

We are happy to announce that we released CMS 2.5 :slight_smile:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comodo.pimsecure

What is new:

• Tablet version: Your tablet is more secure with CMS now.
  • CMS now supports devices with x86 chipsets.

Fixed:

• Improved notification behavior, you can select if you want to be notified on every app scan or just on any Malware found
  • Various other bug fixes are performed.

We would appreciate if you can take your time to give us the feedbacks or report us the bugs you identify on CMS. We believe that with your concerns and under our continuous efforts, CMS would gets better and better.

If you find bugs please send us with below information.

1. What is your device brand name and model name?
  2. What is your device Android version and current language preference?
  3. Please provide more detail about when and how you got that error? Does it have a pattern?
  4. It would be great if you can capture screen shots regarding the error.

Thanks in advance!
Ilker

Hi Ilkers,this google play version is as always incompatible with my tablet asus…
do you update cms forum app to 2.5?? Please!!!thanks!

I don’t understand why this is listed as Today, as I updated from the Play Store 3 days ago to version 2.5.

this google play version is as incompatible with my tablet BQ Edison.

Hi!does not work adviser privacy android 4.3,4.4 writes no root and he yes

I’d really like to try the new version, but it is listed as incompatible with my device (a Samsung GT-P3113, running Android 4.2.2), so I can’t install via Google Play. Is there a direct APK download link to the new version? Thanks in advance!

Robert

Hi guys,

We are going to check out what is the problem on store distribution.

Best regards,
Ilker

Hi all,

Is CMS 2.5 safe to get for Android yet ?

I did have a copy, but it said, I need to root for the firewall. so I removed it.

Let me know thanks

Regards

Nige

still does not work on privacy adviser androd 4.3

Hi all,

Could you please try to download on your tablets again and let us know if you have any problem?

Best regards,
Ilker

Forum version still doesn’t update to 2.5. Is the DL link still: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/android/cms_android_forum.apk ?? The version that downloads is 2.4.3 which updates to 2.4.5 after install.

Eric

Hi I have not worked on android privacy advisor 4.3

Android 4.3 includes appops which you can DL from the PlyStore How to Enable and Use Android 4.3 Permissions Manager - Guiding Tech CMS’s privacy advisor isn’t as comprehensive from what I understand.

Eric

[Update] CMS is now compatible with my device! Thanks devs for increasing compatibility with the latest release! :rocks:

So I guess CMS should work with my HTC Desire 500 now ?

let me know

regards

nige

The easiest way to check is visit the PlayStore and login, look up the app and see if it indicates it compatible. Alternatively search for the app in the PlayStore from your phone and if it’s compatible, it’ll show up In the search results.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Yeah it does show, and work, However the other day, I pressed Firewall tab on my phone and it said, you need to root before you have firewall.

so that is when I removed it.

Nige

Then your device is compatible. The firewall and advanced privacy advisor features only work on rooted as with all firewalls on android. There are a few no root firewalls out there but not as effective. CMS is working as it should.

Eric Cryptid
Hi, I understand you suggest I put App Ops Starter 'cause he’s better than advisor CMS 2.5?

[at]Kolyan - Google itself has been adding more and more of what Is commonly in an antivirus to their operating system with things like Device Monitor and recently the App Ops. CMS does well at listing the permissions that apps require but unless your rooted, not much beyond that. Ap Ops, or so I read, allowed you to block an app from accessing specific data. I was merely suggesting if the one in CMS isn’t working, you could run a separate privacy advisor along side it. Hope that makes sense.

Eric