Author Topic: Bug Reports - CMS formal released versions.  (Read 87583 times)

Offline ilkers

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Bug Reports - CMS formal released versions.
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2014, 03:36:14 AM »
I believe (and in my case) that my PC holds a lot more data then smartphone, from emails to downloads, to documents to network shares etc etc..
Installing apps only from official store will avoid 99.9% of any scamware/malware problem.
The problem is when you installing aps (modified apk's) that contain who knows what. But on the other hand then you'r the one to blame !

I think it is going to change also for you in near future   I have everything including photos to bank accounts and all mails on my phone 

Installing apps from Google Play is safer then the rest but still is not the solution. Anybody can create a new app and start distribution right away over Google Play. There is not verification or control over there.

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »
John could you please write down your device brand, model and OS version with language? We would investigate it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8.
FW is stock, the attached screen shot  shows what you are requesting.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:26:58 AM by John Buchanan »
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2014, 10:27:56 PM »
It does not allow remote live video feeds. (that would kill any data plan you have available or require you to purchase it from your provider.

Offline worldwidewiretap

• Comodo Loves me
  • noagendashow.com
2.6.3 Virus scan hanging
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »
After updating to version 2.6.3, the virus scanner hangs during the point of scanning the (installed apps) section, and fails to progress past this point.  The scanner graphics continue to function as if the scanner is working as normal during this hang.  Cancelling the scan stops the scan as expected, as well as all other functions of the app are working properly after cancelling, so this is the only issue I am experiencing at this point to my knowledge.

Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Offline ilkers

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2014, 02:28:01 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for letting us know regarding the problem.

Could you please send us also below information?

1)    What is your device brand name and model name?
2)    What is your device Android version and current language preference?
3)    Please provide more detail about when and how you got that error? Does it have a pattern?
4)    It would be great if you can capture screen shots regarding the error.

Offline worldwidewiretap

• Comodo Loves me
  • noagendashow.com
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2014, 12:11:52 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for letting us know regarding the problem.

Could you please send us also below information?

1)    What is your device brand name and model name?
2)    What is your device Android version and current language preference?
3)    Please provide more detail about when and how you got that error? Does it have a pattern?
4)    It would be great if you can capture screen shots regarding the error.

1) lenovo idea tab a2107a-f

2) 4.0.3 / English / Factory installed rom / Performed root and CMS has been granted root privilege

3) The hanging event would happen when privacy advisor enabled, battery level below 30 percent, and selecting full scan in the antivirus tab.  The scan would hang early in the process every time after scanning tunein app during the (installed app scanning process). 

Interstingly, after shutting down the system last night and charging during sleep, I powered up the device this morning, leaving privacy advisor off (privacy advisor must be re-enabled after each system restart), updated the virus database to 43.106, and scan completed as expected.  I have enabled privacy advisor and retested scan, and no problems as of yet.  I will continue to monitor.

4) Should the issue reproduce, I will provide screen shots. 

Offline vicsetter

« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2014, 04:34:45 PM »
just installed CMS (ver 2.6.3) on my LG G3 running android 4.4.2.  when activating the Anti-theft setup wizard, I am unable to input the password into the password box and confirm password box. 
When i type the second character, the first character typed is replace with a dot and then 2 further dots, typing a further character give a further 3 dots.  A total of only 6 characters can be typed before the limit of 16 characters is reached.  In addition when the 6th character is typed, the first character typed is then displayed at the end of the row of dots.  Applies to whatever character is typed.

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »
Passwords entered, the characters changing to dots (or stars) is not uncommon with many apps requiring a password..
This is not a bug, therefore I would not expect it to be changed by the developers.

Offline joeyiii

« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2014, 12:47:16 AM »

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did: Backup/Restore
2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Replaced SD Card.  Copied all the files from from my PC where I backed up all the files from my original SD Card to the new SD Card (both "internal" and "external" or "sdcard0" and "external_SD" locations.  Started CMS and tried to Restore files.  Screen says there are no available backups yet the database files ARE there.  If Backup my configuration my previous backup files are overwritten (on the "internal" SD Card).
3. What you expected to happen or see: My available backups.
4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Played with it incessantly.   The same goes for each of the last two times that I bought a new phone.  I would copy my backup files to the appropriate location and Comodo would report no backups.  I also would backup Comodo and then copy (overwrite) the new files with my saved backup files and have the same thing happen.  The Backup/Restore screen would say there are no available backups.
5. Is it a software compatibility problem?: I dunno
6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware): If I understand this question correctly this behavior has occurred on all three devices and four SD Cards that I have had.  My LG Optimus P509 with rooted stock 2.2, LG P659 rooted stock 4.1.2 and now my LG Optimus L90-D415. 
7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:  Basically change phones and/or change SD Cards.  I have even tired putting an existing SD Card into the upgraded phone (the file structure on the SD Card was the same) and got the same message.
8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): None.

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs:
2. System log file:
3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: 2.4 and 2.6.3
2. Mobile phone models: LG Optimus T (P509), LG P659, LG L90(D415)
3. Android OS version: 2.2, 4.12, 4.4.2
4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link): Stock, rooted
5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link): Stock
6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: No.
7. Other security and utility software currently installed: Android Firewall many, many others
8. Other security software previously installed at any time: Whatever came stock on each. Typically it was Lookout.

Offline joeyiii

« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2014, 01:14:29 AM »

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did: Installed Comodo on rooted device, tried to enable Privacy Advisor.
2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Got the message "Comodo has been granted superuser permissions for an interactive session."  Tried to enable Privacy Advisor and got the message "Failed to enable protection. Root privileges are restricted by your android version."
3. What you expected to happen or see:
4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Reinstalled many times. On my LG P659 (rooted stock 4.2.1) it works fine.
5. Is it a software compatibility problem?:Dunno
6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware): Lots
7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs:
2. System log file: Attached
3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: 2.6.3 43.106
2. Mobile phone models: LG L90 (D415)
3. Adroid OS version: rooted stock 4.4.2
4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link): Stock
5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link): Stock
6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: No
7. Other security and utility software currently installed: Android Firewall +( have also uninstalled this as a test)
8. Other security software previously installed at any time: Lookout (long since removed)

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2015, 03:47:49 PM »
Just updated via Play Store the latest version of CMS.
In attempting to run it, slowed down my phone, and the opening screen was blank which is where the app stayed.
Note, a reboot made no difference. CMS was eventually granted SU access (like 5 minutes after a reboot).
Could not disengage Device Administrator to uninstall it. I was forced to use a third party app to remove it from my phone. (No, I am not listing which app I used to uninstall a secured app from my phone).
This has never happened on my phone before.
The attached screen shot shows my phone firmware and model.
This app,  sadly, will remain uninstalled until such time as this issue is proven resolved.

Offline MuratG

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2015, 11:10:58 AM »
hi;
The bug your reported has been documented.  We are currently analyzing it and a fix will be included in upcoming releases.  Please feel free to try our latest version and see if it has the same issue. We would be glad if you try and let us know the result.

Murat

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
[at]MuratG
No change. The issue(s) still persist

Offline RealNature

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Nothing without God
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2015, 05:59:46 AM »
Well I too experienced heavy ram usage 75Mgb idle. And when I run a Health Scan says that the av database is out of date, even though the av is up to date.

Offline MuratG

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2015, 10:53:29 AM »
Hi Guys;
We are going to create a new Beta User Group. What is benefit for new Beta User Group;

1)Beta version will be OTA update through Google Play. (you don't need to click to download link and install it. We will release beta version trough Google Play at Beta Release)
2)Save time and minimize the Beta Release Process (just join our New Beta User group then everything we handle it. You enjoy with new Beta version)
3)The betas offer a number of new and some unique features Beta users has first priorty to get and experience it.

How To Become a new Beta User
Please click below link then send us "Join Request" our Beta User group.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115631336019392398304

Thanks
Murat

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek