Author Topic: Bug Reports - CMS formal released versions.  (Read 88204 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Bug Reports - CMS formal released versions.
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2014, 12:11:53 PM »
Hi all!! tell me who is the same? I got in touch recorded one person after his call or just before ringing out the window stating that the contact is not known and need to send it to the black list bug that I understand.
When will correct this error?
I am afraid I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. For what reason did you try to contact Comodo? Did you find a virus?

Offline Kolyan

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2014, 04:40:01 AM »
I am afraid I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. For what reason did you try to contact Comodo? Did you find a virus?
I have one person in contact when he calls to reset the call goes out the window to put it in black spisak

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »
[at] Kolyan,
You need to start structuring your posts. These run-on sentences are making it very difficult to understand what you are asking.
Please try again, politely. Thank you.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline Kolyan

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2014, 03:29:20 AM »
Джон Бьюкенен
Hi just a translator I am writing.
Here comes the window for one person

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2014, 10:16:12 AM »
[at]Kolyan,

this popup box happens when you miss a call. (I love this feature). If you miss a call, you are given the option to block the displayed number for all future calls.

It appears CMS doesn't access the Contacts list, so it displays "unknown".

But, a work-around is to go into CMS, Call/SMS Blocking, and add this number to your whitelist.

You should not be prompted again when this number calls you.

I hope this helps you.

Offline Kolyan

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
[at]Kolyan,

this popup box happens when you miss a call. (I love this feature). If you miss a call, you are given the option to block the displayed number for all future calls.

It appears CMS doesn't access the Contacts list, so it displays "unknown".

But, a work-around is to go into CMS, Call/SMS Blocking, and add this number to your whitelist.

You should not be prompted again when this number calls you.

I hope this helps you.
it helped me but I think it is a glitch because only one contact that happens

Offline cracing

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2014, 04:51:48 AM »
Hello there,

I have just now joined the forum here but been using Comodo softwares past many years (Computer as well as Mobile).

Recently I'm facing problem with latest CMS, that is "This app is incompatible with all of your devices." when I try to install from playstore.  :o

I have HTC Sensation 4G which has Kitkat and ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 which has Jellybean. Same error on both devices. I don't care about the tablet though but wanted to have CMS on my mobile phone.  :( My bro has Sony Xperia M which has Jellybean too but CMS supports it and installs fine.

Sorry if this isn't the topic to post such issue. Otherwise I will send email to support address. let me know.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »
It has to do with your screen size.
Please DL from these Forums and install onto your phone.

Offline cracing

« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »
It has to do with your screen size.
Please DL from these Forums and install onto your phone.

Oh I see. Will this be fixed on next releases? cms used to work before, now it suddenly stopped.

Btw; I couldn't find any direct link to apk. Only links to playstore.

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2014, 05:14:24 PM »
[at]Cracing

Use this link for CMS 2.4.3
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/android/cms_android_forum.apk

QUOTE from Ilker:

We need to keep the resolution over a threshold to have the proper graphics and user experience. Also, most of the new phones comes with even bigger screens and resolutions. I would like to have everybody on board but if you consider resource efficiency, no plan to lower it now.

Best regards,
Ilker
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:36:34 AM by ilkers »

Offline cracing

« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2014, 12:35:12 AM »
[at]Cracing

Use this link for CMS 2.4.3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t9kc2lwqkl9jl0/com.comodo.pimsecure-1.apk

QUOTE from Ilker:

We need to keep the resolution over a threshold to have the proper graphics and user experience. Also, most of the new phones comes with even bigger screens and resolutions. I would like to have everybody on board but if you consider resource efficiency, no plan to lower it now.

Best regards,
Ilker

Being a developer in Xda dev, I feel surprise to know an app that doesn't support because of screen size and resolutions. Atleast in android, screens and resolutions wasn't an issue for app.

The Sony Xperia M that comes with 4" display with 480 x 854 pixels and that is supported by CMS but my Sensation which has 4.3" display with 540 x 960 pixels, doesn't. Screen and resolutions issue doesn't make sense here.

Not all new phones come with 5"+ inch display. Their are plenty of others from HTC Desire lines, Sony, Samsung and etc that comes with 4, 4.3 and 4.5 inch display. As far as pixels, they are near same as mentioned above.

And btw; this is a security software, why should it care about resolutions? It isn't a game nor graphic designing app.

I have tested the apk you provided (thanks for that) and it works fine. So its just with google playstore settings for supported devices.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Offline John Buchanan

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2014, 09:52:11 AM »
I have verified 2 issues with the latest release (at least on my phone.)

1. The firewall is not blocking. (The one app I block with the firewall is getting Internet access)
2. The rescan bug is still on here. (Mine performed a Rescan last night.)

My system
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100M.
Firmware: NeatRom Lite 5.8 (the latest Jelly Bean firmware)

Edit, Feb 25th

I have had no choice but to uninstall CMS. It makes no sense using resources with the two above mentioned bugs.
Bug #2 is extremely annoying, bug #1 is the same as having CMS uninstalled, so I did.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:02:27 PM by John Buchanan »

Offline ilkers

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:21 AM »
Hello,

Google Play does not let you download the app since your device is tablet (http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_transformer_prime_tf201-4322.php). We are working on tablet support and It will support your device when ready. For now, you can use the direct link as John mentioned.

I agree with you on the main purpose but keep in mind that we are not expecting HD screen either. There has to be a line to show a neat UI to users. Right now, we support not all but very high percentage of smartphones with current design. We would look more to see if we can make any improvement on that.

Best regards,
Ilker
Being a developer in Xda dev, I feel surprise to know an app that doesn't support because of screen size and resolutions. Atleast in android, screens and resolutions wasn't an issue for app.

The Sony Xperia M that comes with 4" display with 480 x 854 pixels and that is supported by CMS but my Sensation which has 4.3" display with 540 x 960 pixels, doesn't. Screen and resolutions issue doesn't make sense here.

Not all new phones come with 5"+ inch display. Their are plenty of others from HTC Desire lines, Sony, Samsung and etc that comes with 4, 4.3 and 4.5 inch display. As far as pixels, they are near same as mentioned above.

And btw; this is a security software, why should it care about resolutions? It isn't a game nor graphic designing app.

I have tested the apk you provided (thanks for that) and it works fine. So its just with google playstore settings for supported devices.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Offline cracing

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2014, 12:52:08 AM »
Hello,

Google Play does not let you download the app since your device is tablet (http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_transformer_prime_tf201-4322.php). We are working on tablet support and It will support your device when ready. For now, you can use the direct link as John mentioned.

I agree with you on the main purpose but keep in mind that we are not expecting HD screen either. There has to be a line to show a neat UI to users. Right now, we support not all but very high percentage of smartphones with current design. We would look more to see if we can make any improvement on that.

Best regards,
Ilker
Hello,

Sorry, I think you have misunderstood. I was not looking for the CMS to work on tablet. Would be nice if it works but I don't want it though. All I want is for my HTC Sensation and I'm getting app incompatible error in playstore. The apk provided works fine though.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Offline Blake575

• Comodo Member
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:59 AM »
Hi there guys! I just recently installed CMS on my new Moto G (Running Android 4.4.2) and the UI seems to be laggy compared to other AV solutions available in the Play Store. The Moto G's chipset is a pretty capable one (Snapdragon 400) so I really don't see the reason on why it should be lagging on a devices like this especially since it's running KitKat which is supposed to make things run a little more smoother than before.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek