Bug Reports - CMS formal released versions.

Hi, everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that we have launched our CMS at Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.comodo.pimsecure&feature=search_result.

We will very appreciate if you can take your time to give us the feedbacks or report us the bugs you identify on CMS. We believe that with your concerns and under our continuous efforts, CMS would gets better and better.

Standard format is not required on a bug report. However, to facilitate our developers quickly making the reported problems solved, reporting bugs with bug format as below will be appreciated.

We appreciate a lot for all your efforts to help us improving CMS.

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did:
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw:
  3. What you expected to happen or see:
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened:
  5. Is it a software compatibility problem?:
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware):
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs:
  2. System log file:
  3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used:
  2. Mobile phone models:
  3. Adroid OS version:
  4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link)
  5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link)
  6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS:
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed:
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time:

Thanks.

Fanny

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did: Cleaning the RAM memory through the Tasks Manager.
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: CMS shutdown.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: CMS will be still alive after cleaning the RAM memory.
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: none
  5. Is it a software compatibility problem?: don’t know.
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware):
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):

1. Screenshots of UI bugs:
  2. System log file:
  3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: latest, V3.0
  2. Mobile phone models: Samsung galaxy s2, I9100.
  3. Adroid OS version: 2.3.5
  4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link): Original OS.
  5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link) Original ROM.
  6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: No.
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: none.
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time: NetQin security, AVG free, Lookout security.

Using the automatic RAM cleaner tends to remove a lot of necessary files. My system crashed after such a cleaning and this was before CMS was installed.
This then would be an issue not of Comodo but rather the developers of the task manager app.

So why netqin and avg does not get shuted down?

I didn’t write the task manager software. you would have to ask its developers that question.

Not really a bug but more a minor wording issue.

Under “Settings”, instead of “Check the updates” and “Automatically check the updates”, replace with “Check for updates” and “Automatically check for updates”.

:slight_smile:

Hi, Liron,

Thank you for providing the info. We are now working on it.

Hi, Graham1, Thank you for your feedback.

If apps auto restart they need to be frozen (locked) or the app killer account for this and re kill upon either restart of the app (uses resources) or when an event takes place (lock screen opened or screen blanks out as examples)

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did: updating apps or installing software
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: see att. pop-up “CMS is stopped”
  3. What you expected to happen or see: CMS scaning the installed software
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: clicked “ok” dont know if CMS works correct after this.
  5. Is it a software compatibility problem?: ?
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware): every software and update
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Yes, just update an app or instal software
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): ?

1. Screenshots of UI bugs: yes
  2. System log file: how do I get this?

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: v4
  2. Mobile phone models: Asus tablet 101
  3. Adroid OS version: 4.0.3
  4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link) asus internal update
  5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link) asus original
  6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: yes
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: none
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time: none

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, Eljo, this bug is related to the compatibility between android 2.3 and 4.0. It has been fixed in our new release (1.2.17725.3), please try it and let us know if any problem.

Thank you very much.

Can’t download the version it’s not in the market. “CMS is not for your device”

Please check if the unknown app installation permission is turned on. It should be on in order to install non-market app.

settings->applications->unknown source.

That I know but, this is a market app. and the market tells me the software is not for my tablet???

Hi, Eljo, if you turn on the setting, will you still have the problem?

Since the version has not been released to Android Market, offically it is not a market app yet. :slight_smile:

But it will soon be.

After changing the setting still not compatible in Marked. m.comodo.com

went to the forum link and installed
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/android/cms_android.apk

hope this is the sollution.

I’ve got problem with SIM Change Alerts function. When I reboot my device (LG P500, official android 2.3.3 V20e, root) it sends the SMS to my buddy’s phone, but I didn’t change SIM card. Why?

Hi, ptizin, did you re-insert the SIM card when you got this problem ?
Can you please try this on our latest version? you can either update it from “settings” or re-install it from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.comodo.pimsecure.

Please let me know if the problem still exists.
Thank you very much.

Hi! I didn’t re-inset card when I got this problem. Yesterday I’ve installed new version from market and then I got 2 SMS sent on device reboot. Guess it shouldn’t work like this.

Hi, ptizin, sorry for the inconvenience. We will try to locate the problem and get back to you asap.