2.7 Beta version is available!

Hello everyone!

We would like to ask you to test our new beta version.

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/android/cms_android_forum.apk

In addition to version 2.6 updates, on this Beta

We added device admin removal password protection. So, nobody would be able to remove it from device admin (so, can delete application) without knowing the anti-theft password.

We fixed the bug related phone remaining slient after call blocking and some other minor bugs.

Please be careful about this version. Device admin removal protection will be on by default on this version. If you don’t remember your anti-theft password, you may not be able to remove the CMS from your phone. We are going to make it optional on public version.

We would appreciate if you can take your time to give us the feedbacks or report us the bugs you identify on CMS. We believe that with your concerns and under our continuous efforts, CMS would gets better and better.

If you find bugs please send us with below information.

1. What is your device brand name and model name?
  2. What is your device Android version and current language preference?
  3. Please provide more detail about when and how you got that error? Does it have a pattern?
  4. It would be great if you can capture screen shots regarding the error.

Thanks in advance!
Ilker

Thanks will try it later not sure why but my tablet never updated to 2.6

Possibly because I do not use it for long enough :slight_smile:

Dennis

Installed it appears the link is still supplying the 2.5 version not the 2.7 version.

ya it’s 2.5 :o

Bug report, soon.

Thanks for confirming :slight_smile:

PM sent yesterday aswell as posting, most probably will have to wait till Monday.

Dennis

Awaiting the update

I’m currently using CMS 2.6.2 and even though my phone (Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4) is rooted the Privacy Advisor says “Failed to enable protection. Root privileges are restricted by your android version.” Why is this? The firewall works and requests Root access by SuperSU correctly but Privacy Advisor doesn’t. Is this fixed in CMS 2.7?

1) What is your device brand name and model name?

• Overmax OV-Vertis Aim
    2) What is your device Android version and current language preference?
  • 4.2.2, Polish
    3) Please provide more detail about when and how you got that error? Does it have a pattern?
  • This is a mistake. COMODO Firewall allows to detect an Internet connection, which have blocked access to the Internet. How to? No internet in the application is not advertising, but with Internet connectivity appears in m ad place black section. This means that applications, which has been blocked from connecting to the Internet, and so detect your Internet connection.
    4) It would be great if you can capture screen shots regarding the error.
  • Yeah :smiley: :

Hi!

Blocking calls and SMS corrected? In version 2.6.2 it did not work.

When I fix it?

Hi!

Сan already download version 2.7. Beta?

Please reply.

Hi all,

sorry for confusion, it should be ok now. Could you please try again?

Device admin removal password protection not asking for password, possible I have disable something it needs or as it is a Samsung tablet the option is not available.

Apart from that working fine :slight_smile:

Dennis

Nokia XL

Android 4.1.2, Russian

3) Please provide more detail about when and how you got that error? Does it have a pattern?
Does not block incoming calls and SMS. Turns off the sound in the phone
“Privacy Advisor” asks root rights
Firewall requires root rights

Can you add in tablet mode not only the landscape, but also a portrait layout? I’m very uncomfortable on the tablet ASUS Fonepad 7 in landscape mode! Want to Auto-rotate screen on the tablet.

Samsung Galaxy Tablet 3 Model No GT-P5210

Android 4.2.2 English

Open application said database was available do you want to download click yes, on finishing download it said the application had to close.

On opening again did Health check device Admin was set at no.

I have updated previously without problems.

Hi Advisor privacy does not work on Android 4.3, 4.4.2 writes that there is no route although it is because the Firewall it takes

I’n using Android 5 Lollipop witch has a battery percentage and battery saver feature. Would you consider removing the link of CBS as long as it’s no longer updated?
thx

Hi!

It is planned to release a version CMS for Windows Phone?