Plugins

New to IceDragon and trying to find some compatible plugins. Mainly Windows Media Player and Shockwave Flash.

Hi and welcome Karmageddon,
IceDragon is compatible with most plugins suitable for Firefox, examples below.
Flash Plugin
Windows Media Player plugin

I actually already have those specific plugins installed and CD is using both of them. But CID will not recognize them.
I did uninstall the WMP plugin and reinstalled it to see if that would work, but it did not.

Hi Karmageddon,
Have you any extensions that could be blocking/conflicting with the plug-ins?
Try CID in safe mode which disables extensions but not your plug-ins.
Hold the Shift key while opening CID for safe mode.

Ctrl+Shift+A plug-ins.
Do any plug-ins show and just not functional or are they totally not recognized?

Check Flash

Running in safe mode it still isn’t recognizing the WMP plugin but it is showing the Flash plugin.

Hi,
There are some plugins that install themselves in the Firefox install directory. These ones aren’t supported currently. WMP is one of them. We will make them compatible in the upcoming IceDragon versions.
Thank you.

Sorry for my incorrect example from my earlier post.

I confirm that the plugin does not work for WMP in IceDragon 17.

Windows Media Player plugin does work with IceDragon, unfortunately the installer only installs into Firefox directory, there are two ways around this:-

1. Install Firefox, then install plugin, then copy Plugins folder into IceDragon folder.

2. Extract the WMP plugin installer, copy the Plugins folder into IceDragon folder. This is what I have done, and it works fine :slight_smile:

The path should look something like this ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\IceDragon\Plugins’ , and the plug in ‘np-mswmp.dll’ should be inside the Plugins folder, hope this is clear enough :slight_smile:

I will attach the current WMP plugin to this post, just unpack ZIP file into IceDragon folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\IceDragon'.

Edit: Use this link to test plugin is working :slight_smile:

http://hg.mozilla.org/qa/litmus-data/raw-file/tip/firefox/plugins/mediaplayer.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

What are these tatsy with tambourines. I generally IceDragon portable. If you do does it need to think over and run in all.