Author Topic: Login Pro not working on various computers  (Read 17060 times)

Offline iTony888

• Comodo Member
Re: Login Pro not working on various computers
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »
At my house all PC's are on the same router.
1 Desktop Win8 Pro 64bit Ethernet connection.
1 Laptop WinVista 32bit Wireless connection.
1 Laptop Win7 64bit Wireless connection.

At the office all the computer is on the same router.
2 Desktops Win7 64bit wireless connection.
2 Laptops Win7 64bit wireless connection.

I am not trying to access office PC's from home or home PC's from office because I already tried that and it did not work.

Using Ethernet or Wireless doesn't make a difference.
As far as personal settings and other software's I keep them all the same on all computers including all drivers having latest updates. But nothing that has to do with networking.

All PC's work and home uses Comodo CIS. The ones at home uses Pro and the ones at the office uses free.

The only real difference between office and home is the router. At the office I was using AT&T DSL wireless router that they provided me with. At home I have the AT&T Optic Fiber with the upgrade wireless router that of the DSL one.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »
Unless somebody has a new insight mine have run empty. All I can now advice is to make a bug report. :-\

Offline iTony888

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
I am right there with you. I have tried everything that I knew even with the help of GeekBuddy logged in and helping me but still nothing. Beats the crap out of me what could be stopping the PC's from connecting to each other and I bet that it is something simple. lol

I've been trying to get Login Pro to work ever since it was first released to the public but no luck.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »
I sent Shane a pm pointing to this topic. Hopefully he will come and take a look after the weekend.

Offline iTony888

• Comodo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
Ok thanks.

Offline Andcza

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 10:25:19 AM »
Hi,

I can confirm that LoginPro v1.5 dosen't work. I tried almost every thing and nothing. I can't login to remote PC  :(

So I'm waiting for Comodo to resolv the problem.

Best Regrads,
Andrzej

Offline yorlik_too

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »
ditto for me.  I had SOME computers remote desktop working on Unite but since it will not see network drives, I moved on to this loginPro - it sees all 5 computers at both network locations but fails to 'remote login' to any from any.  firwalls off, etc.  help

Offline yorlik_too

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »
I fiddled and fiddled and blew the house down....  no, wrong story...

I fiddled and fiddled and now have it sorta or maybe 'fully' working.  Shame Comodo geeks don't know how to do it....

In my process of elimination, I found on both win7 & win8 firewall 'let a program run' had 4-5 loginpro programs listed (I think 1 for the exe prog, 1 for opening TCP ports, one for opening UDP ports, and a couple others just cuz they could.  anyway, i allowed both priv and public access - didnt seem to fix anything, but then I found there is a third one:  DOMAIN that you can only click allow on in windows services.  I did that for all 4-5 of these and presto (I think) that is what got me remote desktops between all 5 of my computers (on 2 different intranets across town. 

interesting that loginpro automatically MAPS ALL LOCAL AND NETWORK DRIVES AND SHOWS THEM under 'other' in my computer list....  not bad.  sorta would be nice if they hired a nice Indian manual writer to write some of this stuff up tho....  sure seems like a lot of us would appreciate it to make it work.

hope this helps, and yes, I will cross post this as there are way too many people struggling to make this work and the geeks havent a clue it seems.  enjoy.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek