Commands being blocked in my Defense and Events and why?

I don’t know where to post so will start here. I have just recently noticed something new happening in my defense log and is being blocked.

I have AVG with the command avgcsrvx.exe being blocked and even weirder yet in from Comodo itself. The command is behind the Firewall and says cfplogvw.exe. It appears this is happening when my AVG is doing its nightly virus scan and Comodo is doing a scan as well mid morning.

Could anyone tell me what to do about this or if it is just going to be left that way?

Scrapshe

Welcome. :slight_smile:

So you are running two real-time AVs at the same time? Most will tell you, that’s not recommended.

I am not quite sure what you mean. I have AVG for viruses and Comodo for spyware, etc. I do not run these scans at the same time. AVG occurs in the night and Comodo runs around lunch time. I didn’t feel I had enough protection with AVG for spyware and malware so it was suggested to me to use Comodo for that.

Am I doing something wrong by having both softwares?

Scrapshe

Normally they both have realtime scanners, so they could be interacting with each other…

Could it be that AVG’s update is blocked ?

Xan

CAVS and AVG both have real time protection. From the quote above, it appears you have AVG and COMODO both installed, but are both real time scanners running simultaneously? It can cause conflicts like you described early.

By the way, COMODO AntiVirus-Spyware (CAVS) covers all malware (viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, etc., etc.)