CESM service will not start

Every time I try to start the CESM service it gets about half way to starting and then stops.

I’ve tried restarting the services it depends on but to no avail.

I’m using Win Server 2003 SP 2.

Any help is appreciated.

In the event viewer I see the following errors:

License error [ConfigurationErrorsException]: Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the ‘system.net/defaultProxy’ configuration section.

and

Service failed to start: Cannot start listening for incomming connection. Address/port: 0.0.0.0:9901.

System.AggregateException: Cannot start listening for incomming connection. Address/port: 0.0.0.0:9901 —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket…ctor(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener…ctor(IPAddress localaddr, Int32 port)
at CRM.SrvCore.Transport.TransportSocketConnection.Listen()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at CRM.SrvCore.Transport.TransportSocketConnection.Listen()
at CRM.SrvCore.Transport.TransportRouter.ListenSocketConnection(Int32 port)
at CRM.SrvCore.Transport.TransportRouter.Listen(UInt32 connectionsCount, UInt16 socketPort)
at CRM.SrvCore.SubSystemCatalog.StartTransport(UInt32 connectionCount, UInt16 socketPort)
at Esm.Server.Facade.ServerHost.StartAgentTransport()
at Esm.Server.Facade.ServerHost.DoStart()
at Esm.Server.Facade.ServerHost.Start(String[] args)
—> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket…ctor(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType)
at CRM.SrvCore.Transport.TransportSocketConnection.Listen()<—

—> (Inner Exception #1) System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used
at CRM.SrvCore.Transport.TransportSocketConnection.Listen()<—

Please open CESM Configuration tool, try to change temporary the agent port and click apply and ok and try to start again the ESM service. Please check if the 9901 port is already in use.
Check if the dns and ips in the server network address are the server’s correct information. Change again the port if it’s not already in use to 9901 and click ok and try to start the service.