Author Topic: COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA Bug Reports  (Read 73464 times)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
guys thanks for helping
but it refused even to shield the drive windows installed on
hope I have other option or some hidden ways to get the shield

DiskShield builds its cache file on disk and therefore must have sufficient room to create the cache file.

How much free space is available on the drive that DiskShield is installed on (regardless of what disk you are trying to shield)?

Are your drives configured as dynamic disks?

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline SUPERIOR

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »
thanks panic for your explaining I've at least 2 GB free of 10GB (one of my drives)
as to second question, I didn't get you sorry, what you mean by saying this (configured as dynamic disks)

Offline Budda

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 12:45:22 AM »
Windows Xp SP3
Intel Duo 1.9 Ghz
CIS Beta 3.8.........

Startup slowdown.  It takes me usually 4-6 to boot up.  With CDS it takes me 14-17 min to boot up.  Lags too long for me compared to other deep freeze software ive seen.

Offline inhahe

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:24 AM »
Please post bug reports for COMODO DiskShield 1.0.51539.35 BETA here. If a bug from a previous version still occur, just post a link to it.

Please include the following (if possible):
1. Operating System (and service pack version)
2. CPU (32-bit or 64-bit)
3. Real-time security applications
4. Description about the bug (how it occurs, is it possible to recreate etc.)
5. If you have encountered a BSoD, please attach the minidump-file together with your bug report

Thanks, Al

This is not just a bug report.  Diskshield has screwed up my Vista installation beyond my ability to repair it.  I'm very unhappy.  If I have to reinstall Vista, it'll take me a week to get things back to the way they are now.

1. Vista x64 SP1
2. 64-bit
3. Windows Defender, Avast Antivirus

I installed it and suddenly I had no write access to any of my drives.  The configuration utility says it's not working correctly and that protection is disabled for each of my three drives.  As soon as I installed it, I got a Windows error saying that Windows Defender could not access its history or something.  When I reboot Windows, I get an error saying that Windows Defender could not start because it could not write to some file.  I suppose this is the reason I can't connect to the internet either.  No other program can write to file either.   I tried exiting Diskshield.  I tried unchecking start with Windows.  Neither helped.  I tried uninstalling DiskShield, and of course, that doesn't work because it can't write to the drive in order to uninstall itself.  I tried stopping the service.  That didn't help.  I tried doing System Restore to a point prior to installing Comodo Diskshield.  That didn't work.  So now I'm stuck.  Please help me.  I know this is beta, but I didn't expect that to imply it might ruin my Windows installation.  I think you're obligated to give me some technical support here.  Thanks.

Offline Matty_R

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • How long is a piece of string?
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 07:20:49 AM »
Have you tried booting into "Safe Mode" and getting rid. Also in the RUN box type in sevices.msc and look for anything related to Diskshield and set to Disabled.
A couple of computers :P

Offline inhahe

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »
Have you tried booting into "Safe Mode" and getting rid. Also in the RUN box type in sevices.msc and look for anything related to Diskshield and set to Disabled.

well, it's no longer installed since i did a system restore, but the problem still persists.   and the 'comodo diskshield' is no longer a service listed in services.msc.

Offline inhahe

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »

I tried reinstalling diskshield, then booting in safemood and uninstalling.  but i couldn't uninstall it; a message popped up saying the windows installer could not be accessed.  then i rebooted again and 'programs and features' is no longer an option in Settings.  btw, i was wrong about categorically not being able to write to the drives. i did a simple echo > blah.txt and it worked.  but my windows is still broken nonetheless.

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »
try fixing the important files, you might need your windows cd. start -> run -> cmd -> type "sfc /scannow" just like it is without the quotes. It will try to repair the windows files.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline inhahe

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
try fixing the important files, you might need your windows cd. start -> run -> cmd -> type "sfc /scannow" just like it is without the quotes. It will try to repair the windows files.

I found out I can connect to the internet.  I just had to click and scan networks and re-save the connection for some reason.  I thought the problem was windows defender, but it's not.  as far i know right now, windows defender is the only thing that's broken.  so i'm not so angry now:p

Offline inhahe

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »
'programs and features' is still missing, though, meaning I can't uninstall anything.  and i tried downloading and reinstalling Windows Installer, but it says 'not enough storage is available to process this command', even though i have 12 Gb free.

i did run sfc /scannow

Offline inhahe

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »
'programs and features' is still missing, though, meaning I can't uninstall anything.  and i tried downloading and reinstalling Windows Installer, but it says 'not enough storage is available to process this command', even though i have 12 Gb free.

i did run sfc /scannow

from looking through forums on the web, it seems my system got compromised by a trojan, and it may have been by something other than diskshield which i ran, so i'll stop bugging you guys.  guess i may have to reinstall vista.

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 12:08:16 AM »
try running malwarebytes and superantispyware, they might find leftover stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek