Google Chrome Doesn't Work When Comodo Antivirus Mode is On Access

Google Chrome doesn’t work when Comodo Antivirus mode is on access. When on access mode, Chrome opens but when I tried to open a web site it doesn’t load. But it loads suddenly when I change Comodo’s mode to disable. So definetly it happens because of Comodo Antivirus for Mac.

I use Mac OS X Lion and latest version of Chrome.

Comodo Antivirus for MAC when set to on access does not stop chrome from loading webpages on my MAC, but I am running snow leopard 10.6.8, MAC OS X Lion is quite a new operating system so it may take a while for Comodo to get all of the bugs out of Comodo Antivirus for MAC. Try uninstalling Comodo then reinstall it again.

Hi postacinedim,

Thanks for your information.

We have located and fixed the bug.

The problem will disappear in the new release version.

Thanks for fix, I am happy to help. :slight_smile:

I have just started using Comodo AV and I have noticed that Chrome is taking longer to load, I turn the Comodo off and Chrome speeds back up
I am running Lion 10.7.2
Chrome 16.0.912.41 beta
Comodo for Mac 1.1.214829.106

Did you have the problem mentioned here before the update?

No, I have actually tested this and if I have the Comodo in Stateful or On Access, Chrome take forever to load, Disable the Comodo and Chrome is as fast as normal.

I also checked for an update of Comodo and it is the most recent version.

boyd from comodo said the problem would be fixed in the new release version but it hasnt been released yet that im aware of

I am still seeing this problem in the latest release of CAVM.

If I use Chrome and have Comodo on any Security Level other than “Disabled”, I am seeing massive slowdowns. Firefox is not affected by this. As soon as I turn Comodo to disabled, my speed returns to normal. I have included links to speedtest results below.

Chrome with CAVM active: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1965697129.png
Firefox with CAVM active: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1965692396.png
Chrome with CAVM disabled: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1965731014.png

I am using Mac OSX 10.7.4 and Chrome v20.0.1132.11 beta with CAVM v1.1.214829106.

I have OSX 10.7.5 and last version of Comodo AV. Chrome is really too slow. I noticed that the process of Chrome and much larger than normal. Other browsers are not affected by the problem.

Bye Bye

seems that i’m not the only one with this problem. using Chrome right now with CAVM disable and Chrome is working as expected. a while ago it wasn’t when CAVM is enabled.

this bug definitely has not been fixed yet.

Just to confirm the problem still persists with Chrome Version 24.0.1312.45 beta and Comodo Antivirus 1.1.214829.106

Chrome slows down to a crawl and even after a few hours only a few tabs/pages load. Scrolling up/down any page is random. If I disable Comodo Antivirus it immediately starts working.

Btw. it would be very nice if the about screen of comodo would allow me to copy/paste the text i.e. the version number (I had to type it in this thread instead of copy/paste)

Just built a new MBPro w/10.8.2. Decided to try CAVM after hearing some good things at work. With CAVM enabled (stateful or on-access) Chrome is unusably slow. No video playback, noticeably slower page loads. I don’t see how this is a viable tool as-is.