Filesystem filter driver not loaded

Hello everyone!
I’m completely new to Linux, having just moved from Windows XP yesterday. :slight_smile:
For reference, I am running 32-bit Fedora 20 with 990.6 MiB memory, an Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz processor, GNOME version 3.10.2 and a 115.7 GB hard disk.

I installed CAVL but the status panel at the side says, “Filesystem filter driver not loaded”. Trying to fix this leads me through the following:

• Click “Run diagnostics”
  • Run /opt/COMODO/cavdiagnostic as root user
  • It gives the message,
    “Kernel module “redirts.ko” appropriate for current kernel version does not exist. Please run /opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh to install it. Then run /etc/init.d/cmdacd restart to start cmdavd service”
  • It gives the same message for “avflt.ko”
  • If I run post_setup.sh, after going through the EULA I end up with the output I have copy/pasted below and the problem is not fixed.

(Note: I removed the optional registration and language choice from the output I pasted since these seemed irrelevant.)

/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh: line 50: /sbin/hdparm: No such file or directory

Build the RedirFS kernel modules for real-time protection…

Then linux kernel source or linux kernel headers for your current kernel version 3.13.8-200.fc20.i686 can not be found.
Please install the kernel source or kernel headers for 3.13.8-200.fc20.i686, then run this script again.
make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/redirfs modules
make: *** /lib/modules/3.13.8-200.fc20.i686/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2
make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/redirfs modules_install
make: *** /lib/modules/3.13.8-200.fc20.i686/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [install] Error 2
modprobe: FATAL: Module redirfs not found.

RedirFS kernel modules installation failed.

The cmdagent failed to stop! [FAILED]
The cmdagent started successfully! [ OK ]
The cmgdaemon stopped successfully! [ OK ]
The cmgdaemon started successfully! [ OK ]

COMODO Antivirus is successfully configured, you can start it from Menu or Desktop.

The program does seem to download updates successfully and acknowledges this.

Many thanks in advance for your help and support! :slight_smile:

Yes of corse. Your Kernel is no supported.

See here.

Good luck.

Take a look at the redirFS website. redirfs.org
No maintenance since 2010 but you still can download RedirFS.
Hopefully this will help you