Author Topic: Comodo AV inside a sandbox in Ubuntu  (Read 547 times)

Offline cipher38434

Comodo AV inside a sandbox in Ubuntu
« on: February 25, 2017, 05:49:11 PM »
Is it possible to run CAV inside a sandbox within Ubuntu for the occasional system scan? I have read of issues with allowing CAV to have root privileges that persist even after installation.

Offline Mirmos

• Oserblog
Re: Comodo AV inside a sandbox in Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:10:48 PM »
As far as I'm aware cipher... you don't need to do that.
If you can manage to install it (needs a missing dependancy, which can be found by search engine), then it will work up to Linux kernel 4.8.x in Ubuntu if you replace the driver.tar file in /opt/COMODO/ with the latest unofficial patch to be found on these forums (check out the one of the 'installation' threads, looking for charlie-(?)). You need to run sudo/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh and you need to do the driver.tar replacement (via gksu nautilus) and run post_setup.sh at each new kernel upgrade, unfortunately.
But even if none of that works for you you can still use Comodo in its raw state, without sandboxing, for on demand scanning - it's just that it won't do realtime protection then.
EDIT solution here by charlie-xstar, and the odd comment from me... https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-antivirus-for-linux-cavl/filesystem-filter-driver-for-kernel-35318redirfs-and-avflt-t94441.0.html;new;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:18:02 PM by Mirmos »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek