Author Topic: Please submit feature/enhancement requests here.  (Read 34488 times)

Offline MichelB

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Please submit feature/enhancement requests here.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 08:35:02 AM »
Hey Lou - go hosted :) Exchange has become too painful. Just have a look at all the Spiceworks comments about on-site vs hosted (http://community.spiceworks.com)

M.

P.S. are you using the BC & DRM features in ASG?

Offline louyo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 04:45:58 PM »
Not my choice.

>>P.S. are you using the BC & DRM features in ASG?
I am going to assume that you are using my ignorance to further your adenda. >:-D

What is BC and DRM?
I am still trying to figure out why ASG stopped emailing me with white/black list requests.

Feature enhancement: make the login process come back here after I click Login.

Lou
If a man says something in the forest and his wife is not there, is he still wrong?

Offline MichelB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 01:18:55 PM »
Hi, sorry, just get so used to acronyms so quickly 'round here,,,

BC = business continuity (e.g. when the Exchange server's power supply dies but your users still need access to their emails) usually a short-term measure until you can get up and running again

DRM (a.k.a. DRP) = Disaster Recovery Management/Plan (e.g. when the building burns down and you need both short term measures to keep trading as well as the ability to restore everything that was lost)

"I am still trying to figure out why ASG stopped emailing me with white/black list requests" - changed email address?

& yes

forest/desert/ice-cap/mid-Atlantic, he would still be wrong

Offline louyo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
OK, I thought maybe DRM had to do with the RIAA... :)
I use Exchange in a small Virtual Machine for what little I do (mostly testing) and it can run on one of several pieces of hardware.
We are setting up a new server for the client, and that will run under ESXi with daily backups (Veeam). We also keep images off site but if a fire or hurricane comes along, that would be difficult. I would probably just run away from home.  8)

Lou
Didn't change email address, looking for configuration page... you keep hiding stuff.  :'(

Offline MichelB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 06:20:16 AM »
So you should be adding on a couple of Gigs of MailBackup archiving to your client's ASG domain so that:-

1) If the hardware should crash they can still log in to ASG as users to read and reply to incoming emails while you reboot the box (this is the BC part)

and

2) If the building burns down they have access as per 1) above and, when you have a new box set up, you can re-forward all the mail back to the Exchange server from the archive to re-populate the mailstore (this is the DR part)

I liked Veeam back in the day and then hound the Ghetto script (free and more configurable) - http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/tag/ghettovcb

Yes, we are moving things around a little, this is in preparation for ASG v3...

M.

Offline louyo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
I knew you would find a way for us to spend money.  8)
Veeam free version does what we need. I also have NovaStor Essentials which will replicate VM's but is slower than Veeam. The advantage of the GUI programs is usability for the non-ITers, easier to make screen shots for them.
I will follow your idea to increase the archive when we get ready to cut over.
When you go to 3.0 try not to break anything :)

Offline MichelB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
"I knew you would find a way for us to spend money" - if I didn't think it would make you life easier we wouldn't have built it :) Use thereof is optional...

3.0 is a restructure of the usability not the architecture (we did that in v2) so you'll be getting a shiny new interface that makes more sense and is quicker and easier to use. We'll also be adding in a couple of new features to make life even easier for the overworked, underpaid, stressed-out sysadmin.

Offline louyo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 09:44:27 PM »
Please advise process/link to increase archive size.
Thanks,
Lou

Offline MichelB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2015, 09:50:51 AM »
Hi,

Click on the My Account button
Click on the Antispam Gateway link under 'Enabled Services' (left hand side)
Click on Add New Subscription link (top right)
In the list of dropdown boxes uncheck the base pack of 1 domain 5 users (topmost dropdown)
Select the amount of archive space required from the bottom dropdown
Complete the Customer Information section
Accept the Ts & Cs
Click the Continue button
Complete the transaction on the next page

Ta-Dah!

Regards,
M.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:54:50 PM by MichelB »

Offline bgkprathibha

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 05:31:32 PM »
One of the most important option which is currently not present in ASG is ability to re deliver emails from,

1. incoming log - important specially if a user has misplaced an email
2 from "rejected" outgoing log - very important incorrectly spam rated outgoing emails.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek