Catch-All Accounts....

My little personal domain only has three accounts but one of them is a catch-all account so incoming messages may be addressed to way over the 10 accounts included in your free service. Can this be done?

Hi randyp1234,

Yes, you can whitelist incoming email by recipient so in the gateway you would create a user called “randys_catchall_account” (or similar) and check the whitelist box. The mail for that account will then not be filtered.

Regards,
Michel.

Michel,

Trying to keep my question short I probably didn’t explain what I was wanting to ask properly so I’ll ask again with the long version.

I have three accounts. We’ll call them a,b,and c. A & b are personal accounts for my wife and I. C is the catch-all account.

The way I use this is when I have to sign up for things such as my account here or shopping accounts like Amazon. I give them addresses specific to that account. For example Amazon thinks my email address is amazon[at]mydomain.com and the one for here is comodo[at]mydomain.com. That way if I start receiving unwanted email I’ll know from the address it was sent to who sold or otherwise leaked my address. I can then take steps to block it.

So…if I set up a spam filtering account with you I assume I will tell the system I have the three “a,b,c” accounts. My questions is - after setting up those three accounts - will email addresses to “amazon” be delivered or will only emails addressed to a,b, or c be delivered and all others blocked because the address are not defined?

Thanks!!

Randy

Hi,

I am assuming that all three accounts belong to the same domain, e.g.
Amazon@mydomain.com
Comodo@mydomain.com
PersonalStuff@mydomain.com

So…
Stage 1 is to set the filtering for mydomain.com. This means that all email going to mydomain.com will be filtered as you haven’t told Comodo Anitspam Gateway (CASG) otherwise.

Stage 2 is to create the 3 mail accounts as above but, assuming you don’t want Amazon@mydomain filtered, during the account creation process you enable whitelisting for that account. That means that email destined for that address will not be filtered but the other 2 will be.

If, at some later stage you find that you are receiving spam for a particular source you blacklist that sender and CASG will automatically reject any email coming from that address.

Is this the answer you were wanting? If not, please let me know.

BTW, shall we narrow down our conversation to one location, forum or support?

Regards,
Michel.

Conversation moved to ASG support for privacy reasons.