Author Topic: Adblocker from Comodo - Windows, IOS and Android  (Read 36513 times)

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Adblocker from Comodo - Windows, IOS and Android
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2016, 08:45:46 AM »
I got a Question on this,

Since I have Ublock already installed, and I put on UAdBlocker. Do I need to disable Ublock  or let it run along side I.E. Both Running

Plus what is the difference between Comodo Adblocker and Comodo UAdBlocker  I.E. As the Extensions. 

Regards

Nigel
Win 10 Home 64Bit, Opera Stable, CCAV, Ublock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, Dcentraleyes, UntrackMe, Cookie AutoDelete.

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2016, 09:33:05 AM »
I got a Question on this,

Since I have Ublock already installed, and I put on UAdBlocker. Do I need to disable Ublock  or let it run along side I.E. Both Running

Plus what is the difference between Comodo Adblocker and Comodo UAdBlocker  I.E. As the Extensions. 

Regards

Nigel

Comodo UAdblocker is forked from uBlock Origin.

Comodo Adblocker is based on AdblockPlus (without acceptable ads)

For you question, if you already have Comodo UAdblocker, you can remove uBlock.. both of them are same.
Filters are same..so no need to keep both.

As I see, Comodo adblockers are not updated recently from the source!
The real development of uBlock Origin is here...full steam ahead ;)
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock#ublock-origin
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2016, 11:53:58 AM »
It is very common behavior from Chromium based browsers. For me, every .exe download get alert from the browser.
Browser always says "It may not safe"

Do not take it seriously! It is safe software

Blimey, I didn't even realize this software existed :o. Having used Comodo AdBlocker extension in Dragon and Ublock Origin addon in Firefox, I guess this package caters for both now inc. others :-TU. When did this software get released? Didn't see any mention in the forums.

:)
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2016, 12:31:22 PM »
Comodo UAdblocker is forked from uBlock Origin.

Comodo Adblocker is based on AdblockPlus (without acceptable ads)

For you question, if you already have Comodo UAdblocker, you can remove uBlock.. both of them are same.
Filters are same..so no need to keep both.

As I see, Comodo adblockers are not updated recently from the source!
The real development of uBlock Origin is here...full steam ahead ;)
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock#ublock-origin

Many thanks for that yigido, I already have Ublock and I've used it on Opera since it came out in beta.

But since you say Comodo do not update as much I best keep to both, for the time being until I need to remove Ublock or Remove UAdAdblock.

Win 10 Home 64Bit, Opera Stable, CCAV, Ublock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, Dcentraleyes, UntrackMe, Cookie AutoDelete.

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2016, 12:34:43 PM »
Blimey, I didn't even realize this software existed :o. Having used Comodo AdBlocker extension in Dragon and Ublock Origin addon in Firefox, I guess this package caters for both now inc. others :-TU. When did this software get released? Didn't see any mention in the forums.

I just did a search on Chrome store Extension and I found both Comodo Adblockers plus Comodo Antivirus Extension.
Since I have Download Chrome Extension for Opera I Enable it and get the Extension.

And They have been up there little while on Chrome store I would say by the feedback from people.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:37:27 PM by Nige_39 »

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »
I just did a search on Chrome store Extension and I found both Comodo Adblockers plus Comodo Antivirus Extension.
Since I have Download Chrome Extension for Opera I Enable it and get the Extension.

And They have been up there little while on Chrome store I would say by the feedback from people.

Hi Nige_39

Yes, I am familiar with these extensions/addons but the software I am referring to is a standalone product from TheDukeUK's post (see screenshot). I haven't seen or heard about this product before.

I know Comodo like to offer choice but I would prefer they concentrated on one product rather than the three now. As they have standalone product, why not merge the best (security/privacy wise) into this product. These extensions/addons seem too close the originals.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:21:45 PM by Graham1 »

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2016, 05:53:46 AM »
Hi Nige_39

Yes, I am familiar with these extensions/addons but the software I am referring to is a standalone product from TheDukeUK's post (see screenshot). I haven't seen or heard about this product before.

I know Comodo like to offer choice but I would prefer they concentrated on one product rather than the three now. As they have standalone product, why not merge the best (security/privacy wise) into this product. These extensions/addons seem too close the originals.

Hi Graham1,

Yes I see what you mean!

As for what you say I do agree with you.

Also as for Ublock and UAdBlocker I have both running still, but I will see which gets the latest update first.

And I have just seen Ublock is ahead of UAdBlocker see screen shots:

Capture 1 is taken from Ublock before I press Update 3rd Party filters.

Capture 2 is taken from UAdBlocker and as you see it's behind and there is no current update to be done.

So it makes me think which am I best Keeping :)

Regards

Nigel

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2016, 05:58:47 AM »
Update:

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:53 PM »
Also as for Ublock and UAdBlocker I have both running still, but I will see which gets the latest update first.

I'm no expert on this but I would say uBlock would get the updates first. If both are pointing to the same repositories, I guess it's which is setup to update first (if setup automatically).

So it makes me think which am I best Keeping :)

Previously, I had been running AdBlock Plus but from what I've read so far, I think uBlock Origin has the edge now. That said, I am now running Comodo's standalone AdBlocker so will give that a try. Also, running Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere as you can also trust EFF.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »
Hi Guys,
As with most other software, which adblocker to use comes down to personal choice and what works best for each individual user.

Kind regards.

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2016, 06:32:20 AM »
Hi Guys,
As with most other software, which adblocker to use comes down to personal choice and what works best for each individual user.

Kind regards.

Thanks captainsticks  and you are quite correct.

I have removed  UAdBlocker for my own personal preference. However, I have everything else like said in my Signature

Kind Regards,

Nigel   

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2016, 06:33:44 AM »
I'm no expert on this but I would say uBlock would get the updates first. If both are pointing to the same repositories, I guess it's which is setup to update first (if setup automatically).

Previously, I had been running AdBlock Plus but from what I've read so far, I think uBlock Origin has the edge now. That said, I am now running Comodo's standalone AdBlocker so will give that a try. Also, running Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere as you can also trust EFF.

That is OK Graham1 and its further enough what you say  :-TU

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »

True but you've got to admit, it's difficult to choose one over another unless you follow said products. Some of the newer extensions/addons may be better than the older ones but the older ones tend to have more downloads (which I tend to go with due to popularity). I'm glad Comodo have their own AdBlocker now as I felt their extensions/addons were more to do with branding rather than adding additional security/privacy.

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »
TI felt their extensions/addons were more to do with branding rather than adding additional security/privacy.

:-TU :-TU
As always, it is Comodo.
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2016, 05:29:25 AM »
Comodo Adblocker Desktop - Add an option "Dont filter websites with EV certificates".

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek