Author Topic: Windows Security Center Notification [Closed]  (Read 2625 times)

Offline mgcl2ticl4

• Comodo Member
Windows Security Center Notification [Closed]
« on: August 10, 2007, 07:14:45 AM »
Just a minor glitch -  Windows Security Center does not register CPF on Win XP Pro x64.  Getting message that no firewall is turned on.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:57:11 PM by Soya Lv. 2 »

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Windows Security Center Notification
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:00:56 PM »
Hi,

WSC doesn't currently support beta software.  When the final version of CFP 3 is released it should work with WSC.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Charlie42

• Product Translator
  • Comodo Member
    • MTRX Design
Security Center issues
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:44:38 AM »
Running CFP 3 beta on Vista Home Premium. CFP doesn't show up in the Security Center, so I've had to select the option to monitor the firewall myself to avoid Windows warnings. Windows Firewall is disabled.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:27:56 AM by Charlie42 »

Offline jasper2408

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Security Center issues
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 09:16:27 AM »
Running CFP 3 beta on Vista Home Premium. CFP doesn't show up in the Security Center, so I've had to select the option to monitor the firewall myself to avoid Windows warnings. Windows Firewall is disabled.

That is normal as Microsoft only sees release versions of programs and not betas. When CFP3 is out of beta then it will be recognized. You have done what you need to do.

jasper
CFP 3.0.22.327beta  CMF   Avast Pro  SAS Pro Sandboxie Win XP PRO SP2 (x32)

soyabeaner

Re: Windows Security Center Notification
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 05:56:55 PM »
As the others had mentioned above, this applies to any program, not just CFP 3.  Even after becoming final, it takes time for Microsoft to do their research and approve it.

Since this is a FAI (Frequently Asked Issue), we close the thread.  If anyone has further comments or questions please feel free to contact an available mod to open it.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek