Author Topic: Weird counting of traffic...  (Read 2256 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Comodo's Hero
Weird counting of traffic...
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:13:58 AM »
eMule was running for like 10 minutes and results are as follows (on connection 1024/256):

How it was able to send/recieve over 1GB of data in 10 minutes is beyond me...
QEDIT: At time of writing it's already at 2GB and counting at rate 5MB per second...

Offline AOwL

• Comodo SuperHero
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Firewall Pro - Be safe, use protection...
    • NordicNatureMedia
Re: Weird counting of traffic...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:22:38 AM »
I had the same behavior with Xfire. It was downloading with 10Mb/s... but when I checked in Xfire it was 250kb/s... I have a 100Mbit connection but i don't believe the downloadspeed in CPF...

Offline RejZoR

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 06:25:01 AM »
Well my connection can pull out 128KB/s down and 30KB/s up. CPF is showing like 5MB/s. So it's physically impossible. Anyway i hope they'll fix this...

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:09:30 PM »
Well my connection can pull out 128KB/s down and 30KB/s up. CPF is showing like 5MB/s. So it's physically impossible. Anyway i hope they'll fix this...

Hi Guys,

This is a known issue that CPF sometimes shows wrong traffic amount. It will be fixed in the future versions.

Thx for the feedback,
Egemen

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 03:49:37 AM »
Hi Guys,

This is a known issue that CPF sometimes shows wrong traffic amount. It will be fixed in the future versions.

Thx for the feedback,
Egemen

Egemen, please do. I am not sure about others but one of the main reason I use a firewall is to check my outbound Internet traffic. To me, showing the correct amount of traffic transmitted by a particular program is a very crucial thing.

Thank you.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Offline RejZoR

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 06:07:18 AM »
Would be cool if there was some status page with these info stats (maybe as third tab under traffic field?):

- Total data transfered in both directions
- Total inbound data
- Total outbound data
- Total data transfered in both directions for current session
- Total inbound data for current session
- Total outbound data for current session
- Current number of active connections
- Number of port scans total
- Number of port scans for current session

+ possibly some others (like total data transfered for this month, this week and this day). Of course when this bandwidth problem is fully solved. I always liked statistics and these are no exception. Plus it would be great for those that have bandwidth limited DSL connections.

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:08:49 AM »
RejZor,

I think this is a great idea. I personally would love more info from the firewall, the more the merrier.  :D Perhaps CPF should have a Advanced mode and Standard mode so new users would not be scare off by the wealth of information if Comodo were to make available all of those suggestions of yours. I really love to see this idea of yours implemented. I hope someone in Comodo is reading this thread.  ;)

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 09:05:43 PM »
Would be cool if there was some status page with these info stats (maybe as third tab under traffic field?):

- Total data transfered in both directions
- Total inbound data
- Total outbound data
- Total data transfered in both directions for current session
- Total inbound data for current session
- Total outbound data for current session
- Current number of active connections
- Number of port scans total
- Number of port scans for current session

+ possibly some others (like total data transfered for this month, this week and this day). Of course when this bandwidth problem is fully solved. I always liked statistics and these are no exception. Plus it would be great for those that have bandwidth limited DSL connections.

Why dont you post these to our wishlist? That thread is better so that we wont skip implementing these.

Thx,
Egemen

Offline RejZoR

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 09:42:04 PM »
I already did the same moment i posted idea here (mostly because the bug is also connected with it hehe).

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek