Author Topic: Updated! CPF 2.3.1.20 BETA is available!(Removed CPF 2.3.0.19 BETA)  (Read 16980 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: CPF 2.3.0.19 BETA is available!
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
Okay, I think I get the hint that this particular forum is for testers only. I think I will also wait until the actual release comes out to try Comodo again. I have a sense of humor so please don't take this post the wrong way. I'm secure enough not to get my feelings hurt because no one responded to me so far. I will just try to post in other areas of this forum which are more my speed. LOLOLO. Take care everyone.

Sorry, I (like probably everybody else) was waiting for someone else to respond.

IMHO If you are a complete novice, I would wait for 2.3 to be officially released. If your "interested".. jump-in! It's fair quick stuff to learn. But, for a novice, it will be a real pain re-installing a new version every so often (maybe sometimes frequently). I think, you would be better off sticking with the 2.2 version for the time being.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline ajbud

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 12:01:23 PM »
When my laptop has a wired ethernet connection at work, my organization runs Login.bat to check configurations.  There are around 12 checks like the following

ECHO Verifying Mozilla Firefox is v1.5.0.4
if exist "C:\Windows" start /wait \\ns01\Install\Common\RAA.exe \\ns01\install\MozillaFirefox\v1.5.0.4\SetupChk.exe -S

where \\ns01 is a trusted server.

I had no problems with version 2.2 nor with the first beta, but with the prerelease that script stops after processing one or  two items (CPU usage 0%). It does not help to kill the command. I have to force a shut down with the power switch.

I next booted the laptop without a network connection to avoid that command. I then ran the command manually. There were no firewall pop-ups and no log entries, but the script would still hang after 8 or so checks.

I eventually shut down both the firewall and the launcher and ran the script manually. It would  again execute 8 to 10 checks and hang. I could  execute that script only after I uninstalled the beta.

Bob

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 12:41:07 PM »
G'day,

A coupleof people have talked about the pop up frequency setting. I've installed the 2.3 BETA and didn't get any option to set frequency during install or in settings after install. Installed version is 2.3.0.19.

system is XP SP1. Could this cause it?

Any ideas?

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »
G'day,

A coupleof people have talked about the pop up frequency setting. I've installed the 2.3 BETA and didn't get any option to set frequency during install or in settings after install. Installed version is 2.3.0.19.

system is XP SP1. Could this cause it?

Any ideas?

Ewen :-)

Hi Ewen,

While installing, when you select Manual Configuration, it will appear at the end of the setup. We havent put it to GUI yet.

Egemen

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 03:14:18 PM »
ICMP Fragmentation Needed messages are needed because when CPF blocks them, many users experience limited connectivity problems. Stateful inspection ensures fake packets are blocked. So for a personal computer, there is no significant threat.

The other rule is for providing UDP stealthing. When a rule exists for UDP IN and no application listens on the requested port, that rule will block port closed messages to provide better stealth.

perfectly clear. thanks for the explanation  :D

Offline Richeese Rolls

• [Citation Required]
  • Comodo's Hero
  • HAA-YAH!
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 10:16:52 PM »
As, always.
...do the gaming stuff.

-. Adding wow.exe (World of Warcraft) to the list = OK
-. Adding the backgroundupdater.exe to the list (skip parrent) = OK
-. Play the game = OK
-. Switch back to desktop to see if the background (background updater) process get POP!
-. Yes, it's poping
-. Checking the reminder, and Allow it
-. Game run's ok
-. Shutdown the game
-. Restarting the game
-. Switch back to desktop
-. The same background process get's POP
-. Selecting "reminder", allowing again...
-. Restart
-. Same result

I think it's because CPF's see the background updater as an invisible connection attempt by wow.exe. ...CPF does remember the seting, but it doesn't compare it to it's own list. So, while the application's already there with the "skip parrent" selection, CPF add an additional list of the background updater with wow.exe as it's parrent application. ...and still re-asking the process.

*. I'm using TaskSwithXP, that's how I'm able to switch back to my desktop
Ganda: over here in my country , im a real sex object
Soy Joy: looool
Ganda: whenever i ask girls for sex ... they object
Melih: LOL!

Offline amano

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2006, 09:03:14 AM »
We will check for Log size issue. it should not behave like that.

Would it be possible to add the option 0, meaning to turn logging completely off?

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CPF 2.3.1.20 BETA is available!
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2006, 02:12:51 PM »
I would like to respectfully request that new BETA releases are posted to a seperate (new) topic, rather than editting an existing one. I only noticed because someone mentioned it in another topic.

BTW I noticed that the Scan for know applications only seems look on the C drive. That misses quite a bit on my system. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want CPF to scan my whole system. Maybe allowing the user to specify a drive or drives to scan would be better?
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2006, 11:50:30 PM »
BTW I noticed that the Scan for know applications only seems look on the C drive. That misses quite a bit on my system. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want CPF to scan my whole system. Maybe allowing the user to specify a drive or drives to scan would be better?
Not here. It scan all my partitions...

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

Re: Updated! CPF 2.3.1.20 BETA is available!(Removed CPF 2.3.0.19 BETA)
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2006, 11:53:06 PM »
Cosmetic issues:

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2006, 12:15:40 AM »
G'day,

Another minor point - in several of the dialogues, there is a greyed out NEXT button to the FINISH button when you get to the end of the process. Not really necessary.

ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 12:35:18 AM »
Thanks for your response VC..

Not here. It scan all my partitions...

Oh. I wonder what's preventing that from happening on my system?

I'm using Windows 2000 SP4.
Forum Policy.
____

Offline JEL

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2006, 06:01:42 AM »
Uninstall and Install worked smoothly for me with 2.3.1.20 unlike previous BETA.

Still think a learn safe applications scan option as part of the install would cut down on the learning curve and popups for new users of CPF.

Jim

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 06:09:11 AM »
Uninstall and Install worked smoothly for me with 2.3.1.20 unlike previous BETA.

Still think a learn safe applications scan option as part of the install would cut down on the learning curve and popups for new users of CPF.
I agree with you...

Offline LM7

• Comodo Member
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 02:36:28 AM »
I installed 2.3.1.20 Beta today, and it worked perfectly, until I tried running IE under Sandboxie (I had previously run Firefox and Thunderbird mail under Sandboxie without problems) - at that point the computer froze completely. (I frequently had such problems of the computer freezing with an earlier version of the 2.3 beta.)

Any suggestions? (I'm also using Kaspersky AV 6.0 and ProcessGuard, full version, under Win XP Pro).

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek