Author Topic: Temporary Internet Files and CPF 2.3.1.20 BETA.  (Read 3527 times)

Offline streetwolf

• Comodo Loves me
Temporary Internet Files and CPF 2.3.1.20 BETA.
« on: July 17, 2006, 01:07:15 AM »
I reported this with the last beta but never got an official reply.  At least one other person said they also had the problem.

I have the option set to clear my TIF cache when I close my browser.  IE6 btw.  The option I have set appears in the attachment below.

After closing my browser the cache is still full.  If I kill CPF.EXE the cache clears just fine when I close my browser.  It looks as though CPF has a lock on the TIF folder or perhaps the INDEX.DAT file contained within.

Clearing the TIF via manual methods works fine.  It is only through the clear option when CPF.EXE is running that it does not work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Temporary Internet Files and CPF 2.3.1.20 BETA.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 04:38:46 AM »
I reported this with the last beta but never got an official reply.  At least one other person said they also had the problem.

I have the option set to clear my TIF cache when I close my browser.  IE6 btw.  The option I have set appears in the attachment below.

After closing my browser the cache is still full.  If I kill CPF.EXE the cache clears just fine when I close my browser.  It looks as though CPF has a lock on the TIF folder or perhaps the INDEX.DAT file contained within.

Clearing the TIF via manual methods works fine.  It is only through the clear option when CPF.EXE is running that it does not work.

CPF does not put any locks on temporary internet files. It does not check anything in that folder either.

It is using internet explorer activex in its GUI. If this causes your problem, then it will be solved in next stable release because we dont use it anymore.

Offline streetwolf

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:03:54 AM »
Just thought I show you that a program I use that displays opened files reports that my TIF is being used by CPF.EXE.  It doesn't appear to be locked however as I am pretty sure it was in the last beta.

index.dat   D:\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat    0x280   7/9/2006 12:04:01 PM   7/17/2006 1:19:50 PM   A   3,145,728   *   *      *   *      0x0012019f   0   3012   CPF.exe   C:\Program Files\Comodo\Personal Firewall\CPF.exe   

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 07:49:02 AM »
Just thought I show you that a program I use that displays opened files reports that my TIF is being used by CPF.EXE.  It doesn't appear to be locked however as I am pretty sure it was in the last beta.

index.dat   D:\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat    0x280   7/9/2006 12:04:01 PM   7/17/2006 1:19:50 PM   A   3,145,728   *   *      *   *      0x0012019f   0   3012   CPF.exe   C:\Program Files\Comodo\Personal Firewall\CPF.exe   

Sure. I think it is because of the internet explorer activex control.

Offline streetwolf

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 08:08:59 AM »
OK.... I'll wait until you get rid of the activex control.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 03:30:43 PM »

Just as an aside, I use a browser called AM Browser, which is an IE6 wrapper, similar to Maxthon. It utilises the core IE components but presents them within its own GUI. It has an option to clear all TIFs on exit and it does this by means of the IE control components. If I set IE to clear all TIFs, browse using IE, TIFs remain. If I browse using AM Browser, TIFs get cleared.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek