Author Topic: Since installing CPF, problems reconnecting to internet  (Read 5303 times)

Offline LM7

• Comodo Member
Re: Since installing CPF, problems reconnecting to internet
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 12:41:09 PM »
Here are the files again - hope they come through OK this time!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LM7

• Comodo Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
Sorry I didn't get the other attachments thru on my previous post - here they are!

Thanks again for your help, rki!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rki

• Comodo Family Member
  • Rootcontest.com
    • RootContest - Home of Elite Wargames
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 03:56:20 PM »
Only notice if CPF is not loaded itself, the Internet connection is severed.
It does not load when the tray icon is loaded.
So I  made a shortcut to cpf in the startup folder.
Works fine.
but should not have to load cpf, it should load automatically when Comodo Tray loads.
(Tray) Note it doesn't load automatically when installed.
It did before this latest release update.
Yes I was clean of all spyware - PC was checked with Mcafee, then uninstalled.
First thing that was ever installed on this PC was COMODO
PC came with Mcafee.

(B)

Greetings,
hrm....why won't your CPF load automatically from startup? There's no need to manually make a startup shortcut for it.

- We should start looking at the problem from there(CPF not booting up)

Delete your manually created shortcut for CPF & Check and make sure you have this option OFF.
Navigate "Security - Advance - Advance Detection and Protection - Configure - Miscellaneous"
"Block all Outgoing traffic while booting" = OFF

- Now assuming you have that option not marked? I'd suggest uninstalling CPF and make a clean start by running ccleaner & a registry cleaner

- Now, Please do that and having that being solved(CPF does start on bootup), then see if you still have the KAV issues again.

- It's easier diagnosing problems from their 'root'/'source' before moving further

Thanks,
rki.

RootContest.com - Home of Elite Wargames.

Offline gfeiner

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 08:02:42 PM »
I would like to let everyone know that I'm having the same type of problem and the KAS and CPF settings in this thread did not help.

System: WinXP SP2
Comodo PF 2.3.6.81
Kaspersky AV 6.0
Internet Connection: Cable Modem.

The specific problem I have is that since installing CPF, whenever I disconnect from a PPTP connection to my employers intranet, I loose all network connectivity on my computer.  No traffic will flow in or out of my computer at this point.  It's as if the network card totally dies after disconnecting from the VPN.  The only solution is to uninstall CPF.

Offline LM7

• Comodo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 12:26:32 AM »
I tried the most recent CPF build just for the fun of it, and this problem did NOT recur.

However, I encountered another problem (which has been discussed elsewhere in this forum) - periodic "freezing" of the computer, as a result of which I had to perform a manual restart (I couldn't move the mouse pointer or use any of my programs) - so I had to reinstall this most recent CPF build as well.

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 09:09:32 PM »
i also could not connect to the internet with comodo 2.3.6.81.  this is the first time this has happened to me with comodo.  had to uninstall comodo, and my internet connectivity came back right away.  i'll wait and see if this is addressed in a new update.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek