Author Topic: Possible BSOD solution  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Metacore

Possible BSOD solution
« on: July 20, 2007, 10:45:14 PM »
Okay, this is what worked for me. I made sure to double check that was the cause too.

Anyway, after installing CFP3 (on windows vista ultimate x32 in my case) I unchecked the "Restart now" check box. Run it through the shortcut or whatever(it shouldn't crash) put the Defense+ bar on allow all.

There, you can put the firewall on pretty much whatever you want. I don't really know what Defense+ is for(is that what controls all the internal stuff? like when one program tries to control another? I don't really need it anyway)

There, now maybe someone can tell me whats wrong with the Defense+ thing, and, oh, if you have time, fix it.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
Re: Possible BSOD solution
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:30:40 AM »
Defense+ is a Host Intrusion Protection System. It protects your computer from running anything it shouldn't. For example if your security software misses a new trojan or even an existing one and it tries to run or make changes to the system Defense+ will stop it dead in it's tracks. It promises to be the best HIPS ever!

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline PJK

• Comodo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:31:53 AM »
Since I'm also experiencing this problem (BSOD's in conjunction with Defense+) I second the remark of Metacore.

[at]EricEgan : We know what Defense+ is supposed to do, all we ask is that it does it without taking our systems down!

Offline foxman

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 01:51:45 PM »
I experience the BSOD in a different manner. Since installing the Beta, I have had experienced 4 BSOD during boot up (after a clean proper shutdown), each time after pressing the reset, choosed "boot windows normally" and it managed to come back to life..... however should BSOD happens again during boot-time, I will have to give it a serious thought on whether to uninstall CFP3 beta... :THNK

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek