Author Topic: Ports show "Closed" not "STEALTH"  (Read 8099 times)

Offline hbobeck

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Ports show "Closed" not "STEALTH"
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 04:38:29 AM »
How would I test the behaviour (Closed/stealth) of the firewall when I am behind a router?

:THNK

Harry

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 08:48:08 AM »
To test CFP when you're behind a router, you need to forward ALL ports on the router to the internal IP of the PC running CFP. As most routers also act as a DHCP server, to ensure that nothing bad happens, either turn all other devices on your LAN (other than the router and the test PC) off or statically assign a high address (typically 192.168.1.200) to your test PC and forward the ports on the router to this address.

At the end of your test - DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE THE PORT FORWARDING AND/OR THE STATIC ADDRESS ASSIGNMENT.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline hjason

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »
What tests are you running that show open ports?  When you are running the tests, what other applications do you have active?  (such as p2p applications, IM, etc - that connect to the internet).

Also, please note that when you do any online test while using a router, you are not testing your computer's firewall.  You are testing the router.  So if ports are showing open, it is because the router is responding on those ports.

LM

i ran all of the tests on shields up the only other apps i had running were my antivirus and nvtray those do not run with the internet they sit in the tray and run from there.
i took off the router and i still got the same results two ports are open 80 and 443. plus i uninstalled the beta to reinstall the 2.4 version and see what that version does against the test but when i install it and restart i cannot reboot my pc.
it gets to the windows loading screen and then it restarts constantly.
so i had to go into safe mode and uninstall 2.4 and i restarted and my pc was fine then. so i had to install another firewall because 2.4 will not run on my pc after having 3.0 beta installed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 02:24:36 PM by hjason »

Offline JamesFrance

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »
These are the same ports I posted in the general beta bug thread.   I uninstalled CPF 3 and had no problem at all in reinstalling 2.4.

James

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »
In order to reinstall v2.4, you will probably want to check the registry for the following key:

HKLM/System/Software/Comodo/Firewall... remove if you find it.  This seems to stick around sometimes if v3 is uninstalled with other applications/processes running; SafeMode seems to do away with it quite nicely.

Hope that helps,

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek