Author Topic: Ports show "Closed" not "STEALTH"  (Read 8100 times)

Offline wilpower

• Comodo Loves me
  • THINK LIKE YOU CARE LIVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT.
Ports show "Closed" not "STEALTH"
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:45:38 AM »
A little while back I uninstalled my CPFv.2.4.18.184 and installed CPF Alpha v.3.0.25....Gotta say I loved it......However having said that, I ended up uninstalling v.3 and reinstalling v.2.4 because after running the System Security scans offered by 'Shield Up' and 'Symantec' the results showed most of all my ports "Closed" and not "STEALTHED"...... Also my Computer Identification info was openly revealed....... a situation that does not happen with CPFv.2.4
I would like to run CPF3 but was unable to get all my ports and System Identity to show "Stealth".
I did have the appropriate box checked in Global Settings...(Block all outgoing) but did not change the results of the Ports being "closed" and not "Stealthed"
After reading some of the other posts at the time, it seems I am either the only one concerned about these settings or the only one who can't get CPF3 configured to show "All Ports and Computer Identity STEALTHED" the way CPFv.2.4 does ???
Any straight forward direction appreciated. :SMLR

Thanks in advance! (:KWL)
Holy Crap!!...More then one star.

"Use of COMODO Security Programs is not only Advised"  Use is Highly Recommend!!

Offline Andreas

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Ports show "Closed" not "STEALTH"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 02:08:30 PM »
I am running CFP Alpha 3.0 and all tests view "stealth".

:BNC :BNC :BNC

[attachment deleted by admin]
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, CIS Premium 5.10.228257.2253 (Antivirus Security Level: stateful, defense+: Safe Mode, Firewall Security Level: Costum Policy Mode, Sandbox Security Level: disabled), Firefox 11.0, Thunderbird 11.0.1

Offline wilpower

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »
I am running CFP Alpha 3.0 and all tests view "stealth".

:BNC :BNC :BNC

Hello Andreas and thanks for your time: What added configuration did you do after "default install".
When I installed CPF3 and ran the Shields up service,the default install 'did not' come up with what you have provided ???
Mmmmm...any help (:KWL)

"Use of COMODO Security Programs is not only Advised"  Use is Highly Recommend!!

Offline Andreas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 03:52:12 PM »
I have setting the firewall security level to "custom".
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, CIS Premium 5.10.228257.2253 (Antivirus Security Level: stateful, defense+: Safe Mode, Firewall Security Level: Costum Policy Mode, Sandbox Security Level: disabled), Firefox 11.0, Thunderbird 11.0.1

Offline lala

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 04:09:23 PM »
hi r u online?

Offline wilpower

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 09:48:27 PM »
I have setting the firewall security level to "custom".
Thanks Andreas:
Here's an interesting little bit of experience..... A fews weeks back I tried CPF3. I uninstalled CPR2.4 and installed CPF3 on two seperate times in the same evening(with absolutely no install problems what so ever) in my attempts to get my ports Stealthed..... at that time with no success and only due to my lack to configure an excellent piece of security software.
But!!! having said that..... last night I tried for over an hour and half to get CPF3 installed and No Luck.  (:SAD)
CPU was stuck on 100% doing something ??? I don't know what and the System just hung... BOClean was doing its thing constantly.
So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 or 4 times with no luck????? But absolutely no problem a couple of weeks back....
Go figure>>> Software codes can be fickled>>>can't they (:KWL)

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 12:23:01 AM »
Did you have boclean installed the 1st time I have read that some people were having conflicts with BOClean not sure if it was version 1.0.0.0 or 3.0.2.5. did you make any software upgrade or additions in this time

OD

Thanks Andreas:
Here's an interesting little bit of experience..... A fews weeks back I tried CPF3. I uninstalled CPR2.4 and installed CPF3 on two seperate times in the same evening(with absolutely no install problems what so ever) in my attempts to get my ports Stealthed..... at that time with no success and only due to my lack to configure an excellent piece of security software.
But!!! having said that..... last night I tried for over an hour and half to get CPF3 installed and No Luck.  (:SAD)
CPU was stuck on 100% doing something ??? I don't know what and the System just hung... BOClean was doing its thing constantly.
So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 or 4 times with no luck????? But absolutely no problem a couple of weeks back....
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline Chappy

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 04:32:33 AM »
I also have Full Stealth at Sheilds Up, and I scanned all 65,000 plus ports at PC Flank and Audit My PC.
All these tests showed all ports were non responsive to their scanning in the semi-default settings...I have configured some custom program access and the like, but that's about it.
For the last 2, their non responsive is basically Stealthed.

There must have been something changed in your config I believe, to get that result. And now you can't do a Vanilla Install either?
Have you tried removing all reference to Comodo in your registry and then try an install again?
Or try to install in Safe Mode to see if it may be some 3rd party process that's buggering it up?

Dave

Offline Andreas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 08:56:22 AM »
Thanks Andreas:

Thanks wilpower:
At first i thought BOCLean conflicted with Bitdefender 8.0. Maybe BOClean conflicted with CFP Alpha.

Andreas

Offline hjason

• Comodo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 10:10:43 PM »
I also have Full Stealth at Sheilds Up, and I scanned all 65,000 plus ports at PC Flank and Audit My PC.
All these tests showed all ports were non responsive to their scanning in the semi-default settings...I have configured some custom program access and the like, but that's about it.
For the last 2, their non responsive is basically Stealthed.

There must have been something changed in your config I believe, to get that result. And now you can't do a Vanilla Install either?
Have you tried removing all reference to Comodo in your registry and then try an install again?
Or try to install in Safe Mode to see if it may be some 3rd party process that's buggering it up?

Dave

i don't see how you have all ports blocked.
because i ran sheilds up and i have every port stealth except two and they are port 80 and port 443 which are http ports used for internet.
and hackers and viruses can find them also and i have no idea as to how to close them. could anyone help me?
i am useing the new beta for win xp 32 bit thanks

Offline varaan

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 01:46:20 AM »
Strange i have removed version 2.4 installed the beta and all ports are stealth, all leak test succeeded with no any problem. Have you something change to the default settings, i have running CPF 3.0 in learning+safe mode running then the firewall makes decisisions.

Do you use an router or WIFI connection please give more information.

Offline YANKEE

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 07:14:08 AM »
yesterday I tried again to install this beta-version and I came across a similar problem/question. the firewall led me choose between 3 options : visible within a LAN or ...; (forgotten) or complete stealth (convenient for most users was explained).  I choose the first because i fear that the third option will prevent me from surfing the internet ? am I correct or should I choose this 3th option nevertheless? I am behind a router.  ???
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:16:00 AM by YANKEE »
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" Winston Churchill

Offline hjason

• Comodo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »
Strange i have removed version 2.4 installed the beta and all ports are stealth, all leak test succeeded with no any problem. Have you something change to the default settings, i have running CPF 3.0 in learning+safe mode running then the firewall makes decisisions.

Do you use an router or WIFI connection please give more information.

i am running the beta version and i have the defult setting except the defense + settings.
i had to set that at learn only because it constantly asked me if i want to allow or deny even after i click allow and remember my answer.
and i am behind a router with all security setting enabled.
i just don't know how to set the firewall to close these ports.
never had to do it before.
everything was automatic before.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »
the firewall led me choose between 3 options : visible within a LAN or ...; I would like to be alerted... or complete stealth (convenient for most users was explained). 
If you need to share files, printers, internet connection, or some other networked resource with other computers, Option 1 is necessary.  If not, Option 3 is great. 

You can change these at any time, in the Firewall Common Tasks tab.  It's the Stealth Configuration you're looking for.  Each of these will add some Global Rules to the Firewall Network Security Policy (Advanced tab).  It will not, however, delete the rules from the previous setting.  So you may want to play around with it a little bit and see what each one adds, so that you know what rules to remove from the list (some will be redundant)...

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 02:56:48 PM »
i am running the beta version and i have the defult setting except the defense + settings.
i had to set that at learn only
What tests are you running that show open ports?  When you are running the tests, what other applications do you have active?  (such as p2p applications, IM, etc - that connect to the internet).

Also, please note that when you do any online test while using a router, you are not testing your computer's firewall.  You are testing the router.  So if ports are showing open, it is because the router is responding on those ports.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek