Author Topic: Here is the Beta version of CPF 2.3 :-) [closed]  (Read 33115 times)

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • [ Visit Hungary ] www.hungary.hu
    • My blog
Re: Here is the Beta version of CPF 2.3 :-)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 02:07:50 PM »
Shall i write here more known applications, such as HyperSnap-DX's file? Will that help?

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • My blog
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »
CPF detected CreateInstall's updater as an Invisible application. This is a known installer creator (hehe, try it), i even translated the program and it's help file.

A link for test purposes: http://www.createinstall.com

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 02:14:52 PM »
I don't know if you read the post #41 of this topic, but I delete all the entries of Opera, on Application Monitor, and now I don't have the problem.

I'm using an Admin account.

About the rest:

One more user had reported such an issue and he was also using process guard. This may be related to ProcessGuard.

Thx,
Egemen

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »
One more user had reported such an issue and he was also using process guard. This may be related to ProcessGuard.
I'm not using ProcessGuard ;)

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »
I'm not using ProcessGuard ;)

I see. I thought pg.exe was processguard.

Offline Arkangyal

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • My blog
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2006, 02:28:54 PM »
CPF sad that the Gigaget download manager might be a new installed application: it isn't, so i just suggest to update this text here.

URL for test purposes: http://www.gigaget.com

[attachment deleted by admin]

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2006, 01:55:01 AM »
Question:
The 'cpf.exe' should run on windows startup?
I have an entrie, on registry for that, but 'cpf.exe' only starts when I launch it from Launch Pad...

???

Offline streetwolf

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 02:20:17 AM »
???

Could CPF.EXE not starting be related to the fact that from the screenshot you provided you have placed CPF somewhere other then Program Files?

Just a guess.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2006, 07:43:49 AM »
???

I think this problem is related to registry entry. Can you try to use double quotas so that it becomes "P:\Comodo Personal Firewall\cpf.exe sysrestart"

Also remove the second backslash in CLPTray entry so that "P:\\" becomes "P:\".

Let us know if this solved the problem.

Egemen

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2006, 09:18:08 AM »
I think this problem is related to registry entry. Can you try to use double quotas so that it becomes "P:\Comodo Personal Firewall\cpf.exe sysrestart"

Also remove the second backslash in CLPTray entry so that "P:\\" becomes "P:\".
This way, works fine:

Correct this on your install to avoid problems...

With this fix, this is also corrected: http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,650.msg4169.html#msg4169

Offline ajbud

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2006, 06:28:48 PM »
I ran into problems with Cisco's VPN (4.7). I installed the beta on two machines, both XP Professional SP 2.

Dell Latitude D600. Had installed 2.2 but ran into the problem with high DPI display. I installed the beta and have not had problems with this machine (high performance). I can use the VPN.

IBM X40 portable. Had installed and used 2.2 with Cisco VPN. This portable uses the VPN to access to two different systems. I could access one location but could not access the 2nd -- simply timed out.  Installed the beta and tried to connect to the site where Comodo 2.2 had worked. On the first attempt, the entire system frooze during the connection. I had to do a cold restart. On the following attempts I got a blue screen -- essentially at the point where the connection appears to have been made. I unstalled the beta and went back to 2.2, but the failures continued. I also found that I could not uninstall 2.2.  I used a restore to get back to an install of 2.2 where I could access the one location with the VPN, but still could not uninstall Comodo. I finally used another restore to get back to a runable state.

Bob

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »
I ran into problems with Cisco's VPN (4.7). I installed the beta on two machines, both XP Professional SP 2.

Dell Latitude D600. Had installed 2.2 but ran into the problem with high DPI display. I installed the beta and have not had problems with this machine (high performance). I can use the VPN.

IBM X40 portable. Had installed and used 2.2 with Cisco VPN. This portable uses the VPN to access to two different systems. I could access one location but could not access the 2nd -- simply timed out.  Installed the beta and tried to connect to the site where Comodo 2.2 had worked. On the first attempt, the entire system frooze during the connection. I had to do a cold restart. On the following attempts I got a blue screen -- essentially at the point where the connection appears to have been made. I unstalled the beta and went back to 2.2, but the failures continued. I also found that I could not uninstall 2.2.  I used a restore to get back to an install of 2.2 where I could access the one location with the VPN, but still could not uninstall Comodo. I finally used another restore to get back to a runable state.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Can you tell us what sort of BSOD you got? What was the error code in the screen? And did you see the guilty driver?

Thank you,

Egemen

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »
I found a problem with the Network Monitor (NM).

I don't know why, but sometimes I can't get High ID on eMule while NM is enabled.
If I disable the NM, I get High ID, but if I enable it again, I can't get High ID.
Only after I restart the Windows I can have the NM enabled and get High ID on eMule.

If you need more help...

Offline ajbud

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2006, 03:17:51 AM »
I had "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I did not see the driver.

Hi Bob,

Can you tell us what sort of BSOD you got? What was the error code in the screen? And did you see the guilty driver?

Thank you,

Egemen

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2006, 07:48:41 AM »
I found a problem with the Network Monitor (NM).

I don't know why, but sometimes I can't get High ID on eMule while NM is enabled.
If I disable the NM, I get High ID, but if I enable it again, I can't get High ID.
Only after I restart the Windows I can have the NM enabled and get High ID on eMule.

If you need more help...

What do your logs say about this? After enabling "Create an alert if this rule is fired" option on BLOCK IP IN FROM ANY.... rule, Logs should show what CPF is blocking. Can you try with that ption enabled ?

Egemen

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek