Author Topic: CPF: Unable to maintain connection to ssh-agent  (Read 2583 times)

Offline ianhu

CPF: Unable to maintain connection to ssh-agent
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:17:51 PM »
I use Cygwin keychain to manage my ssh keys.  I created a trusted zone for 127.0.0.1 and allowed all activities for all IPs and ports for ssh-agent.exe.  When I first run keychain I can use my ssh keys.  After a few minutes when I next try to open a shell or make a connection ssh-agent fails to operate correctly.
On opening a shell the message is:

* Found existing ssh-agent (3308)
* Adding 1 ssh key(s)...
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

When I change the security level to "allow all" in CPF there are no difficulties with ssh-agent (also no difficulites in Sygate or ZoneAlarm)

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CPF: Unable to maintain connection to ssh-agent
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 11:56:01 PM »
I use Cygwin keychain to manage my ssh keys.  I created a trusted zone for 127.0.0.1 and allowed all activities for all IPs and ports for ssh-agent.exe.  When I first run keychain I can use my ssh keys.  After a few minutes when I next try to open a shell or make a connection ssh-agent fails to operate correctly.
On opening a shell the message is:

* Found existing ssh-agent (3308)
* Adding 1 ssh key(s)...
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

When I change the security level to "allow all" in CPF there are no difficulties with ssh-agent (also no difficulites in Sygate or ZoneAlarm)

Please tell us which version you are using. If not beta, please use beta at http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1047.0.html

And after installing the beta release, paste us the logs so that we will see what is happening.

Egemen

Offline ianhu

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:41:30 AM »
I initially used version 2.2.0.11 and then switched to the beta version (2.3.1.20).  There are no logs generated for the ssh-agent connection.
Under "Activity" ssh-agent has two lines:
ssh-agent.exe 127.0.0.1 2628 UDP In/Out 121B. 
The last number grows after each attempt to contact ssh-agent.  The remote port varies each time the task is started.
And:
ssh-agent.exe 127.0.0.1 2627 TCP In 549B
This second line disappears after a couple of minutes and ssh keys stop working.

The rule for the application is currently:
ssh-agent.exe  Range 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 Port 0-65535 TCP/UDP In/Out Allow

I have put 127.0.0.1 as a trusted zone and also experimented with a network rule allowing 127.0.0.1 as remote host to contact any port on any host from any port.  This rule had no visible effect.  All other rules are as installed.
I hope this helps.

Offline ianhu

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 07:14:25 PM »
Just installed the new beta v2.3.2.21. Is this an intentionally large version number change from 2.3.1.20?

The ssh-agent connection is lost in the same way as with v2.3.1.20.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek