Author Topic: component control rules learn mode  (Read 9750 times)

apache255

Re: component control rules learn mode
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 09:19:30 AM »
just hope that this story about ' was not joke  (:WIN)
coul you confirm that?

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 09:25:27 AM »
hi again!

that thing about ' sounds incredible...but well this could well be the cause, as the repeated popups always concern files from that same folder.Maybe I should rename it, and that would solve the issue with cpf.It's just that renaming that folder involves many other changes on my computer, but i'll do it if it's necessary. Well I like this firewall...
I'm wrong, I tested it. CFW picks up both Applications & Component path names with nested single quotes and it saves & remembers both without any problems. So, that's not it.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

apache255

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »
ok thanks

Offline Rached

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »
Hello gents... this was an interesting post to read, especially with the great support from the forum admins.

apache255, i think your issue is with the long string (dll file location). Try to rename your folders to something shorten, example:
F:\apache's folder\My Documents\thunderbird folder\extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}\components\strgcmps.dll
to
F:\apache's folder\My Documents\thunderbird folder\extensions\components\strgcmps.dll

good luck :)

apache255

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 08:06:49 PM »
 (:WAV)hi!

thanks for your post, but unfortunately I'm afraid it is impossible to rename those strings, as they are thunderbird extensions. If the string name was changed, thunderbird would not be able to recognize the extension anymore, and if it did,which I doubt, it would not be able to update it when necessary.

thanks anyway (you might be right on the fact that the length of the string could cause a problem to cpf, but I can't change the strings, cpf must change...).

Offline Rached

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 08:26:02 PM »
You are absolutely right about the extensions id string.
F:\apache's folder\My Documents\thunderbird folder\extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}\components\strgcmps.dll
to
F:\apache\MyDocs\tb\ext\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}\components\strgcmps.dll
should do i guess  :) and yes, once the problem is figured out, it needs a fix. good luck

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek