Author Topic: Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.2.5 Alpha Setup [Closed]  (Read 43922 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.2.5 Alpha Setup
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2007, 03:45:13 PM »
That's OK, no worries. We need to keep things on track & in the right place, otherwise if somebody needs to find the info later.. headaches & frustration results (for the user).
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline afroscherer

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2007, 01:18:46 AM »
ok ive been looking through the forums to see if anyone else had this problem, but i have vista x32 and i downloaded the CFP_Setup_3.0.2.5_Alpha_XP_Vista_x32.exe program and ran it and it comes up with the "This is an old version of comodo firewall pro" message. did i download the wrong one?

Offline afroscherer

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2007, 01:40:12 AM »
oops nevermind :SMLR

Offline stiffneck0

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2007, 07:54:38 AM »
ok ive been looking through the forums to see if anyone else had this problem, but i have vista x32 and i downloaded the CFP_Setup_3.0.2.5_Alpha_XP_Vista_x32.exe program and ran it and it comes up with the "This is an old version of comodo firewall pro" message. did i download the wrong one?

I tried it yesterday and had the same message!! (:SAD) So I tried downloading CFP Setup four times with the same message!!!!! What's wrong??? (:AGY) (:AGY)

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2007, 10:57:52 AM »
I tried it yesterday and had the same message!!  So I tried downloading CFP Setup four times with the same message!!!!! What's wrong???
In this post:  http://forums.comodo.com/64_bit_alphabeta_announcements/cfp_v3_alpha_3025_release-t11043.0.html;msg78814#msg78814

umesh (with Comodo dev team) states that the Alpha has an expiry date...

Quote from: umesh
Hi,
Version 3.0.2.5 is valid till 27th july, 2007.
We planned to update Alpha version before this but could not do so. We are planning a version coming thursday.
Still if someone wants to install this version, he should change his system date prior to 27th july, 2007, install the firewall and then he can switch back his system date to what it should be.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks
-umesh

That may be what you're running up against.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Buggy - BugMeNot.com Shared Account

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2007, 11:19:30 AM »
My Network Icon in the Systray is now missing in action, it was there prior to installing the latest Alpha version. It can not be restored by going into the network card properties like Windows 2000 Pro/Windows XP.

Offline Ted_G

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2007, 10:24:10 PM »
Same issue here, Network Icon in the system tray is missing.
Windows: A 64-bit/32-bit extension to a 16-bit GUI on an 8-bit OS written for a 4-bit architecture by a 2-bit company who can not stand 1-bit of competition.

Offline Ted_G

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2007, 08:58:29 PM »
May be considered by some as bad etiquette, although with no replies this calls for a bump.

Bump.
Windows: A 64-bit/32-bit extension to a 16-bit GUI on an 8-bit OS written for a 4-bit architecture by a 2-bit company who can not stand 1-bit of competition.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
FYI Ted, ***BUMP*** isn't necessarily considered bad etiquette here. Sometimes we all get tied down and things can fall through the cracks. In these cases a reminder is usually appreciated.

I can't assist you at the moment as I've uninstalled the CFP V3 alpha so I could reinstall CFP V2.4 and continue to provide support for users on the old version (I figured there were enough eager beavers trying the V3 alpha). Hopefully one of these eager beavers will pick up your bump. If you've had no joy in a day or two, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Ted_G

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2007, 11:20:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I have moved to V 3.0.7.208, although same issue persists with that version.

soyabeaner

« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2007, 11:24:52 PM »
Now that beta is out this thread closes in:

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek