Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.22.327 BETA with Threatcast Released![Locked]  (Read 111708 times)

Offline JJasper

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Threatcast Feedback Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
I will try an uninstall and reinstall see if it clears up for me.

John

Nope, it is still the same after 2 uninstalls and reinstalls, with reg cleaning and reboots in between.

XP Home 32 Bit,
CFP 3.0.22.327, Avast 4.8, BoClean, CMF.

This morning all is fine.  I guess it took the third reboot!  -John
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:56:45 AM by JJasper »

sded

Re: Can the .327 BETA be installed over the released .320?
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
Your "new network" is a default self-assigned address from your computer, often because you are unable to access a dhcp server.  But you say your internet connection is working fine.  Are you an ICS server? What is your network configuration?  You can go to miscellaneous/settings/general and uncheck "automatically detect new networks"

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.22.327 BETA with Threatcast Released!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »
3.0.22 won't import pre-3.0.22 rules sets and configs. :'(
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline fhkh

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »
Your "new network" is a default self-assigned address from your computer, often because you are unable to access a dhcp server.  But you say your internet connection is working fine.  Are you an ICS server? What is your network configuration?  You can go to miscellaneous/settings/general and uncheck "automatically detect new networks"

I have no fancy network at home, I just use the SMC Barricade  ADSL modem router and I enable the local DHCP where the DNS address is different with this one.  The 169 is register in US, I thought that is from the threatcast community network, but I am not sure so I choose to uninstall it at the moment.
I also not in ICS server, I am not a fan of chatting.....

Best REgards.

sded

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 09:31:25 PM »
Could be the 169.254.x.x address is used to accumulate the threatcast data, but no info on that yet from the developers.  ???

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 12:31:36 AM »
the quality of the stats/feedback will gradually get better.

The omly poblem I see with you logic Melih is ha moe often than not User will allow rather than block in order to not have problem wit programs so as time goes on you may develop a da base show higher peceentage of Allows and from this users will assume an action is safe to Allow

I hope not but this is my fear

OD
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Josh123

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 01:49:24 AM »
This looks good...  :BNC

Josh.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 01:51:28 AM »
The omly poblem I see with you logic Melih is ha moe often than not User will allow rather than block in order to not have problem wit programs so as time goes on you may develop a da base show higher peceentage of Allows and from this users will assume an action is safe to Allow

I hope not but this is my fear

OD
I think thats why they started it in the Beta with no import.
They hope that the users that try it will know want to do ;D
Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.9 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 33 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Josh123

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 01:54:20 AM »
By the way Melih/Egemen/ or whoever else that knows...

More services will be added to Threatcast, right?

Josh.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 02:03:29 AM »
Is anybody running this Beta in XP in a limited account and keeping rules made after shutdown of CPF3?
I had to change this account to admin to keep rules made it appears not to allow writing to the registry in limited account.
I tried it in CleanPC Mode checked it had the rules closed CPF3 on starting the rules where gone and it was back in Paranoid Mode in limited account.
Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.

Josh123

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 02:11:49 AM »

In the example Egemen posted for this announcement , 9 people voted to "ALLOW". My interpretation (hypothetically) is that the 1st person (could have) made a wild and bad guess, and the next 8 people simply followed the 1st off a cliff... Or there are just some idoits out there!

I hope I'm wrong - but I'd like to see security software use more sophisticated algorithms based on REAL threat analysis, and not allow critical system protection to be governed by a Gallup Poll.

This was a quote from Wilders... But I added on to it!

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 02:16:42 AM »

In the example Egemen posted for this announcement , 9 people voted to "ALLOW". My interpretation (hypothetically) is that the 1st person (could have) made a wild and bad guess, and the next 8 people simply followed the 1st off a cliff... Or there are just some idoits out there!

I hope I'm wrong - but I'd like to see security software use more sophisticated algorithms based on REAL threat analysis, and not allow critical system protection to be governed by a Gallup Poll.

This was a quote from Wilders... But I added on to it!
My hope is that they will filter the results they get back.
Dennis

Offline condar

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 02:17:29 AM »
CFP is running with no problems in my XP sp2... (:CLP)   :BNC

2 important things:

1.-  I can't import my configuration   (:AGY)
2.- My password in the text box was visible ... I was expecting the classic "********" string  (:TNG)

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 02:27:34 AM »
Could be the 169.254.x.x address is used to accumulate the threatcast data, but no info on that yet from the developers.  ???
I do no think so screenshot below for my network zones.
I receive the results from Threadcast with out any other ip address.
Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline fhkh

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 04:34:58 AM »
The problem was that  as soon as I installed the CFP 3.0.22.327 and activated the threadcast, the firewall always identified the first network which was my home network that had a dns which I am familiar with.  After that the  CFP 3.0.22.327 identified the second network that had dns 169.xxx and asked me to accept it or not.  Of course I  rejected this request. 
I initially thought probably one of the other computer in my network got contaminated with trojan or malware, but why it was only happen after I installed CFP 3.0.22.327?  Once I backed to the old CFP 3.0.20.320 there was not such a problem.  The old CFP 3.0.20.320 only identified my home network, it was never asked me about the second one.
I am sorry that I can't explain in technical term because I am not a computer software or hardware engineer.
At the moment I back to my old CFP 3.0.20.320

Best Regards.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek