Author Topic: Comodo Firewall 2.3.2.21 BETA Available  (Read 17090 times)

Offline bernaar

Re: Comodo Firewall 2.3.2.21 BETA Available
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2006, 04:11:05 PM »
All of the security options were off and couldn't be enabled. I tried it on 2 different windows 2003 machines and had the same results with both.
I just tried the latest beta with the same results as well.

This is from the windows event viewer.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
CmdMon
Inspect

I have the same problem.....

Other security software installed:Trojan Hunter,ProcessGuard,Spyware Terminator,AVG Free Edition and SuperAntispyware.

At 1st,I thought that 1 of those caused that problem,so I disabled them 1 by 1 for the de-installing and re-installing procedure of the 2.3.2.21 beta,still no go after every 1 of them was disabled.
Then I reverted back to the stable release,and the security monitoring modules were loaded again.

Offline RejZoR

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2006, 06:35:55 PM »
So this beta is already using new installer? If yes, will it update to stable version when it comes out automatically or will i have to uninstall the BETA and install stable release again?

Thx

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2006, 08:08:27 PM »
So this beta is already using new installer? If yes, will it update to stable version when it comes out automatically or will i have to uninstall the BETA and install stable release again?

Thx

Yes, the beta already uses Comodo's own installer and has for a while.  The updater in the beta does not work so you will have to uninstall it to install the stable release.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline RejZoR

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2006, 08:35:46 PM »
Ok, then i'll wait till 24th august...

Offline Chuck

• Comodo Member
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2006, 09:59:45 PM »
Ok, then i'll wait till 24th august...

It'll be hard, but I guess I'll wait also.  Just about when the firewall would be "settled" I'd have to reinstall it...

Since I use the current non-beta build, will the updater work, or because the installer has changed, will I have to uninstall and reinstall anyway?  Thanks.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2006, 10:12:03 PM »
It'll be hard, but I guess I'll wait also.  Just about when the firewall would be "settled" I'd have to reinstall it...

Since I use the current non-beta build, will the updater work, or because the installer has changed, will I have to uninstall and reinstall anyway?  Thanks.

Your current update will work when the next version is live.

Melih

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek