Author Topic: Comodo Firewall 2.3.2.21 BETA Available  (Read 17089 times)

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Firewall 2.3.2.21 BETA Available
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 09:34:04 PM »
Yep, that'll do it  :D

(R)
Comodo: CIS 11.X (latest version)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »
I run it in "High", maybe that's why :)
 (V)
Yes at high will ask for every port.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 12:07:31 AM »
2.3.2.21 doesn't play nice with Novell Client 4.90.2 SP2. LAN access and Netware login fail. Utterly.

This isn't a biggie - I was just trying to find out what would happen in this particular environment

Now I know - nothing! ::)

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline slinkygn

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 03:05:47 AM »
No. Not yet. You will be able to modify intrusion detection parameters in the future versions.

WOO HOO! :-)
I was thrilled that protocol logging was finally added, but this is icing on the cake!  I longed for the customizability of a firewall like Jetico, but actually maintained :-) and with a better interface so I could recommend it to a wider range of people.  Sounds like we're getting there!

Since the ActiveSync problems I was having went away with the release of ActiveSync 4.2, and the newer betas have all been running stable, I'm scratching my head for additional bugs or wish list items to add to my list -- you guys seem to have it covered!

Someone else mentioned some problems with the Novell client software; as I'm in a college town, and a number of colleges use Netware, having a solution for that would allow me to recommend it to those folks as well.  And maybe an option in the uninstaller to keep the old ruleset in the registry so we don't have to reestablish all of them when installing a new beta would be nice. :-)

Offline drAgon

• Comodo Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 04:38:47 AM »
Yes at high will ask for every port.

Is it ok to run it in 'High" or better go back to "Medium". If better go back, how to do it, because if I can remember that choice was during initial setup?
 (V)

Offline streetwolf

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 07:24:49 AM »
Even though I check the option, "Basic popup logic", it will eventually lose the checkmark when I display the option again in the future.  It's not immediate mind you, it takes some time for it to go away.    It is possible that rebooting causes this to happen though I am not sure.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:26:54 AM by streetwolf »

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 07:28:58 AM »
Even though I check the option, "Basic popup logic", it will eventually lose the checkmark when I display the option again in the future.  It's not immediate mind you, it takes some time for it to go away.    It is possible that rebooting causes this to happen though I am not sure.

This is normal.  This option will be removed in the final version and be replaced with a sliding scale to choose between low and a very high number of popups.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Challenger

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 09:41:16 AM »
Begin installation of new beta but a popup instructed me to remove older version... good so far. Windows removal didn't fully do the job so used a my uninstaller to finish removal. Again I received the notice to remove older version so I took Easy Cleaner and CCleaner to clean the registry. Still another notification to remove older version. I took Regseeker and it pulled up over 70 entries that I had to remove and a couple were stubborn but finally came out after cleaning out all others. The installation was now successful and everything working fine. I post this for those who are not familiar with registy cleaners. Some refinement here will make it a lot easier for those who are not so pc savvy but of course we are still beta here. Keep up the good work.

THANKS FOR A GREAT FIREWALL.

Challenger

Offline streetwolf

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 09:49:06 AM »
I don't want to sound like I am beating a 'dead horse' but is the problem I reported in this thread regarding the feature 'Scan for known applications' not working correctly being looked at or at least recognized as a problem?

Thanks.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 10:52:32 AM »
2.3.2.21 doesn't play nice with Novell Client 4.90.2 SP2. LAN access and Netware login fail. Utterly.

This isn't a biggie - I was just trying to find out what would happen in this particular environment

Now I know - nothing! ::)

Ewen :-)

Hi Ewen,

Can you please check your logs for possible causes? Any BLOCK log?

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 10:55:22 AM »
I don't want to sound like I am beating a 'dead horse' but is the problem I reported in this thread regarding the feature 'Scan for known applications' not working correctly being looked at or at least recognized as a problem?

Thanks.

Hi streetwolf,

We have that issue in our list. It should scan for all fixed drives. If not, there is something wrong.

Offline slinkygn

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 12:04:14 PM »
Out of curiosity...

is the "How would you rate Comodo Personal Firewall? and what to improve?" thread in the CPF section of the forum still being looked at for suggestions and fixes?  Or should we be posting that sort of thing here?

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 12:09:47 PM »
Out of curiosity...

is the "How would you rate Comodo Personal Firewall? and what to improve?" thread in the CPF section of the forum still being looked at for suggestions and fixes?  Or should we be posting that sort of thing here?

Hi,

If you have a new feature request, you need to post it to CPF wishlist. For bugs or minor improvements you can use this section or the thread you mentioned.

Egemen

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 02:23:59 PM »
Hi,

If you have a new feature request, you need to post it to CPF wishlist. For bugs or minor improvements you can use this section or the thread you mentioned.

Egemen

Hi, Egemen.

I have two little requests:
1. Add a verbose mode for Network Monitor, that should log every packet mostly those that are
allowed. (it will help when testing)
2. On the Network monitor rules is it possible instead of IP range to give us also the ability to select not continous LAN IPs? Lets say something like this:
Source IP =
                    Multiple IP of the same lan = 192-168-1-X
                    X = a set of the adresses in the domain  coma sparated from 0 to 255 = 0,3,15,162,...,255

This one will help security especially on wifi-lans

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 02:43:11 PM »
Hi, Egemen.

I have two little requests:
1. Add a verbose mode for Network Monitor, that should log every packet mostly those that are
allowed. (it will help when testing)
2. On the Network monitor rules is it possible instead of IP range to give us also the ability to select not continous LAN IPs? Lets say something like this:
Source IP =
                    Multiple IP of the same lan = 192-168-1-X
                    X = a set of the adresses in the domain  coma sparated from 0 to 255 = 0,3,15,162,...,255

This one will help security especially on wifi-lans

Sure. Can you please also post this to our wishlist?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek