Author Topic: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta for XP/Vista x32 and x64 is now available! :) [CLOSED]  (Read 42846 times)

Offline ashu

• Comodo Family Member
  • Better burnout than fade away...
Re: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta for XP/Vista x32 and x64 is now available! :)
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2007, 05:22:13 AM »
Spyware Doctor identified keenvalue wich is an adware used by eUniverse in folders created by comodo.Are you using this third party software? if yes this is not good as Spyware Doctor has always identified keenvalue as an Adware before you bundled it with comodo.

I seriously hope its not ture.. :'(

but if it's true..........its bad! (:SAD)

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 05:25:56 AM »
I seriously hope its not ture.. :'(

but if it's true..........its bad! (:SAD)

No, it's not true.  See Melih's reply below:

Thank you for your post.

We did not bundle anything with CFP!!!

1)make sure the files are not legitimate Comodo files being falsely identified as something else
2)once done that, pls report to spyware doctor people as a false positive.

We do NOT bundle anything with our software.

Melih
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline ashu

• Comodo Family Member
  • Better burnout than fade away...
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2007, 06:00:08 AM »
No, it's not true.  See Melih's reply below:

ohh....i must have missed that part..... (:TNG)

:Beer

ashu

Offline Polish CPF Supporter

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2007, 06:36:39 AM »
Great improvement! Thank you Comodo  :BNC. I have Spyware Doctor 5 on my PC, and so far there are no any problems with compatibility.

Offline PegHorse

• Comodo Loves me
    • Comparatif en vidéo des Suites de Sécurité
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »
Well maybe Spyware Doctor has an agreement to Norton Internet Security so, they clam all free firewalls bundle any spywares :)
Just jealous ^^

What i'm trying to say is Norton is the biggest joke in the world, and everyone have it, at least every novice users got this when they buy any computer and think its good product... some are buying licenses looool ...
I love to see the adware "Norton 360, we are protecting everyone" of course... and you make excellent chicken too and we are all invited to test it and doh, we will go to hospital after o_O But that's correct because its Norton... I suppose you all guys understand where is my point of view ^^!

Man, by giving us the beta before the date, i was happy to have such surprise ^^
I use Comodo 2.4 since a while, so much LIGHT for my system and working so great so i promise, i will report everythings it could be usefull :)

Offline MCD

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2007, 01:18:13 PM »
Couple of questions for you Comodo Gurus.

1: I noticed that install does not disable the windows firewall. Do you guys disable this or leave it be?
2: How do you get the firewall to let you browse your local network? I can't get it to work no matter how many rules I set up.

Also, thanks for such a powerful firewall. I can't wait to see the final product!  (L)  (S)  :BNC

Thanks for any help!

Offline carioca

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2007, 01:38:30 PM »
 (R) (:CLP)

Congratulations Comodo Team,

You got a good job! Keep up growing up like that because now You have the best firewall in the world! None will surpass it! Best Regards.

(R)

:Beer

Offline Aloa

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »
I really appreciate your software and I even posted it on some hmmmm sites so people can get yours instead of some you never know where it comes from.
I am impressed and have to say i also just screwed up. Restored my comp and since the regular comodo would not install I installed f-secure trial for the time beiing. Brrrrrrrrr, now I will restore again (5 minutes) and then install the beta version. Thanks for a great progam.  (:CLP)  :BNC

Offline dansx6

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2007, 10:07:24 PM »
I have been using Vista Ultimate x64 since April and I wasn't very happy with the "new and improved" MS firewall.  There were very few options out there, especially free options.  I have been using the CFP alphas and I have just installed the beta.  I must say that this software has been installing and running almost flawlessly for me.  I use NOD32 and there is no conflict with CFP.  The new beta is better than many final releases.  Thank you Melih! :Beer

Offline Brook

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2007, 01:10:08 AM »
Just want to say thanks for this! Been waiting for it for a while since reading COMODO is one of the best firewalls out there!  I'll be using it on Vista 64bit... fingers crossed it goes well :)

PS are there any other COMODO products that work with 64bit vista?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:16:37 AM by Brook »

fOrTy_7

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2007, 02:34:56 AM »
PS are there any other COMODO products that work with 64bit vista?

It's stated that BOClean works with Vista 64bit.

Offline salty10is

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2007, 08:54:08 AM »
The new best Vista firewall!! javascript:void(0);
Kewl

Offline adchia

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Member
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
*sigh* But not for windows 2000
Current Setup:
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4
Anti-Spyware: Spyware Terminator
Anti-Virus: Comodo Antivirus 2.0.8.20
Registry Cleaners: Regseeker (modified exclude.ini), Easycleaner, CCleaner
Disk Cleaners: Find Junk Files 3.00, Disk Cleaner, CCleaner, Dustbuster

Offline NagyI

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
1: I noticed that install does not disable the windows firewall. Do you guys disable this or leave it be?
I'm always disabling it to avoid conflicts between the two firewalls. Anyway Comodo is a lot better than the builtin Windows Firewall :D
2: How do you get the firewall to let you browse your local network? I can't get it to work no matter how many rules I set up.
By myself this worked: First, i defined a new network zone called "Local LAN" here: Firewall -> Common Tasks -> My Network, then added an address definiton to it. For example enter here an IP range which includes all of the machines on your network. After this go to the Firewall Stealth Configuration (same page) and select "I would like to be completly visible from within a trusted network", then select your network that you created one step before. The firewall creates new global rules for you. Now you can browse on network computers but others can't browse on you.
To fix this, go to Firewall -> Advanced -> Network Security Policy and edit svchost.exe's and System's rules so they can access completly your local network (the base setup only allows outgoing connections, but you must enable incoming connections from the other machines on your network). Hopefully this helps you. (ps: my english is bad, so forgive me for this)

By the way, thank you Melih for this wonderful beta. It works like a charm on my Vista 32bit :BNC
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:28:53 PM by nagyi »

Offline samw

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2007, 07:35:07 PM »
Just done the File Sharing test at 'Shields Up' and this was the result with CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta for XP x32.

Attempting connection to your computer. . .
Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!
   Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.
   Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

As you can see there are some very good results.
Just like to congratulate you on producing a very good product for FREE.

(V)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek