Author Topic: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta for XP/Vista x32 and x64 is now available! :) [CLOSED]  (Read 42844 times)

Offline kuro-tsuno

Re: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta for XP/Vista x32 and x64 is now available! :)
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 01:50:23 PM »
Had to unistall it security center does not detect it as a firewall. Obviously beta but still it doesn't detect  it. On restart I got BSOD and did so 3 times I unistalled the beta and it loads up fine now.

Its a beta and I understand there are bugs.

I definetly think there are things you may want to look at. I'm not one to want to have to mess around with my firewall I just like it installed and for me to allow the programes I use to access the internet if need be.

The UI in my experience looking at the UI of 2.4 on my xp pc's and this its just not at all friendly. I definetly think you might want look into changing it so its more friendly.

Not that I don't like security but in my mind the only popups I want from my firewall is ones from programes asking permision to access the internet. Defense plus couldn't really get my head around it.

For the short time I used it I did like it I just found certain aspects of it not at all friendly and seems for me anyway the BSOD bug is still there.

Offline macobas

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A BETA SOFTWARE WHICH MEANS IT HAS BUGS IN IT. PLEASE DO NOT USE IT IN ANY OTHER MACHINE BUT A TEST MACHINE FOR TESTING PURPOSES.

Download URLs:
XP/Vista x32
http://download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.7.208_XP_Vista_x32_BETA.exe
(size : 18.3 MB)

XP/Vista x64
http://download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.7.208_XP_Vista_x64_BETA.exe
(size : 37.6 MB )

Setup Changes:
1. Setup sizes are larger than previous release as we have added lot more safe files information with it, which has resulted in increase of setup size.
2. Installation time will be slightly higher than previous version as extraction of safe list takes some time, somewhere between 3-6 minutes.
3. x64 setup is larger as it's not compressed while x32 is compressed.

Known Bugs:
1. Profile option may crash on Vista x32 and x64.
2. Show balloon option changes goes into effect after firewall application is restarted.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A BETA SOFTWARE WHICH MEANS IT HAS BUGS IN IT. PLEASE DO NOT USE IT IN ANY OTHER MACHINE BUT A TEST MACHINE FOR TESTING PURPOSES.

Thank you for all your help in testing and reporting the bugs. The sooner we can test and report the bugs the sooner we can have a release version.

thank you all  (CLY)

Melih

Downloaded, installed, absolutely blown away...

If this beta has any bug that forces me to uninstsall it I'll have to kill somebody... (:WIN)

CFP V3 has raised the bar to unreachable heights!

(:CLP)

Offline Jack Bauer

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »
Screenshots?!!! Where are the screenshots!!!  (:SAD)

Offline ForceField

• Comodo Member
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »
Why is Comodo Detected as a spyware by 'Spyware Doctor'?

Here is a Screenshot:

[attachment deleted by admin]

fOrTy_7

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »
Screenshots?!!! Where are the screenshots!!!  (:SAD)
Here you are.

Offline goranpaa

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
I tried the Beta 3 for XP.

But had to uninstall it after a shot while, unfortunatly. But it's a Beta.

Would'nt start with Windows. Had to manually start it from the shortcut.

And slowed down the start up for my other programs to a crawl.

Pity, as it othervice seemed to behave well. Really liked the interface!!!

The only real gripe is the persisting Battlefield 2 problems, that makes my teeth grind. Grrr!
And yeah, I have tried all the normal tricks that have been suggested for BF2 before. The Sygate fw, did'nt have any problems launching BF2 correctly.

I really hope this is solved when the final is out.

You cant have the fw, asking a lot of questions after the game is launched!
BF2, can't be CTRL + ALT + Delete back to the desk in 99% of the cases. It just locks up!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 05:37:31 PM by goranpaa »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2007, 05:41:56 PM »
Why is Comodo Detected as a spyware by 'Spyware Doctor'?

Here is a Screenshot:

please ask Spyware Doctor as to why they are falsely identifying Comodo.

thank you.
Melih

Offline gnfpt

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2007, 07:42:22 PM »
Are you going to release a Windows 2K version?

~/gnfpt

VaMPiRiC_CRoW

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2007, 07:47:17 PM »
I would like to help, but it seems that you don't want, so I already uninstalled this version...

Offline Coolio10

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2007, 07:54:42 PM »
Are you going to release a Windows 2K version?

~/gnfpt

Unfortunately not due to the huge differences.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline ForceField

• Comodo Member
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »
please ask Spyware Doctor as to why they are falsely identifying Comodo.

thank you.
Melih

Spyware Doctor identified keenvalue wich is an adware used by eUniverse in folders created by comodo.Are you using this third party software? if yes this is not good as Spyware Doctor has always identified keenvalue as an Adware before you bundled it with comodo.

Remember what happened with Ad-aware:the day they stopped considering WhenU as a spyware,a lot of people stopped using their software because they no more trusted them.Any bad publicity now will not make comodo any good.

Please,don't get me wrong,I always used the 2.4 version and always trusted comodo.I don't have to remind you that I am also a big fan of yours and will always be.I am still using comodo even after it has been detected as a spyware.But 'Spyware Doctor' is recognized as one of the top Anti-adware program and a lot of people trust him blindly.This isn't good for comodo

I am a coder and I really like your work in this firewall:understand me that I am protecting Comodo with this post.

I hope that I am wrong.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:30:52 PM by ForceField »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 09:32:36 PM »
Spyware Doctor identified keenvalue wich is an adware used by eUniverse in folders created by comodo.Are you using this third party software? if yes this is not good as Spyware Doctor has always identified keenvalue as an Adware before you bundled it with comodo.

Remember what happened with Ad-aware:the day they stopped considering WhenU as a spyware,a lot of people stopped using their software because they no more trusted them.Any bad publicity now will not make comodo any good.

Please,don't get me wrong,I always used the 2.4 version and always trusted comodo.I don't have to remind you that I am also a big fan of yours and will always be.I am still using comodo even after it has been detected as a spyware.But 'Spyware Doctor' is recognized as one of the top Anti-adware program and a lot of people trust him blindly.This isn't good for comodo

I am a coder and I really like your work in this firewall:understand me that I am protecting Comodo with this post.

I hope that I am wrong.

Thank you.

Thank you for your post.

We did not bundle anything with CFP!!!

1)make sure the files are not legitimate Comodo files being falsely identified as something else
2)once done that, pls report to spyware doctor people as a false positive.

We do NOT bundle anything with our software.

Melih

Offline Mirage

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 11:08:50 PM »
Woot its seems the long wait has arrived, upon hearing Comodo3 I been continuously coming back to the forum to check it out but no news, this news is one great one.

I begining to feel the power of Comodo v3 calling me to test him out and feel his wrath to protect my computer.  :BNC :Beer

Good one Melih you proven alot of things which comercial software lacks of which is one thing which you and other moderators and the company will shine even brighter. Continue the battle against comerical firewall and soon comodo will be a winner. Anyway Comodo had already been a winner in the freeware market, the strongest most reliable, firewall for all type of level users. (B)

Offline foxman

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2007, 12:18:09 AM »
Er...... is it the right place to ask? How do I "import" my CFP 2.4 setting into this CFP3 beta? will hate to have to set them up all over again... anybody help pls?

fOrTy_7

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2007, 02:34:16 AM »
Continue the battle against comerical firewall and soon comodo will be a winner. Anyway Comodo had already been a winner in the freeware market, the strongest most reliable, firewall for all type of level users. (B)

I don't know have you seen this, but it's already happened :).

How do I "import" my CFP 2.4 setting into this CFP3 beta?

AFAIK you can't do that.

Also, there is a problem with remembering the new learned rules after reboot (at least in some cases). Can we expect a hotfix for that? It's kinda hard to test it if CFP loose all the settings :-\.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:38:34 AM by fOrTy_7 »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek