Author Topic: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta Bug Reports [Closed]  (Read 58229 times)

Offline Simplicity

• Comodo Family Member
Re: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 11:43:41 PM »
ok, got another one, and this one to me is a real BIG one...

After DELETING every single pre-defined rule I could find in the firewall (I really do not like a program defining what is safe, I prefer to do that myself), I decided to test it out by opening one or two programs onto the Internet...

Comodo DOES NOT stop Internet Explorer from communicating with the Internet (remembering of course that I have deleted all predefined rules from Comodo) -0 it quite happily connected to the net, but loaded any page I wanted it to do.

This to me is a very serious security breech, if there are no rules at all, then in theory Comodo should notify me if ANYTHING wants to get out, wether its a browser or a virus...

Ohh I almost forgot to mention one other little thing...

I cannot end task on cmdagent.exe in task manager (this is after I have exited the firewall on the taskbar itself) - how come?? is there a reason I cannot end task on cmdagent.exe??
I would have thought if I wanted to close all instances of a program for a reason, I should be allowed to.. (In this case I wanted to close all instances so I could uninstall it ready for reinstalling..)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 11:51:56 PM by Simplicity »

Offline jasper2408

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 12:09:13 AM »
Cannot get the log to work if I have the date set current. I have no log entries in the first window but the More window will show all of the entries listed in yesterday and have today's date.

If I set my system date to yesterday then I get log entries showing as current in all log windows.

This is weird as it all worked before. Might need to do a reinstall again to see if that fixes it.

jasper

EDIT: Did a reinstall of the firewall and still no log entries for the current day. Will keep digging.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:30:20 AM by jasper2408 »
CFP 3.0.22.327beta  CMF   Avast Pro  SAS Pro Sandboxie Win XP PRO SP2 (x32)

Someone

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »

After DELETING every single pre-defined rule I could find in the firewall (I really do not like a program defining what is safe, I prefer to do that myself), I decided to test it out by opening one or two programs onto the Internet...

Comodo DOES NOT stop Internet Explorer from communicating with the Internet (remembering of course that I have deleted all predefined rules from Comodo) -0 it quite happily connected to the net, but loaded any page I wanted it to do.

Perhaps the bug is that it did not delete the rules? The GUI shows no rules, but where it matters (registry?) they are still there?

Offline xStylezx

• Comodo Member
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:10 AM »
I cannot end task on cmdagent.exe in task manager (this is after I have exited the firewall on the taskbar itself) - how come?? is there a reason I cannot end task on cmdagent.exe??
I would have thought if I wanted to close all instances of a program for a reason, I should be allowed to.. (In this case I wanted to close all instances so I could uninstall it ready for reinstalling..)

Not completely sure but that could be termination protection stopping you from doing that

skyper42

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 01:03:58 AM »
Windows Security Center (XP Pro) doesn't seem to detect Comodo properly for me.  It says "COMODO Firewall Pro reports that it is currently turned off."

Comodo beta seems to be working fine though.

Same problem here.  Getting security center icon in sys. tray and pop-up.

Offline jasper2408

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 02:37:17 AM »
Cannot get the log to work if I have the date set current. I have no log entries in the first window but the More window will show all of the entries listed in yesterday and have today's date.

If I set my system date to yesterday then I get log entries showing as current in all log windows.

This is weird as it all worked before. Might need to do a reinstall again to see if that fixes it.

jasper

EDIT: Did a reinstall of the firewall and still no log entries for the current day. Will keep digging.

I ended up doing a Winsock fix as my connection was messed up by the BSOD's. I finally got the V3 beta and CAVS and CBOC to play together nice. I even have my logs back. This started when I installed CMG and things went to heck after that.

Now I can boot without getting BSOD's and I am able to change settings on all 3 programs without any trouble.

By the way, I love this firewall. 

jasper
CFP 3.0.22.327beta  CMF   Avast Pro  SAS Pro Sandboxie Win XP PRO SP2 (x32)

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 04:39:44 AM »
I went to "Firewall Stealth Configuration" and set "I'd like to be completely invisible". Comodo replies that The firewall is set accordingly. When I go back to check, the default (?) "I'd like to be completely visible from within a trusted network" is set.

Same thing here!

/LA

Offline Hergest

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 04:44:11 AM »
You need to add a network rule saying 2234 coming in is ok.

Read here: http://forums.comodo.com/faq_for_comodo_firewall/emule_and_bittorent_tuttorials-t411.0.html;msg2529#msg2529

That was for the version 2 but should be easy enough to follow if you find where the network rules are located.
I never had to do that with V2.  It doesn't seem necessary now either - I've got it working now, but I don't know why, what I did etc ;-)

I believe uPnP uses port 2869 which is handled by svchost.exe.  This is currently set to "Outgoing Only" (is that the default?).  Comodo was blocking this activity, so I tried various times to make svchost.exe a trusted app, and then restart my router and SoulSeek to get it to make uPnP requests again.  I was still getting blocked activity in the firewall events window.

I went to Shields Up (http://www.grc.com/) and did a port scan, which showed that the port was open when the application was running.  I closed the application, and the port scan status then showed stealth.  Everything now seems fine.  My svchost.exe is still "outgoing only", and I have not entered a global rule for port 2234.

I think you were saying I needed a global rule before "block all incoming requests" to allow port 2234 incoming traffic.  However, SoulSeek application rule allows all IP In and Out from IP Any to IP Any, so surely it isn't necessary to tell Comodo to allow 2234 inbound as a global rule (which wouldn't then block it if the app wasn't running?).

Offline Hergest

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »
The IP address node values seem to get reversed when I restart Comodo.  eg. I had entered a network zone "192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.255", which now says "2.1.168.192 - 255.1.168.192".

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 05:04:30 AM »
There are multiple (three) rules for BOClean, but they all show exactly the same properties when I click "Edit...". See image below.

(Running XP SP2 32bit)

Thanks,
/LA

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline grampa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 05:10:53 AM »
Hi Simplicity,
As xStylezx already guessed this could be termination protection. But if you want to uninstall CFP you could simply do it in safe mode. No CFP component should be loaded in safemode so that you can easily un- and reinstall CFP without having to end any CFP-related processes.
Hope that helps,
grampa.
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." (Douglas Adams)

Offline PJK

• Comodo Member
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 05:29:15 AM »
Vista 32 here.

I have the same problem I had with 3.0.2.5. Alpha. After install and reboot my system BSOD's every time it starts Vista.

None of these BSOD's generates a Minidump (which probably means it's a very severe crash).

Following the tip in http://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/possible_bsod_solution-t10805.0.html I've set Defense+ to Allow All via Safe Mode and the BSOD's are gone.

I will try and determine which other software is causing this crash, but this will take some time.

Anybody else with this same problem, please also try to find the cause of the BSOD, so we can have this fixed in the release version.

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2007, 06:00:30 AM »
Same issue that I had with version 3.0.2.5 - My Network Icon in the system tray is still missing.

Another issue too, my anti-virus application keeps saying "C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Common\DB\DDB\DLL\327.sld" is infected with a virus.

What anti-virus have you got?
Also, try submiting the file to virustotal.com and/or http://virusscan.jotti.org/.
You should contact your antivirus company about this thru their forum or mail.

Ragwing

Offline starley

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2007, 06:45:10 AM »
Helo, Comodo staff!
Sorry for my poor engl.

minor bug in Add Rule window -> Source(or Dist.) port tab.  I check SET OF PORTS checkbox and 3 kind of ports to choose on the right side. Then I change my mind and check ANY. And when I check back to SET OF PORTS there are mess of ports.
I think that bug has no any influence to security but to usability.

THANK COMODO!!! (L)

Offline ramancars

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 08:43:34 AM »
The IP address node values seem to get reversed when I restart Comodo.  eg. I had entered a network zone "192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.255", which now says "2.1.168.192 - 255.1.168.192".

Congrats to Hergest, you have the exact same "feature" as I have, reversed network zone IP addresses. This is actually VERY serious as it effectively opens up for practically all IP addresses!

For me it happens every 2nd start of CFP: IP reversed - not reversed - reversed ........

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek