Author Topic: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta Bug Reports [Closed]  (Read 58223 times)

Offline shemeta

Re: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta Bug Reports
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2007, 02:40:25 PM »
it seems i can't start KMPlayer kmplayer.exe when i am using comodo firewall. comodo doesn't even ask me about the program. same thing happens if i add it to the Defense+ as a trusted application. curious if other users experience the same problem.

cheers

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2007, 02:48:08 PM »
May not be a bug per se, but then again, maybe it is ...

The FW does not recognize changes to Security Level on the go.  In the midst of uninstalling a software, I changed the D+ level to Allow All to avoid popups or rules.  It did not stop until the uninstall was complete.  Apparently, we have to Exit the firewall and restart it for the change to take place.

Changes on the fly to v2.4 was always a bit of an issue with usability.  If not a "bug" this might want to be looked at for improving the way it handles such changes.

LM

This may not be a bug, or it may be, but there is a test to make this sure. I usually mark an unistaller process to be a trusted application. If this provide the same results of Allow all on your pc then maybe it is a compatibility bug (or that "alerts fired when allow all mode is selected" bug).

Since CPF security is based on kernel hooks a realtime response is unlikely. When CPF show an alert it has already trapped few events. These will be prompted for user interaction anyway. If you switch CPF mode when the secured process is halted and waiting for CPF user interaction then the next untrapped events should be affected by the new CPF policies.

Anyway since these dialog are waiting for CPF user interaction the allow all mode (or run as trusted) could override these but devs maybe left CPF this way to improve the overall security.

What about an apparently harmless executable that waits for a setup to run and then delivers its payload? will  that alert be covered by the setup ones? (or will it be managed to make so?)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:49:35 PM by gibran »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »
it seems i can't start KMPlayer kmplayer.exe when i am using comodo firewall. comodo doesn't even ask me about the program. same thing happens if i add it to the Defense+ as a trusted application. curious if other users experience the same problem.

cheers

if there is no Defense+ Log about KMPlayer then this should be a compatibility bug affecting your installation please post all the relevant details (OS, Security softwares and Defense+ Log about KMPlayer if any) in the corresponding topic on the 64 or 32 bit childboards.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline BNAMack

• Comodo Member
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »
Running Vista Home Premium 32 with the new reliability and performance packs installed. Had no issues during installation, except that the profiling screen popped under the install shield screen and could not be seen at first. Profiling did not lock up my system. Set to Learn Safe only after installation.

I have uninstalled this, but only because CFP could not remember settings, and answering balloons became very disruptive and frustrating. I still am impressed by this product!

Also, CFP interfered with Sidebar gadgets even after sidebar was listed as trusted. My wireless monitor never would work, but traffic monitor was granted access after a couple of restarts.
Would like to see svchost and other windows services added to safe list. I spent some unnecessary time researching unfamiliar but ultimately harmless program calls, and got tired of OK-ing indexing functions.

But these were the only issues on my version of Vista32. Passed all intrusion and leak tests 100% and did not interfere w/ my router. Again, I only uninstalled because the Rules Amnesia was getting disruptive.

Can't wait for the next release to try again. We really need a good firewall for Vista!

:THNK

Dell e521
Athlon 64x2 3800+ (2Ghz cores)
2Gb Ram
Vista 32 Home Premium (new service packs installed)

Also use: AVG antivirus, Ad-aware, CCleaner (no conflicts)

Offline kriginis

« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2007, 12:50:29 PM »
I get the same error - any idea as to how to fix... or can you just ignor?

Offline kriginis

« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »
When installing the new Beta I get the following error window pop up: The file "inspect.sys" on Comodo firewall driver disk is needed...

Can this error be ignored ???

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2007, 01:22:57 PM »
When installing the new Beta I get the following error window pop up: The file "inspect.sys" on Comodo firewall driver disk is needed...

Can this error be ignored ???
Sounds like you may have had a corrupt download.  Inspect.sys is a crucial part of the firewall core; a message like this cannot be ignored.

When you attempted to install, did you have any other security software active - antivirus, antimalware, HIPS, registry or file protection, etc?  If so, you must disable these prior to installing; the best choice is probably to install in SafeMode to make sure there are no installation conflicts.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Chocky

Rule for ICMP Time exceeded doesn't work.
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2007, 02:11:42 PM »
Hello.
After installing CFP tracert stopped to show any hosts in route except a destination one. I've tried to fix this by defining global allow rule for incoming ICMP Time exceeded packets, but nothing changed. After I've change "message" parameter of the rule to "any", tracert start to work.
CFP v3.0.7.208
Vista x64.

Offline pdezzi

« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2007, 05:08:12 AM »
Same issue that I had with version 3.0.2.5 - My Network Icon in the system tray is still missing.

Another issue too, my anti-virus application keeps saying "C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Common\DB\DDB\DLL\327.sld" is infected with a virus.
yea happened to me as well.

i dont know if this as been said already  , anything that is put in your blocked list some anti-viruses will say are unknown virus's.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2007, 12:59:47 PM »
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek