Author Topic: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta Bug Reports [Closed]  (Read 58227 times)

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »
1. If I go to "Firewall / Common Tasks", and click "View Firewall Events", the log is opened as expected. However, nothing happens when I click "More...".

Tried to reproduce this (rebooted), but I can't get it to happen again. It works now, though it didn't work before.

---

Another minor thing: installed BOClean 4.25. Wished to close a Defense+ message (image below), but it didn't go away no matter how much I clicked the "x".

/LA

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 06:00:40 PM by LeoniAquila »

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 06:29:20 PM »
I didn't install in safe-mode or anything. Although I did take the precaution of disabling CMG first.. just in case. First impressions.. very impressive.

On the first restart.. I naturally opened the GUI. I added both trusted & blocked stuff (via tasks). Then I noticed that every single display within the GUI was blank/empty. I checked CFPs registry path & that was OK. I exited CFP (closing CFP.EXE) & restarted it. All there with one minor exception. Not tried another reboot yet.

Minor exception: My Customized Safe List files are not showing up from within the GUI.. but, they are there.

edit
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:14:59 PM by kail »
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline grampa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 06:56:48 PM »
Hiya,
just found one minor bug:
I went to "Firewall Stealth Configuration" and set "I'd like to be completely invisible". Comodo replies that The firewall is set accordingly. When I go back to check, the default (?) "I'd like to be completely visible from within a trusted network" is set.
Otherwise v3 seems to work nicely (thouggh I haven't tried a lot of the many possible settings).
Cheerio,
grampa.
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." (Douglas Adams)

Offline Typo

• Comodo Member
    • http://pdehq.hyperphp.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 07:15:15 PM »
Now that you mention Avast...
I think I read something about changing Avast web shield redirect port from 80 to 12020 or something.
Ragwing

I have to try that... Will report tomorrow...

Offline ramancars

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 07:30:27 PM »
Every 2nd time I start CFP, my LAN network zone gets permuted from x.y.z.0-x.y.z.255
TO: 0.z.y.x-255.z.y.x
This happens consistently! AND I experienced the SAME strange permutations in the alpha version.

In the beta version I can not forward a port correctly through uTorrent, even though I have defined uTorrent as a trusted app. In the alpha version I could specify a single listening port for uTorrent and it worked! (my port IS forwarded correctly in my router). I also find it strange that uTorrent can not pass the port forwarding test even after I have shut down CFP - some CFP security policy seems to continue after shutting down CFP!!!!!!!!. ONLY if I set the firewall to allow all OR the LAN network zone permutiation mentioned above is in effect, uTorrent passes the port forwarding test.

EDIT: I just discovered that I needed a Global rule to allow my port. I guess any application rules are no good if they are not allowed in the global rules... 
(R)

Now writing after 1 AM, I also find it very annoying that the Firewall Events log seems to have STOPPED at midnight (no events on the 10th of august....), even though CFP has certainly blocked a lot since midnight (uTorrent for instance...).

PS. I am running Vista 32.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:20:05 AM by ramancars »

Offline Hergest

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »
Windows Security Center (XP Pro) doesn't seem to detect Comodo properly for me.  It says "COMODO Firewall Pro reports that it is currently turned off."

Comodo beta seems to be working fine though.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 08:33:12 PM »

So think of Defense + as the application monitor but with very advanced HIPS.
Not really; D+ is more like ABA and most other advanced configs from 2.4, plus CAVS HIPS, plus more plus more...

There is AppMon as part of the FW side.  It's in Network Policy.  Default settings are Learn Safe; you shouldn't see FW alerts for known apps (if you did the safelist scan); I noticed it said this meant it would approve components of those safelisted apps - it didnt' say it would approve the apps.  But I haven't seen an FW popup yet.

I'm also wondering how the "stealth" settings are supposed to work, especially for the middle one (ask me about stealth, for FW experts - sorry I don't remember exact, I'm not at a v3 computer right now).  If you utilize that, it creates a NetMon (FW Network Policy, Global Settings) rule to Allow All In.  Nothing there to indicate a prompt to the user.  Is there something else that configures that prompt?

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Hergest

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 09:13:47 PM »
As a test, I tried to run SoulSeek.  This is configured to listen on port 2234.  Comodo learnt the app and is set to allow all incoming and outgoing IP traffice from/to any IP address.

SoulSeek has a firewall and router checking feature, which reports that port 2234/tcp appears to be closed.  I can see in the firewall log that Comodo is indeed blocking traffic received on port 2234.

Why?

Offline Hergest

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 09:20:02 PM »
Only way i know to reproduce this is to just open up "View Active Connections" and thats all.After a few moments it crashes for me.

I have had Comodo windows completely lock up ("Not Responding") twice now trying to View Active Connections.  I don't get any error dialog.  I can't seem to end the Comodo Applications, and I can't kill the cfp.exe process - I have to reboot.

Offline Coolio10

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »
As a test, I tried to run SoulSeek.  This is configured to listen on port 2234.  Comodo learnt the app and is set to allow all incoming and outgoing IP traffice from/to any IP address.

SoulSeek has a firewall and router checking feature, which reports that port 2234/tcp appears to be closed.  I can see in the firewall log that Comodo is indeed blocking traffic received on port 2234.

Why?

You need to add a network rule saying 2234 coming in is ok.

Read here: http://forums.comodo.com/faq_for_comodo_firewall/emule_and_bittorent_tuttorials-t411.0.html;msg2529#msg2529

That was for the version 2 but should be easy enough to follow if you find where the network rules are located.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline Coolio10

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 09:34:26 PM »
I have had Comodo windows completely lock up ("Not Responding") twice now trying to View Active Connections.  I don't get any error dialog.  I can't seem to end the Comodo Applications, and I can't kill the cfp.exe process - I have to reboot.

Probably self-defense, atleast you know now that even if a program freezes cpf it will remain alive :D.

This happens with many applications and may be your computer setup itself causing this.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline dapreview

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 09:36:41 PM »
Using 32bit Vista. Had Alpha 3.0.2.5 installed, worked OK. Tried to install Beta 3.0.7.208. Ran the .msi, It said I must first uninstall the current (Alpha) version, and prompted me to do so. Did so, and it requested a reboot. After reboot, tried to install the beta but it gives this error and terminates: "You seem to be having Comodo Firewall Pro - BETA installed using an older version of installer. Please go to 'Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs section and uninstall Comodo Firewall Pro - BETA" ... However it is already uninstalled. Stuck. What to do?

Note, I can't re-install the old version and try to uninstall it again. Running the alpha installer says "This is an old version" and terminates.

Still stuck. Can't get Beta to even start with install. Something need be cleaned out of registry, perhaps?

Any ideas appreciated.

EDIT: That was it. Removed Comodo-related entries in registry and was able to install Beta.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:46:48 PM by dapreview »

Offline Simplicity

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 11:11:01 PM »
Ok, I have one too
When installing the new Beta I get the following error window pop up:

The file "inspect.sys" on Comodo firewall driver disk is needed...

Ummm what driver disk??? 0 I just ran an EXE file. - Will try to uninstall what it installed and try again later..

Someone

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 11:15:38 PM »
This happened to me too... I downloaded and isntalled latest build for x64... Im on XPx64...
Then installed normally and rebooted... After reboot everything went fine, but Firefox and IE didnt load any pages... They were allowed etc. I use Avast too, tried to turn it off but didnt help. Tried to turn Comodo off, didnt help... :P

And now after uninstalling Comodo, everything works as usual...
Me 3. Allow all, exit firewall, nothing worked. Only uninstalling solved the problem.
I also have Avast!, 3 strikes you're out? heh, not literally, but i tend to agree that this is the problem. I'll reinstall tomorrow.

Offline Ted_G

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 11:23:12 PM »
Same issue that I had with version 3.0.2.5 - My Network Icon in the system tray is still missing.

Another issue too, my anti-virus application keeps saying "C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Common\DB\DDB\DLL\327.sld" is infected with a virus.
Windows: A 64-bit/32-bit extension to a 16-bit GUI on an 8-bit OS written for a 4-bit architecture by a 2-bit company who can not stand 1-bit of competition.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek