Author Topic: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Questions about how it works  (Read 54556 times)

Offline kamodo

Safelist in defence+
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »
When i uninstalled previous beta which worked good btw, and installed this Rc1 i allowed my defence+ to operate in Clean pc mode. But instead of making rules by it self like it normally does i was swamped with alerts for any program, it hasn't made one rule by it self. Sorry if i have put this problem in the wrong area  :THNK

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
Re: Safelist in defence+
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »
When i uninstalled previous beta which worked good btw, and installed this Rc1 i allowed my defence+ to operate in Clean pc mode. But instead of making rules by it self like it normally does i was swamped with alerts for any program, it hasn't made one rule by it self. Sorry if i have put this problem in the wrong area  :THNK

Maybe you should try to uninstall V3 from safe mode and then look for any leftovers searching for any file/folder called comodo.
If this still doesn't work you should submit a bugreport adding all infos requested in that topic.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline kamodo

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 04:16:32 PM »
Maybe you should try to uninstall V3 from safe mode and then look for any leftovers searching for any file/folder called comodo.
If this still doesn't work you should submit a bugreport adding all infos requested in that topic.

Thanks gibran for the reply but i did try reinstalling, on reinstalling the 2nd time it did seem to be working but for what ever reason it stopped and back to the 100's of popups. i wouldn't mind knowing what i need to do to send a bug report as i haven't really had much to do with beta's previously.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 04:31:40 PM »
Thanks gibran for the reply but i did try reinstalling, on reinstalling the 2nd time it did seem to be working but for what ever reason it stopped and back to the 100's of popups. i wouldn't mind knowing what i need to do to send a bug report as i haven't really had much to do with beta's previously.

All the relevant requirement are listed in those threads:

In order to provide enough informations to fix bugs please include those infos in your posts
Please submit one bug per post and change the subject to describe your post.

1. Computer information
2. Operating System information
3. Actively-running security and utility applications
4. Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it.
5. Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
6. If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD read How submit a BSOD bugreport for additional requirements.

Actively-running security and utility applications is one important requirement.
If someting unespected occurs it should be likely due to a conflict with V3.
So it is importaqnt to list Antivirus, antispywares, Hips and such in your post.
Another useful info is a GMER report (only for 32bit OS) to attach to your bugreport.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 04:35:51 PM by gibran »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline WilliamP

• Comodo Family Member
Re: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Questions about how it works
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 05:51:05 PM »
I have gotten it working now.  :BNC

Offline AnotherOne

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
port 6881 - Free Download Manager's torrent port - to Nick55555
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »
The blocked accesses to port 6881 may be due to a torrent download attempting to contact your computer to provide portions of the torrent.  That port is used by FDM for torrent connections.  There is also the possibility that a port scanner is looking for open ports, with the known likely ports being focussed on. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:05:19 PM by AnotherOne »
What do you mean, my shoes are on the wrong feet???  These are the only feet I've got!

Offline nick55555

• Comodo Loves me
CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Strange Packet Blocking
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »
Thank you  Gibran for your reply  :) The issue will be fixed in the next version?

soyabeaner

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »
I have gotten it working now.  :BNC

Out of curisioty for others' benefit (in case they're caught in your situation), you would mind showing off your answer?

Offline Averno

• BSEE - (WISP)
Re: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- ERROR! - Missing file after Installation!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 11:26:11 PM »
Clean install of: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1

Installation OK, no problems, First I removed the beta version and all traces of it, even the folder in /program files/COMODO  so its a fresh install,  (:AGL)  after  re-booting it complained about a missing file... cfpres.dll  :THNK  it was not on /program files/COMODO/firewall  (:NRD)  BUT I found a copy of it in the "Repair" folder, So just coy it to the COMODO folder and tried again and voila!  (:WIN)  it started just fine, no problems at all, very impressive firewall, nice work! :BNC   (R)   (B)

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 12:06:56 AM »
Hi Averno,
That missing file issue can appear only when you uninstall firewall and before installing again you don't re-start system. A system 'Restart' is a must before you install again.
The simple reason is that certain files remain locked while uninstalling firewall and placed to be removed on next system re-start, so when you install firewall again and re-start system, those filse are removed. In addition to that it's always safe to re-start system after you have uninstalled firewall.

Thanks
-umesh
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 12:08:43 AM by umesh »
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Averno

• BSEE - (WISP)
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 12:29:25 AM »
Yes, you´re right "UMESH"  I did it to save one re-start  (:SHY) But experience dictates it shold be done the way you described.  (:WIN)

I also noticed a little increase in the amount of memory used in this version, not a big difference from previous beta version, but anyway is a little more.

cfp.exe -           7,712kb
cmdagent.exe - 4,280kb

Not bad anyway, since a use utorrent and eMule a lot!

Thanks a lot!
Averno

Offline pykko

• Comodo's Hero
    • Intr-o lume plina de virusi, ai un prieten
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 08:33:43 AM »
I have a question. After submitting all the files found in the "waiting for review" section of the firewall shouldn't they disappear ?
I've submitted them but Comodo still says: "5 files waiting for your review"

Offline pykko

• Comodo's Hero
    • Intr-o lume plina de virusi, ai un prieten
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 08:41:05 AM »
The second issue I want to ask about... I have defined Firefox as Web browser, but I can't access any ftp using it that way. If I set it as Trusted Application it works. Could I set it to use both policies: "Web browser and ftp client" and how ?

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 09:45:38 AM »
The second issue I want to ask about... I have defined Firefox as Web browser, but I can't access any ftp using it that way. If I set it as Trusted Application it works. Could I set it to use both policies: "Web browser and ftp client" and how ?

allow Outgoing predefined policy  allow passive ftp and http connections.

I have a question. After submitting all the files found in the "waiting for review" section of the firewall shouldn't they disappear ?
I've submitted them but Comodo still says: "5 files waiting for your review"

You have to remove those file from the list or move them to your safe or quarantined files lists.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:49:13 AM by gibran »

sded

Can't export configuration under Vista
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 10:00:40 AM »
Vista Ultimate on a Toshiba P205, Avast.  Running as Administrator.  Trying to export configuration gives error message "Unable to Export Configuration-Make sure you have enough rights for this path" no matter the path.  What needs to be done?  Didn't work in 3.0.10 either.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 10:05:20 AM by sded »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek