Author Topic: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1 General Feedback/Impressions (Not for Bug Reports)  (Read 55704 times)

Offline Niagara43

• Comodo Member
Re: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1 General Feedback/Impressions (Not for Bug Reports)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
XP pro SP2 , Mem 2GB , Atlon 4400 X2 asus board.

Un-installed SSM (detected by the installer). Run for 8 hours so far so good. I tried to launch all my applications (I have a lot). No problems except FTP passive mode where I have yo change the policy.
(Seamonkey and Firefox).
Good job in the right direction...  :BNC 
You can catch the devil, but you can't hold it long.

Offline dn3

Option to reset CFP to "Factory Defaults"?
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »
As described in the title: Is there any one-click-option to reset the settings to the installation defaults?
Please forgive me, if I just didn't find it.  ;)

Thanks!

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Option to reset CFP to "Factory Defaults"?
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »
No, I don´t believe there is. 

I think this would be a good Idea, but you would basically have to go through the wizards again as depending on your selections there could be many "Factory Default" configurations

You probably would only save yourself one reboot over uninstall and reinstall

Who knows this could end up in the Final release.  It´s up to Melih and the Devs.

I know they are very active reading and considering all the posts and suggestions in the beta forums

OD (CNY) (CWY) (J)

As described in the title: Is there any one-click-option to reset the settings to the installation defaults?
Please forgive me, if I just didn't find it.  ;)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 10:24:59 PM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline neal63

• Cathy and Gregs Website
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 02:32:58 AM »
I'm using the latest comodo firewall RC1 3.0.11.246 and it's running just fine on my pc. Hasn't slowed anything down. Running in "Clean PC" mode in the "Defense Plus" settings. I also am using Comodo BOclean 4.25., and no problems with it existing with the firewall. All in all I really appreciate the effort Comodo has put into making a very fine product for those of us who need layered protection. All of this and it's free. Thanks Comodo.  See my sig for other programs I am running.  (:CLP)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 02:36:11 AM by neal63 »
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." --Albert Einstein--

Offline rcbblgy

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »
I wish "Block and terminate application" could be added to the alerts of firewall and D+ .

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
Suggestion: Firewall alerts dialog enhancements
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »
Hallo,

V3 firewall alerts mimick thesame V2 details.
Anyway the current dialog implementation can be confusing.

I would like to suggest that V3 alert details should match V3 Firewall alert level or the user may be mislead.

Plus there should be an option to decrease the level of details a generated rule should have if the alert leve permit it.

So if an user has set a very high alert level  clicking Allow generate the usual detailed rule.
But using dropdown enabled buttons, if the user click on the down arrow part of the buttons there should be a menu listing all the other alternatives for lower alert level settings. This will add much more flexibility.

So a very high alert level dialog can create default rules with protocol ports IPs and in/out details but there will be a chance to generate less detailed rules using ANY. 

A very high alert dialog should have Five alternate rules (including the default one) an high alert dialog should have four alternate rules and so on.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
Suggestion: Defense+ alert level settings
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 08:02:10 AM »
I exchanged few PMs with rcbblgy after reading his post
http://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_3011246_rc1_general_feedbackimpressions_not_for_bug_reports-t14513.0.html;msg100759#msg100759

As I tested this I found out that is possible to generate rules without wildcards only using alerts.
If a rule is generated using a training mode (training with safe too) then there are rules with wildcard.

As I understand that this design decision was made in order to reduce rule cluttering I wish to suggest an additional option
in D+ in order to let the use choose this behaviour and override the default setting.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
Suggestion: Defense+ * and intaller policies enhanements
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 08:28:22 AM »
Defense+ * policy is a huge improvement to acknowledge the need of few users which would like a less noisy HIPS.

as I tested this new setting to harden my security I found few features I needed (please if it was not intended don't remove it)

I can override trusted/installer poilicies and I can enforce protection even if CFP gui is closed.
I've not tested this extensively but I hope I'll be able to protect only few critical places at bootup too (a way to log V3 actions during bootup would be a nice addition)

It would be nice to have a * policy to handle bootup or host protection when V3 is closed.
Another addition would be the ability to finetune the installer policy to log all the changes and an option to add some conditional ask permissions (defaut to ask nothing, this way there will be no issues because ask is much like allow, but it will be possible to create an alternate protection ask setting)

A not operation would be useful too to archieve something like NOT in this path or NOT in this registry branch.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:57:05 AM by gibran »

Offline paniccom

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 12:54:36 PM »
My posts towards the bottom of page 2 kind of got lost in the shuffle. Can someone please read them and help me determine the way you calculate memory usage. Sort of new at this and don't want to be completely in the dark.  ??? Thanks all.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »
My posts towards the bottom of page 2 kind of got lost in the shuffle. Can someone please read them and help me determine the way you calculate memory usage. Sort of new at this and don't want to be completely in the dark.  ??? Thanks all.

You are correct that's the way we all check memory usage. I have similiar values.

Offline Averno

• BSEE - (WISP)
Re: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1 General Feedback/(I would love a nice Traffic Monitor!)
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »
Something I Would love, is a nice graphical "Traffic Monitor"

Nothing fancy, thou...

With a simple "Bytes IN - Bytes OUT"
"Total Uploaded - Total Downloaded"
Would it make CFP look even better than now! 

A Cosmetic change, where...? 
Right in the summary page,
Where the actual traffic monitor stands now.

Something like the one used in Online Armor,
or a smal one like the one in Sunbelt Personal Firewall.

Just a wish, to add to the "BEST Firewall around"!     

Maybe in next version?

Thanks a Lot COMODO!!!    (R)    (V)

Offline hansi4004

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2007, 05:59:12 AM »
I wish the DNS resolution insted only the IP

I use the Firewall only.

Where is the parent?

Specify a parent? Learn the parent?

Offline fhkh

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Memory Usage
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2007, 06:35:30 AM »
I don't know if you're getting the memory usage data the way I am or if you have some special program to give it to you (please let me know). The way I'm checking is simply doing CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up Windows Task Manager. The column called 'Mem Usage' shows 3,684 K for cfp.exe. (Of courrse this number is constantly changing, but not by much. In fact, it was 1920 K most of the time). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean Comodo is using just under 4MB of RAM? Is that good compared to Norton firewall and others? BTW, I like the new version so far--no repeat pop-ups!!!

Interesting to see my memory for some Comodo product in my computer so I attached the file.
I run CFP3 RC1, CAVS 2.0.17.58, CAS (antispam) 1.01, BOC 4.25.
All of these comodo products with its support files take 98.572KB (almost 99MB)
See attachments

I think CFP3 RC1 already close to mature program, but CAVS and the others need some revisit.....

BTW I don't feel any slow down in my system so far.

Best REgards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline xiuhcoatl

• Unaffiliated Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2007, 08:53:14 AM »
Welcome to the forums hansi4004

in CFP control over the parent/child process relationship has been shifted to D+ > Advanced > Computer Security Policy > Access Right > Run an executable.  With the Computer Security Policy  it is possible to control all the child proceses and more, however without D+ I don't think you can control parent/child process relationship

Hope this helps

OD

I wish the DNS resolution insted only the IP

I use the Firewall only.

Where is the parent?

Specify a parent? Learn the parent?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:59:31 AM by Opus Dei »
When things go wrong, and they usually will,and your daily road, seems all uphill, when machines are down,and tempers high, when you try to smile, but can only cry,and you really feel you'd like to quit, don't run to me I don't give a sh*t.
(A semi retired systems analyst's credo)

Offline 1234567L

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2007, 09:09:57 AM »
in CFP control over the parent/child process relationship has been shifted to D+ > Advanced > Computer Security Policy > Access Right > Run an executable.  With the Computer Security Policy  it is possible to control all the child proceses and more, however without D+ I don't think you can control parent/child process relationship

Ok with D+ it's ok but the D+ is, sorry: big crap, too slow many problems and so on.
But the 2.4 does not have a d+ and it's work successfully.

Why does not create two version. Not all users use or want d+

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek