Author Topic: CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA General Feedback/Impressions (Not for Bug Reports)[CLOSED]  (Read 51705 times)

Offline Coolio10

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA General Feedback/Impressions (Not for Bug Reports)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 09:16:54 AM »
When a program modify a file , I want to know the path and name of the file firstly , but it is hard to find the path and name in the alerts .

Check pic. When you click the the filename it opens up information including pathname.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline Coolio10

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 09:48:05 AM »
There is one improvement I note - enhanced security. CFP no longer allows itself to be killed by task manager.

Think i found the problem. The hips is what protects process terminations but without it activated, comodo has no self protection. Do not see why it does not have the same protection option as cpf 2.4.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 11:59:01 AM »
Ragwing check my reply in bug report thread. Should work.

Yeah thanks it worked.

Ragwing

Offline MasterTB

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »

Excellent. The only feature that would be needed to make it ultimate is custom editing the alerts. I mean being able to edit I.P and ports right inside the alert window. I do not need this but those guys at wilders are perfectionists :D.

Definetly a plus for me to be able to configure the appropiate rules within the alert windows. This is the way I always did it with Kerio and I would love to be able to doit with Comodo. (BTW, Eset's new suit does it, seems they have been listening too, to basd their firewall does not have hips... )

(CLY)
AMD Phenom II 955 BE [at]3.81 Ghz.
MSI 790FX-GD70 Mobo
Sapphire HD 5830 GPU (OCed)
4GB DDR3 RAM
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty ExremegamerPro
2x1TB SATA II HDD'2
LG LED 24" Monitor

freebird

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
 (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)

wonderfull job, my hats off to you guys at comodo, Best firewall in the world

Offline foxx

• Comodo Family Member
Re: CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA - Questions about how it works
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 06:10:08 PM »
predefined port ranges are still missing port 993 in SMTP/pop ports...
I know this is imaps, but it IS used by mail clients.
So please include this port into predefined setup.

Offline mad

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 06:59:14 PM »
This version works perfectly so far (I had a few BSODs with one of the previous betas). I used the "standard" and not the "advanced" option in the installer. I also like the way programs (e.g. p2p) get forwarded (no more rule making  (:LOV) ). Looks very promising. Thanks for your hard work!  :Beer

Offline grayhair

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 08:11:48 PM »
   Just installed the latest beta.  Very little fanfare with the installation (which is a GOOD thing).  I like the wizard, I like the choices offered in the wizard, and maybe most importantly for Average Joe Computer User, the wording in the wizard seems easy enough to understand.  If AJCU just chooses the defaults (which is what I did) he/she should be fine.  The install seemed to go along with many fewer choices to make on popups (also a good thing).  I am running it on my XP.  I think this version is good (and easy) enough to put on my wife's Vista machine upstairs.  Now, I tell all of you, if my "this thing has too many buttons" wife approves of the beta firewall it is ready for primetime!!  LOL.

Nice job! 

(:KWL)    :Beer

Offline Mohan

• Comodo Loves me
Reporting & Logging Improvements
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 10:57:09 PM »
Apologies all, I am not able to find these being actively tracked or discussed in the requested features, A few GUI suggestions so the product gets more polished before the first RC

Summary - The traffic section
==================
The traffic section does not display the relative % distribution of both incoming and outgoing and connections. A spike graph display option would also be good.

Summary –> View Active Connections Or Firewall -> View Active Connections ===============================================================
The Active Connections popup doe not have a lock pane option or similar function, so if the connections are continuously being updated, the window constantly keeps getting reset and user is unable to close a connection or monitor a particular connection.

Logging & Tracking -
==========================

Move the Firewall - 'View Firewall Events' & Firewall  - 'View Defense events' and also 'View Active Connections' to a separate top level section called Logging?

Summary –> Network Defense (GUI suggestion)
========================================
Provide link on blocked intrusion attempts to directly open Firewall  - 'View Firewall Events'

Offline pykko

• Comodo's Hero
    • Intr-o lume plina de virusi, ai un prieten
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 04:07:09 AM »
Just installed it and it is working very nice. It seems the bugs have been fixed. The only issue is a little slower startup but it's ok. :)

Offline bonnieville

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 06:14:12 AM »
morning folks. been using 2.4 for about a year. worked like a charm. easy to install and configure. just installed latest beta and believe i've set up correctly. in pro defence i've got 13 files and not sure what to do with them. tks for any help. would be great if a video was posted for installs. tks again. frank.

Offline philip926

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 06:15:25 AM »
Just installed on my Vista and XP systems. Working very nicely, thank you. Does anybody know when the final release will be coming? Hope it will contain more Themes.
Philip Yeoh

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 06:56:12 AM »
Just installed on my Vista and XP systems. Working very nicely, thank you. Does anybody know when the final release will be coming? Hope it will contain more Themes.

Seeing as this is (supposted to be) the last BETA I'd say we could see the final release somewhere in January if we're lucky!
But more likely it'll be in February, as there's gonna be some RC's.
And I've heard it might include customized skins.

Ragwing

Offline philip926

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 06:59:56 AM »
Ah, thanks for the info, Ragwing.
Philip Yeoh

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »
   Just installed the latest beta.  Very little fanfare with the installation (which is a GOOD thing).  I like the wizard, I like the choices offered in the wizard, and maybe most importantly for Average Joe Computer User, the wording in the wizard seems easy enough to understand.  If AJCU just chooses the defaults (which is what I did) he/she should be fine.  The install seemed to go along with many fewer choices to make on popups (also a good thing).  I am running it on my XP.  I think this version is good (and easy) enough to put on my wife's Vista machine upstairs.  Now, I tell all of you, if my "this thing has too many buttons" wife approves of the beta firewall it is ready for primetime!!  LOL.

Nice job! 

(:KWL)    :Beer

LOL

We will eagerly await the response :)

Melih

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek